The Av Receiver Chromecast For 2023
1. Best Overall: Sony STR-DN1080 7.2-ch AV Receiver
The STR-DN1080 AV receiver offers a 7.2 channel surround sound experience, as well as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for the ultimate home theater experience. With Dolby Atmos, you get a new immersive audio experience with moving sounds all around you that flow above, around and far beyond your listening position. Read Review
2. Best For The Price: Onkyo TX-NR696 Home Audio Smart Audio
The Onkyo TX-NR696 Home Audio Smart Audio Receiver is the heart of your home entertainment system. With powerful, yet easy-to-use features, you can stream music from your smartphone, laptop or PC to the receiver with ease. The receiver also supports a variety of digital formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS formats which provide advanced sound mapping so effects move from speaker to speaker. Read Review
3. Best Design: VSX-LX105 ELITE 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver
The VSX-LX105 ELITE is the ultimate streaming entertainment solution for your home. Connect it to your existing home theater system and enjoy 7.2-channel surround sound with Dolby Atmos or DTS:X surround sound. Read Review
4. Best Sound Quality: TX-NR5100 7.2-Channel 8K AV Receiver
The Onkyo TX-NR5100 7.2-Channel 8K AV Receiver is a high-performance home theater centerpiece for your entertainment systems. This affordable and versatile AV receiver delivers the best in movie, music, and gaming experiences with HDMI 2.1 and eARC connectivity options, as well as immersive sound via connected media players, gaming consoles, and advanced audio from TV apps via eARC. Read Review
Have you ever wondered what happens to your TV right when you get home? What if you want to watch something right away, or play some games on the huge screen? The audio system in your house can help with that.
With a Chromecast built-in AV receiver, you can stream music and videos from your phone, tablet, laptop, PC, NAS, and more directly to your TV through Google’s popular streaming device. This article will explain everything you need to know about Chromecast built-in AV receivers.
Our team, including qualified experts in this area, conducted a survey and carried out it for a great amount of time on finding the right products for av receiver chromecast, nearly 14 hours. And after lots of effort, we have done it well.
As the result, we found some top trending models on the market that many customers tend to search for. In addition, we believe that the Sony STR-DN1080 7.2-ch AV Receiver is one of the best options available to you. We have provided you with a detailed buyer's guide and many other good choices so that you can decide which one is the best for your requirements.
RELATED: According to 7,021 reviews of customers on popular websites, our experts found the top 10 best amp receiver
Our Top Picks
Sony STR-DN1080 7.2-ch AV Receiver
- 4K PASS THROUGH: 4K HDR compatible with HDCP 2.2 support for sharper source to screen image quality
- ADVANCED AUDIO: DTS: X object based surrounds sound adapts to your speaker configuration in real time
- CINEMATIC SOUND AT HOME: Enjoy your favorite TV shows & movies, stream your favorite music and more with theater like sound in the comfort of your home
- SPECS: 1155 Watts, 6 ohm, 1 kilo Hertz, THD 0.9% A/V receiver with 2nd zone and available 3rd zone connectivity
- IN THE BOX: Receivers include a calibration microphone, FM wire antenna, remote control, batteries
- PHANTOM SURROUND SETTING: Experience 7 channel surround sound with only a 5 channel speaker setup. Chrome cast built in is present
- EASY LISTENING: The STRDN1080 has Chromecast and is AirPlay, Multi Room and Google Home compatible
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL SYSTEM: Enjoy a multi channel stereo setup and preset channel FM / AM radio tuner
- DYNAMIC SETUP: 6 in/2 out HDMI flexibility, front USB port and optical digital, analog AV connections
Best For The Price
Onkyo TX-NR696 Home Audio Smart Audio
- SMART AVR. This is the heart of your entertainment system. Stream from Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, TIDAL, Deezer and TuneIn to share sound as part of a multi-room system. Works with Sonos, Chromecast built-in, AirPlay 2, DTS Play-Fi and FlareConnect.
- SONOS COMPATIBLE. This Onkyo receiver can join your existing Sonos Home Sound System, or start a new one, by pairing with a Sonos Connect. The AVR ties into the Sonos ecosystem, waking, changing inputs and playing at the desired volume from the Sonos app.
- DTS ATMOS. Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer provides an immersive listening experience, creating a virtual surround and height effect. Dolby Atmos and DTS formats provide advanced sound mapping so effects move from speaker to speaker. 5.2.2-ch Dolby Atmos.
- GOOGLE CHROMECAST. Cue, play, and control music playback by voice with your Google Assistant smart speaker. Control playback with Chromecast-enabled apps from your iPhone, iPad, Android phone or tablet, Mac or Windows laptop or Chromebook.
- THX CERTIFIED SELECT. Take movie night to the next level. THX Certified Select guarantees the same reference volume level of a commercial theater in rooms where the viewing position is about 10–12 feet from the screen. 210 W/Ch THX Certified Select.
- * Enhanced gaming * Discrete zone 2 HDMI switching * Immersive sound from your tv apps * HDMI 2.1 with 8K
Best Sound Quality
TX-NR5100 7.2-Channel 8K AV Receiver
- Ready for 8K/4K entertainment
- Enhanced Gaming: Own your opponents with HDMI 2.1 enhancements for gamers: 4K/120Hz HDR pass-through enables ultra-fast motion – VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) eliminates lag, stutter, and frame-tearing for fluid gameplay. – ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) optimizes latency from source to screen – QFT (Quick Frame Transport) limits lag for a smoother experience.
- Stream your favorite music: Use Works with Sonos 1, Chromecast built-in, AirPlay 2, and DTS Play-Fi; includes Spotify, Amazon Music, Pandora, TIDAL, Deezer, or TuneIn streaming services
- Voice Control: Work with your digital assistant in any room with easy Google and Amazon Alexa SMART home ecosystem integrations
- Immersive Sound from your TV Apps: eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) simplifies connectivity and supports the latest high-bitrate audio formats including Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS: X, Dolby TrueHD.
- Accueq with subwoofer EQ and accureflex
- 250 watts Channel
- 5.2.2-Ch Dolby Atmos and DTS: x playback
- Supports 4K/60p and HDR (HDR10, hlg, Dolby vision, BT.2020)
- Dolby Atmos height virtualize* and DTS virtual: x
Onkyo TX-8260 2 Channel Network Stereo Receiver
- Your Onkyo receiver can now be part of your existing Sonos Home Sound System, or the start of a new one. Instantly upgrade the music streaming capability of your home theater receiver with Sonos Connect and a free firmware update
- Mm phono, analog, USB, and digital Audio inputs
- Chromecast built-in, FireConnect, and DTS Play-Fi Multi-room Audio
- Spotify, Tidal, Pandora, tune in, and Deezer via Onkyo controller app
- 80 W/Ch stereo power (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.1%, 2 Ch Driven, FTC); 160 W/Ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10%, 2 Ch Driven)
- 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, airplay, and Bluetooth technology
- HDMI 2.1 with HDCP 2.2 (4 in/1 out)
- 4K Ultra HD support, HDR10, Dolby vision, hybrid log gamma and BT.2020
- 5.1 channel powerful surround sound
- Bluetooth for wireless connectivity. Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) 100W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD); Rated Output Power (20Hz 20kHz, 2ch driven) 70W (8 ohms, 0.09% THD); Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (Jeita) 145W (6 ohms, 10% THD)
- Providing complete compatibility with the latest HDMI standards, this AV receiver delivers transmission of 4K video at 60 frames/second pass through; It also supports HDR (High Dynamic Range) Video including Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log Gamma which provides incredible contrast, smooth tone and rich, bright colors
- YPAO auto calibration technology for ideal sound, Exclusive Yamaha Cinema DSP technology supports playback of HD Audio (Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD Master Audio, etc.), providing natural and expansive sound imaging
- Virtual Front Surround: S Force PRO delivers virtual surround sound with only a 2 speaker setup
- Smart Connectivity: Stream music and use Bluetooth Standby turn on the receiver from your phone
- Multi Function System: Enjoy a Multi Channel Stereo Setup, FM Radio Tuner and 1/4 Inches Headphone Jack
- Dynamic Setup: 4 Stereo Rca Audio Inputs and 2 Digital Audio Outputs (1 Optical and 1 Coaxial)
- NOTE: Scroll down the catalog to find installation Manual and User Guide for trouble shooting steps.
- Cinematic Sound at Home: Enjoy your favorite movies, TV shows and more with theater like sound in the comfort of your home
- In the box: Receivers include a calibration microphone, FM wire antenna, remote control, batteries
- EASY-TO-UNDERSTAND & USER-FRIENDLY SETUP ASSISTANT comes with an ADVANCED GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE that guides you through the step-by-step process and connects all your audio sources to the stereo amplifier receiver
- HANDS-FREE OPERATIONS – Command your favorite voice control agent - Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or Apple Siri - to STREAM UNLIMITED MUSIC using popular services like Spotify, TuneIn, Netflix and more via Built-in HEOS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi
- At 4-inches tall, this 5.2 channel stereo receiver is A COMPLETE HOME ENTERTAINMENT BOX LOADED WITH FEATURES. Connect all your audio sources, enjoy wireless streaming, plug your USB drives or play vinyls using the MM phono preamp – it’s got it all
- MULTI-ROOM AUDIO TECHNOLOGY – With the HEOS Home Entertainment App, play the same song in every room, or a different one in each room. Connect all your HEOS speakers to the app and get full control everywhere in your home
- FULL COMPATIBILITY WITH 4K ULTRA HD TV – Featuring 60Hz full-rate content, pure color sub-sampling, BT.2020, HDR, HLG, eARC & Dolby Vision, enjoy an IMPACTFUL HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE with EXCEPTIONAL PICTURE QUALITY & A THRILLING SURROUND SOUND
- SEAMLESSLY INTEGRATES WITH SMART HOME AUTOMATION SYSTEMS like Josh or Control 4, and allows REMOTE MONITORING OF CONNECTED DEVICES, while you are vacationing or on the move
- This 5 CHANNEL DISCRETE POWER AMPLIFIER (50W per channel) boasts 6 HDMI inputs and 1 output, full HDCP 2.2 support for copy protection - a must-buy for your home entertainment and speaker system
- Amplify and enjoy your home audio experience in the comfort of your home
- FM Radio with 30 station presets;
- Phono input, 4 stereo RCA audio inputs, 3.5 millimeter input, stereo RCA output
- Full size (1/4 inch) headphone jack
- In the box: Remote (RMT-AA400U), batteries, FM antenna
- Low profile design (5 ¼ Inch tall) fits easily into conventional AV cabinet
- 100 watts x 2 (8 ohms, 1 Kilo Hertz). Speaker impedance - 6–16 ohms
- Built in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream your favorite music service, podcasts, and more from other Bluetooth devices.
- Connect up to 4 speakers; A/B switching to play all at once, or in separate zones
Things To Look For When Buying av receiver chromecast
There are numerous factors to consider when looking for the av receiver chromecast to purchase. The easiest way to figure out the right one is to read reviews from people who have already purchased it.
Throughout this article, we will go over certain most important factors to consider when purchasing av receiver chromecast. Please take your time reading and studying the items listed below!
Automatic speaker calibration is an option on many receivers that makes it easier to calibrate the speakers. The receiver sends test sounds to each speaker and subwoofer, and monitors the sound with a microphone. This allows it to determine the size of the speaker, to measure distance between the speaker and the listener, and to check that the connections are correct. This technology is compatible with surround sound as well as traditional 2-channel home entertainment systems.
Total Harmonic Distortion
Inputs And Outputs
Multi-zone Audio Feature
What Is The Difference Between 5.2 And 7.2 Receivers?Five surround sound speakers can be connected to a 5.2 receiver, as well as two subwoofers. For the surround sound speakers, there are five options: front left, front right and center.
Seven channels are available for surround sound speakers, and two subwoofer channels. A 7.2 receiver can handle both. The 7.2 speaker arrangement is identical to a standard 5.1 setup, with two additional surround sound speakers at the back and one more in the back.
Is An A/V Receiver Good For Gaming?You might find it possible, particularly if surround sound is important for immersive gaming. Before you purchase, make sure it supports the most recent standards, such as Dolby Atmos (one of the newer HDMI standards), and HDR compatibility. You can also find features like Auto Low Latency Mode and Variable Refresh rate support on the Denon AVRX4700H. While an A/V receiver doesn't need to be used for gaming, it is a great addition if surround sound is important.
Does An AV Receiver Improve Video Quality?Advanced video processing abilities can be found in some AV receivers that improve image quality. The best performance is only possible with high-end, expensive models.
Even if your receiver is not high-end, modern televisions are equipped with excellent video processing algorithms, which will produce a stunning picture, regardless of source.
What Is The Difference Between An AV Receiver And An Amplifier?An integrated amplifier that includes a preamplifier as well as a power amp in one box is called an AV receiver. It is also known as a receiver. It could be called an amplifier.
A receiver can be described as an integrated amplifier and a tuner that receives AM/FM radio signal. Technically speaking, an AV amplifier should not be used if it doesn't include a tuner. An AV receiver can be used, but it is still a common term.
What Is Upconverting In An AV Receiver?You connect the player to the receiver with one type of connection and expect that the receiver will output the video using another type.
You might, for example, connect an analog DVD player to the receiver and ask it to transmit this via HDMI.
Only the most expensive receivers are capable of upconverting different video inputs to HDMI output. You will need to transmit the component video signal through a component attached to the receiver if the receiver is unable to upconvert.
What Is The Difference Between A Stereo Receiver And A Surround Sound Receiver?Stereo receivers have two channels, and can be used to play stereo audio. Surround sound receivers have five channels or more and can connect to surround sound speakers.
To get surround sound, most people desire surround sound speakers. Stereo amplifiers can be used to enhance the sound quality in your home.
Which A/V Receivers Are Better For Music Or Movies?No. Music can reveal more about sound quality and character than movies soundtracks. Those who listen to music may prefer one brand over another.
The av receiver chromecast would be those who suit your needs and demands at the lowest possible cost. With more and more options available, it could be simple to find a design that satisfies all of these criteria. If you're not sure which one is best for you, take into account the Yamaha TSR-700 7.1 Channel AV Receiver for another option.
READ NEXT: The 24 Inch Smart Tv With Roku For 2023