The 10 Best Atmos Soundbars Of 2023, Tested By Our Experts
1. Best Overall: SAMSUNG 3.1.2ch Q700A Q Series Soundbar - Dolby Atmos/ DTS: X
Transform your TV into a high-quality sound system with the Samsung Q700A Q Series Soundbar. Optimized for Samsung TVs, this unit delivers high fidelity sound with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X technology. Its compact size and convenient controls make it easy to install anywhere in your home. Its sleek design adds a modern touch to any room.
2. Best For The Price: Hisense HS312 3.1ch Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer 300W, Dolby Atmos
Hisense HS312 has all the features you want in a soundbar and more. Enjoy better TV sound with Dolby Atmos, easy connectivity, wireless subwoofer and 4K pass-through. Plus, the quick touch EQ mode lets you enjoy your favorite entertainment on the move.
3. Best Compatible: Sony HTX8500 2.1ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X Soundbar with Built-in subwoofer
Enjoy the thrill of Dolby Atmos and DTS:X from a single slim unit. With a vertical surround engine, two front speakers can create full, cinematic sound from all around you – including upstairs. Powerful built-in dual subwoofers provide deep bass without any extra equipment. Advanced digital signal processing converts stereo audio to cinematic surround sound.
4. Best Design: New Bose Smart Soundbar 900 Dolby Atmos with Alexa Built-In
This innovative soundbar delivers an immersive audio experience that you can enjoy in any room of the house. With two custom-engineered up-firing dipole speakers, it works in conjunction with Bose technologies to reproduce sounds as if they are emanating from every direction. It is also a wireless Bluetooth soundbar that will allow you to take your favorite TV shows and movies with you wherever you go.
If you’re a fan of movies or sports, you know that it can be incredibly rewarding to immerse yourself in the action. Some of the best ways to do this are with a home theater sound system and an Atmos movie channel. These technologies let you create a fully immersive and audio-centered experience by delivering sounds in three dimensions around you.
With the best Atmos soundbar, you can get amazing surround sound without the hassle of adding additional speakers or amp circuits to your setup. You get the same great sense of sound as other components but with less wiring and fewer potential points of failure. If you’re looking for an excellent Atmos-capable soundbar, we have some suggestions for you below. They vary in price from to expensive but all offer fantastic performance for their respective cost level.
However, after investing many hours, we've come up with a name that's worthy of your requirement: SAMSUNG 3.1.2ch Q700A Q Series Soundbar - Dolby Atmos/ DTS: X. If you desire extra features not included in this model, you might look into another one, Hisense HS312 3.1ch Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer 300W, Dolby Atmos. It could better suit your needs.
RELATED: Our team research 10,478 customer reviews and create the list of 7 best rated soundbar for tv for you.
Our Top Picks
- Q-SYMPHONY - Perfectly synchronized, fully immersive QLED TV and soundbar audio.
- SPACEFIT SOUND - Automatically calibrated sound and enhanced clarity to adapt to your space.
- WORKS WITH - Enjoy your Soundbar hands-free using voice control through your Alexa-enabled device.
- TRUE 3.1.2CH SOUND - The complete audio entertainment experience with 3 channels, 1 subwoofer and 2 up-firing channels.
- DOLBY ATMOS / DTS:X - Theater-quality sound that fires from the front, side and above for true audio immersion.
Best For The Price
Hisense HS312 3.1ch Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer 300W, Dolby Atmos
- Easy Connectivity: With HDMI (eARC), the Hisense HS312 can connect to your TV through a single HDMI cable (included), connect wirelessly via Bluetooth, and control both with one remote. You'll be enjoying better TV sound in minutes.
- Roku TV Ready: As Roku TV Ready device, the Hisense HS312 Soundbar is fully compatible with any Roku Tv through the HDMI (ARC) connection. You can even use the Roku Tv remote to control both the Tv and soundbar for easier setup and better navigation experience.
- Quick Touch EQ Modes: Get the best audio performance from music, movie, news, night, and sport with a simple touch of the remote with multiple preset EQ settings.
- Accessories included: Everything you need to get started. We’ve included an HDMI cable, optical cable, and a wall mounting kit to make sure that you have what you need to make the most of your Hisense audio experience right out of the box.
- 4K Pass-Through: With 4K Pass-Through built in and a HDR signal, Hisense soundbar HS312 will deliver a seamless 4K experience for you.
- Dolby Atmos: Dolby Atmos sound is cinema technology for your home. It provides amazing realism you can hear in every scene.
- Enjoy Better TV Sound: Easy to place and connect to your television, the Hisense H312 soundbar significantly improves your TV entertainment experience and is perfect for TVs. Instead of just hearing the scene, you're transported into it.
- Wireless Subwoofer: A dedicated, wireless subwoofer delivers the robust low-end frequencies that punctuate your favorite movies, music, and games, without any messy wires. You'll feel the "boom" while the two front-facing speakers project bright, clear high- and mid-range frequencies.
- Seven different sound modes to enhance your entertainment experience
- Dual built-in subwoofers for deep bass
- Voice enhancement for greater clarity
- 7.1.2ch Dolby Atmos/DTS X with Vertical Sound Engine
- All sound upscaled close to 7.1.2ch audio
- Easily integrates with your AV system with HDMI and optical inputs
- 4K HDR passthrough-enabled to ensure a high-quality entertainment experience
- In the box: Remote Control, Batteries for remote, HDMI Cable, AC Adaptor, AC Cord, Quick Setup Guide, Instruction Manual
- Slim, low-profile design complements your TV
- One-cable HDMI eARC for simple, high-quality connection to your TV
- Easy smart soundbar setup — The Bose Smart Soundbar 900 uses a single connection to any TV. Choose from the HDMI eARC connection or optical audio connection (both cables provided), connect the soundbar to a TV, hook it up to power, and turn it on
- Wireless soundbar streaming, your way — With Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Apple AirPlay 2 and Spotify Connect, you can wirelessly stream whatever you want, however you want
- Dolby Atmos soundbar — This wireless Bluetooth soundbar lends an extra dimension of height to your sound. Proprietary Bose TrueSpace spatial processing analyzes and upmixes sounds for an enveloping listening experience in Dolby, stereo, and more
- Voice control soundbar — Exclusive Bose Voice4Video technology expands your voice capabilities like no other smart soundbar can. In addition to controlling your Dolby Atmos soundbar, you can control your TV, cable and more with just your voice
- Latest Bose soundbar — It’s the most immersive Bose voice control soundbar yet. Two custom-engineered upfiring dipole speakers work with Bose technologies to make it feel as if sound is coming from every direction — even overhead
- Sleek design — From material quality to construction and finishes to controls, Bose obsessed over every detail to produce a Bluetooth soundbar speaker that looks as astonishing as it sounds
- Bose Music app — Download the Bose Music app to set up your Bluetooth soundbar speaker, set up Voice4Video, and browse your music in one place. It’s another simple way to control and group together compatible Bose products
- Built-in voice assistants (Alexa and Google Assistant) — Noise-rejecting microphones work together to listen in every direction for your commands, even when the music’s playing loudly. For times when you want privacy, just disable the microphones with the mic-off button
- Slim Design: Infini Pro Dolby Atmos soundbar for TV’s low profile, streamlined body is 36 inches in length, and is wrapped in a discreet black fabric to allow it to blend in effortlessly with your interior.
- Customized Sound Modes: Choose from Movie, Music, or Voice mode to enhance Infini Pro Dolby Atmos soundbar for TV’s sound for the media you’re watching or listening to.
- Dolby Atmos Soundbar for TV: The world’s leading surround sound technology reproduces breathtaking, moving audio from all around you—even overhead.
- Versatile Input Options: Choose from HDMI, HDMI ARC, optical, or Bluetooth 5.0 connections. Also supports 4K HDR and Dolby Vision pass-through to 4K TVs.
- Built-In Subwoofers: Infini Pro’s integrated 2.1 channel design pairs two front-facing 2.5-inch mid-range drivers and 1-inch tweeters with dual, up-facing 3-inch built-in subwoofers, symmetrical bass reflex ports, and exclusive BassUp technology for intense low frequencies and 105dB of room-filling sound.
Best Sound Quality
SAMSUNG HW-Q70T 3.1.2ch Soundbar with Dolby Atmos / DTS:X (2020)
- DOLBY ATMOS AND DTS: X: Capture every sound above and around you with Dolby Atmos and DTS: X
- ADAPTIVE SOUND - Optimizes sound for every scene, even letting you hear the quietest whispers
- MUSIC COMES ALIVE WITH YOUR VOICE - Enjoy your Soundbar hands-free using voice control through your Alexa enabled device
- TRUE 3.1.2 SOUND: With 3 channels, 1 subwoofer channel, and 2 up-firing channels, you gain sound that commands your attention
- SAMSUNG ACOUSTIC BEAM - Acoustic Beam technology delivers sound that seems to come from precisely where the action is happening
- Q-SYMPHONY: Syncs your Q-Series Soundbar speakers with your Samsung QLED TV speakers for the most immersive sound
- MORE WAYS TO CONTROL & LISTEN: Stream all your favorite music and podcasts from Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and more, wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop via Chromecast, Airplay 2, or Bluetooth. Works with Hey Google.
- DOLBY ATMOS SURROUND SOUND: Multi-dimensional sound for greater depth and excitement.
- RAY∙DANZ TECHNOLOGY: RAY∙DANZ technology creates an incredibly immersive, ultra-wide soundstage.
- CENTER CHANNEL: Enjoy clearer dialogue from the sound bar's center channel, tuned for optimal clarity.
- DEEP BASS WITH WIRELESS SUBWOOFER: Enjoy extra bass to make movies and music truly come to life.
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric
- Included Components: Main Soundbar, Detachable Wireless Surround Speakers (2), Wireless Subwoofer Remote Control, Power Cords, Hdmi Cable, (2)L-Shape Wall-Mount Bracket (Main Bar), (2) U-Shape Wall-Mount Bracket (For Surround Speakers), Kit With Screws
- Ultra HD 4K Pass-through with Dolby Vision
- 820W Output power
- With detachable, battery powered surround speakers you can enjoy real surround sound without the wires
- Experience deep bass with a 300W, 10" powered subwoofer
- Wireless Communication Technology: Wi-Fi
- Connector Type: Optical
- Built-in Dolby Atmos and DTS: X decoding
Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite 7.2.4 Channel 800W Dolby Atmos Soundbar
- Transform your living room into a premium cinema within minutes. Experience deep, room-filling bass with the industry’s only Dual Wireless Subwoofers and True 360° 7.2 channel surround sound with the Soundbar + Two Rear Surround Speakers. Discover what you have been missing from movies, music and games and step into the future of home theater. Created with the same DNA as our flagship Shockwafe Ultra 9.2.4 SSE, Winner of the best Dolby Atmos Soundbar Battle (hosted by Brian Tong, Ex Cnet host)
- TWO 2-WAY REAR SPEAKERS (industry’s first!) produce spacious and dynamic surround sound. Each of them (connected to sub via RCA wires) is constructed with a tweeter that reproduces high frequencies with captivating clarity, and a full-range driver that delivers surround effects with power and precision. Simply put, the surround sound performance from simulated/virtual 2.1 or other 5.1 channel surround soundbars does not come anywhere close to this.
- Our DUAL 8" WIRELESS SUBWOOFERS (industry's first!) produce ground-shaking rumbles that you will hear and feel from anywhere in your living room. They merge to distribute adrenaline-pumping bass effects evenly throughout the room with zero localization. Altogether, the sound bar with subwoofers unleash cinema-level volumes without a trace of distortion, replicating the perfect cinema experience. Agreed among experts, TWO subwoofers are a must for ultimate home theaters.
- Experience a whole new level of surround performance with our exclusive Spatial Surround Elevation SSE Technology. Featuring 3 advanced audio processing engines working in harmony to enhance directionality, enlarge spaciousness and unlock extra details of any audio soundtrack. Envelop your home theater with up to 7.2.4 channels of Dolby Atmos or DTS:X moving audio that flows all around you. Unleash the full dynamics of your audio experience with 106dB of room-filling sound.
- All units sold since Aug '19 can receive Dolby Atmos surround via TV’s eARC when streaming with TV’s smart apps like Netflix (Note: not all TVs can output Atmos. Refer to your TV brand’s audio output specs). Enjoy advanced connectivity with Dolby Vision, 4K UHD pass-thru and High Dynamic Range (HDR). Connect up to 6 devices via 1 HDMI ARC, 3 HDMI, 1 Optical and 1 Coaxial inputs. The 52-key backlit remote allows seamless control of sources, DSP modes, individual channel and room size optimization
- 9 High-Performance Speakers Featuring Separate Tweeters & Woofers Provide pristine clarity and rich sound
- Advanced Connectivity & Control The latest HDMI eARC connectivity enables state-of-the-art 4K Dolby Vision pass-through to the TV and lets you control the sound bar using your TV remote.
- 5.1-Channel Sound Experience a powerful room-filling, surround sound experience.
- Low-Profile Modern Design Seamlessly blends into any environment and ingeniously attaches to select VIZIO M-Series TV stands for quick, clean tabletop or wall-mount installation.
- Immersive Performance Experience immersive, cinematic 3D surround sound powered by Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
To Choose The best atmos soundbars, What Criteria Do You Need To Study Before?
Almost all buyers are anxious about getting best atmos soundbars. Whenever creating multiple purchases, various issues need to be resolved. Our market expertise will give you help to make the best shopping selection.
Please consider the following factors before selecting best atmos soundbars:
Number Of Channels And Speakers
Ease Of Set-up And Use
Wi-Fi And Bluetooth
There are special sound modes for various audio types, such as watching movies, listening to music, or gaming. You can adjust the treble and bass settings depending on what you are watching/listening too.
Compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa for voice-controlled music.
Front-panel displays that display important information, such as volume levels. Make sure to check if this display is able to be switched off when it's not in use so that it does not become distracting.
RELATED: With so many options on the market, it can be hard to choose the best budget friendly soundbar. We've rounded up the best list for you here.
Can You Use Any Soundbar With Any TV?There are very few exceptions to this rule. However, you can still use your soundbar with any TV. It is helpful sometimes to match soundbar and TV brands. New soundbars often use HDMI ARC to transmit the audio from the TV's speakers through the soundbar. If both of your devices have this port, you are good. An optical connection is available on some older soundbars, and almost all TVs have them.
Can You Add A Subwoofer To A Sound Bar?Wireless sound bars often come with a subwoofer. You can also add your own wireless subwoofer to the sound bars that do not have one. If you desire an immersive experience, you'll want it.
Where Do I Place My Soundbar?The soundbars can be placed directly in front of your TV using a stand, or any other type of furniture. They are usually less than 2 inches high so they won't interfere with the infrared remote port of your TV or block it. Some soundbars are also wall-mountable and include brackets. There are third-party kits that can be used to mount soundbars on the wall.
Can You Use A Soundbar To Play Music?A soundbar can make music play through your TV much more enjoyable. Bluetooth is a feature that many soundbars offer, so you won't have to turn on the TV to hear your music. A soundbar that has a wireless subwoofer will work best to reproduce deep bass and dynamics.
Can You Add Speakers To A Sound Bar?There are both yes and no. Some sound bars have additional speakers that can be added to the system, which brings you closer to home theatre sound. If the soundbar is multi-room compatible, then wireless rear speakers can be added. This is a good option for those who have or want to install a multi-room sound system in their home.
Can A Sound Bar Be Used As A Center Speaker?There are some that can and others that can't, but it's not something we recommend. Although a passive soundbar could technically be used to provide center channel speakers, this is not what it was designed for. This is like asking a pitcher to play both catch and second base instead of the only position that he excels at.
Are Soundbars Really Worth It?They are well worth the investment when compared to how loud your TV sounds. A soundbar costs only $100 and can make your TV viewing experience 10x better. A soundbar can make it easier to understand speech by allowing TV speakers to face down.
Will A Soundbar Improve Sound Quality?Modern TVs have very tiny speakers which bounce sound off of your TV. As a result, they can be distant and harsh. A soundbar can be added to most TVs to improve their sound quality, particularly when it comes down to reproducing spoken words. It will also allow you to listen to music.
Since merchandising consultant pros have a wide variety of expertise, the information above is presumed to be accurate. The data of best atmos soundbars is also updated on a regular basis. You may feel confident that the data is current and accurate.
Please report any problems with best atmos soundbars so that we can improve your experience. We'll work even harder to improve our quality as a consequence of your favorable comments!