The Best Compact Surround Sound System For 2023
1. Best Overall: Fluance Signature HiFi Compact Surround Sound 5.0 Channel System
Fluance Signature HiFi Compact Surround Sound 5.0 Channel System is a complete home theater package for your living room. This system includes five speakers and a powerful amplifier, all with the goal of providing you with rich, accurate sound. T Read Review
2. Best Audio Performance: Sony 5.2-Channel High-Performance Surround Sound 8" Speaker System
The Sony 5.2-Channel High-Performance Surround Sound Speaker System is a great addition to your home theater system. With 3D Sound Plus, the sound matches the depth and motion of the video so you can enjoy a fully immersive 3D experience. Read Review
3. Best Quality: Jamo Studio Series S 803 HCS-BLK Surround Sound System
Experience the latest in home cinema innovation with Jamo's Studio Series S 803 HCS-BLK Black Home Cinema System. Designed to provide a stylish and contemporary design, this system comes with an all-in-one sound bar with subwoofer, and three satellite speakers. You'll be able to enjoy an immersive cinematic audio experience that envelopes you in sound. Read Review
4. Best Performance: Klipsch Black Reference Theater Pack 5.1 Surround Sound System
Klipsch's Black Reference Theater Pack offers superior acoustic performance while keeping an incredibly minimal footprint. Klipsch's exclusive Tractrix Horn technology and aluminum tweeters deliver the cleanest, most natural sound possible. The down-firing wireless subwoofer is designed to deliver room-filling low frequencies without requiring too much floor space. Read Review
Surround sound is one of the most effective ways to experience your favorite movies, shows, and music. With the right equipment and speakers, you can immerse yourself in the sounds of everything from rainforests to winter wonderlands. There are a number of great compact surround sound systems on the market that won’t take up a lot of space in your home.
In this blog post, we will explore some of the best compact surround sound systems available for purchase. We have compiled a list of some of the top models, their benefits, and their potential downsides. Whether you live in a small apartment or have limited space, these compact speakers will not disappoint!
Our team had to focus on researching and sifting through hours to get such results for readers. These studies are based on customer star reviews and interviews about their feelings when using the product. When it comes to finding, we believe the Fluance Signature HiFi Compact Surround Sound 5.0 Channel System is a worth product to buy. If you're looking for additional options and more in-depth advice, you may check out the following.
RELATED: We have found top 10 best hi fi stereo system based on 5,628 consumer reviews. See our top picks of 2023.
Our Top Picks
- Precision Crafted Cabinets - Acoustically inert, engineered with MDF wood to create a warm, distortion-free sound
- 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers - Enveloping surround sound provides outstanding precision and clarity, allowing you to soak up all the dramatic impact your movies and music can deliver
- Detailed Center Channel - Perfecting the vocals and dialogue of your favorite music and movies, ensuring you are in the center of the action for a life-like home audio experience
- 5.0 Speaker System - Perfectly timbre-matched bookshelf fronts, center channel and rear surrounds, all designed to encapsulate you with every sound effect, the way the artist intended
- Compact Home Theater System - Full range sound from the powerful midrange drivers and the high-end Neodymium tweeters deliver captivating surround sound throughout your entire room
Best Audio Performance
Sony 5.2-Channel High-Performance Surround Sound 8" Speaker System
- HDMI Pass-Through - HDMI pass-through functionality allows all connected HDMI devices, including native 4K video content, Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D movies, video games and other content to conveniently pass-through to your compatible television or projector.
- AM/FM Tuner - A built-in digital FM/AM Stereo Tuner with 60 station preset memory (30 FM, 30 AM) lets you choose from a wide variety of radio, talk and music programming
- Compact and powerful - Enhance your TV experience with rich, dynamic sound of the Sony 5.2 Channel Built In Surround Sound Multimedia Home Theater Speaker System
- 3D Sound Plus - Complement the images you see on screen with the full sound of 3D Sound Plus. By analyzing the depth of the 3D image, 3D Sound Plus synchronizes the sound to match the motion and depth of the image. Now you can enjoy a fully immersive 3D experience
- In-Ceiling Speakers - An easy-to-install in-ceiling speaker system that has magnetic grilles and high sound quality designed to meet various custom installation requirements
- Complete 5.0 Home Theater
- Dolby Atmos Ready
- You will receive: 1 Jamo Studio Series S 803 HCS-BLK Black home Cinema system
- Contemporary Design
- Klipsch's exclusive Tractrix Horn technology and aluminum Tweeters deliver the cleanest, most natural sound possible. The down-firing wireless subwoofer is designed to deliver room-filling low frequencies without requiring too much floor space
- The reference theater pack brings the Klipsch cinematic sound into your home with an incredibly minimal footprint
- To complement the easy placement of the wireless subwoofer, each satellite speaker has a keyhole mount and a threaded insert for maximum mounting flexibility
- The Klipsch reference theater pack delivers a superior acoustic performance while keeping an incredibly minimal footprint
- Speaker - Connect up to six devices
- Speaker: 5.1 digital surround sound - Hear every detail in your Dolby Digital and DTS soundtracks the way the studio intended
- Adapter: Plugs into any powered PC speakers, home stereo systems and A/V receivers using RCA or 3.5 mm jacks. This product is a receiver ONLY, not a transmitter
- Speaker: THX-certified home theater speakers - Your assurance of true cinema-quality sound
- Adapter: Stream music from up to 15 meters (50 feet) away from your speakers
- Adapter: Makes your speakers Bluetooth for streaming music from your smartphone or tablet
- Speaker: 1000 watt peak power
- Bluetooth Streaming: Stream Your Favorite Movies, Shows, and Music from Your Smartphone or Tablet
- Powerful Subwoofer: Large 6.30 Inches Speaker Unit and 6.16 Gallon Volume for a Deeper, Richer Bass Sound
- Wirelessly Connect: Connect via Bluetooth to Send Audio to the Slim Soundbar and Sub from Anywhere
- One-Cable Connect: Send Audio and Control Information from the TV Using a Single Cable with HDMI Arc
- 7 Sound Modes: Choose from Auto Sound, Cinema, Music, Game, News, Sports, and Standard Audio Mode
- In the Box: Soundbar, Subwoofer, Remote Control, Batteries, Optical Cable, Quick Setup Guide, Manual
- Voice Enhancement: Isolates Voices and Amplifies Them over the Background Noise for Greater Clarity
- Audio Comes Alive:320W total power output brings content to life with incredible volume and clarity
- S-Force Pro: Virtual Surround Sound Technology Emulates a Theater-Style Surround Sound Experience
- Ultimate Home Theater Upgrade: Sony 2.1 Channel Sound Bar System With Wireless Subwoofer for Optimized Audio
Polk Audio MagniFi Mini Surround Sound Compact System with Big Sound
- Polk's exclusive Voice Adjust Technology even lets you INDEPENDENTLY CONTROL VOICE LEVELS maximizing sound clarity and minimizing voice delays and muzzled sounds. Equipped with INDEPENDENT MODES FOR MOVIES, MUSIC, AND SPORTS, it delivers balanced sound clarity so that you hear every word, making your movie, sports and music experience absolutely exquisite
- EXPERIENCE IMMERSIVE SURROUND SOUND WITH POLK's PATENTED SDA AUDIO TECHNOLOGY and 5.1 Dolby Digital coding. The INCLUDED WIRELESS SUBWOOFER fills your living room, bedroom, or media room with multi-dimensional surround sound
- WIRELESSLY STREAM MUSIC with GOOGLE CAST from your smartphone, tablet or other compatible Android devices for a multi-room system. Cast your favorite music tracks to your sound bar via streaming services like Pandora, Spotify and others
- SMALL SIZE, BIG SOUND - Packed in its compact design is a collection of powerful drivers and tweeters, which produce exceptionally clear sound. At only a little over a foot long, these sound bars are a must-have if you have space limitations for your home theater system
- QUICKLY AND EASILY SETUP THE SOUNDBAR SYSTEM IN MINUTES using the included HDMI and optical cables, the Google Home app on your Android or iOS devices
VIZIO Sound Bar for TV, 20” Surround Sound System, Compact Home Audio
- Stream Your Top Hits With Bluetooth built in, you can stream your favorite music from your smartphone and enjoy it the way it was meant to be – clear, loud, and with plenty of bass.
- Bring on the Bass The discreet, plug and play wireless subwoofer automatically syncs with the sound bar to deliver a deep, balanced sound that adds just the right punch to your favorite content.
- DTS Virtual: X Built-in audio enhancement that provides a multi-dimensional sound experience, through digitally processing a virtual height and depth element to standard two-channel sound systems, creating a wider soundstage and a more immersive listening experience.
- Ultra-Compact Design With all-around great sound, this versatile sound system fits simply and easily in any room in the house, and delivers a louder, clearer, better sound than your TV’s speakers, and elevates the sound of your favorite TV, movie or gaming content.
- The Perfect Gaming Accessory With a Sound Pressure Level of 95dB, and crisp, tight bass from the wireless subwoofer, the 2.1 Sound Bar System brings the roar of the racetrack, or the thunder of multi-player battle to life in your game room.
- SOPHISTICATED SOUND AT AN UNBEATABLE PRICE – Definitive Technology continues to innovate and produces premium range of speakers and home entertainment systems with timeless, purposeful and rational designs, now made at an affordable price
- SURPRISINGLY BIG SOUND FROM SURROUNDS – You'll feel you're in the middle of the action with the (4) satellite speakers that sing. Each satellite has a 1" Tweeter, a 3.25" BDSS woofer and a bass radiator of the same size
- EXCELLENT VOICE CLARITY RIGHT FROM THE CENTER – The high-performance center channel is EQUIPPED WITH THE MOST ADVANCED DRIVERS - a 1" Tweeter, (2) 3.25" Mid/Woofer BDSS Drivers & (2) 3.25" Bass Radiators for precise and surprising sound reproduction
- A MODERN SPACE-SAVING SYSTEM – This compact 5.1 channel home theater gives you a 3-dimensional surround sound experience with clean, rich audio. Includes 4 satellite speakers, 1 center channel & a 250 watt Powered Subwoofer for DEEPER, ROOM-FILLING BASS
- LOW PROFILE DESIGN THAT FITS MOST SPACES – At just under 2" tall, the sound bar fits below the TV allowing uninterrupted viewing and won't block the IR remote sensor. Place it on a shelf or wall-mount it using the included mounting template
- ENJOY WIRELESS MUSIC STREAMING from your favorite streaming apps such as Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and others through the built-in Bluetooth technology
- DEEP POWERFUL BASS – Give your favorite movies, music and shows the deep, rich bass they deserve. No unsightly tangled wires or cables. Just place the included wireless subwoofer anywhere in the room and let the whole place rumble
- With its 100-year legacy & Japanese precision technology, Denon BRINGS PURITY OF SOUND AND JOY TO YOUR LIFE. Immerse yourself in multi-dimensional audio and Hi-Fi surround sound with this soundbar & subwoofer for an exceptional home entertainment system
- SINGLE CABLE HDMI CONNECTIVITY WITH ARC – Connect your TV to Blu-Ray, gaming console or any audio source using the optical digital input or the HDMI port via Audio Return Channel (HDMI & optical cable included). It's convenient and straightforward
- HEAR EVERY WORD WITH DIALOGUE ENHANCER – Denon brings to you an intelligent way of enhancing dialogues that makes them sound crystal clear without having to adjust the volume. Even the most complex audio tracks will now be loud and clear
- LET YOUR TV COME TO LIFE – Equipped with dual 1.25" x 4.4" mid-range drivers, detailed crisp 1" tweeters and Dolby DTS, you will IMMERSE YOURSELF IN VIRTUAL SURROUND SOUND AT HOME WITH THEATER-QUALITY AUDIO
What to Look For in a best compact surround sound system?
The best compact surround sound system is based upon a number of factors. Studying a product differs depending on the product type. So, we're on here to help, counsel, and provide solutions to these problems.
Please keep in mind the following points for selecting best compact surround sound system:
Surround Sound Technology
Number And Type Of Connections
Wireless Vs. Wired
Wireless speaker systems are popular because they're easy to install. Wireless systems can be moved around easily and used in different locations. You can also use the wireless speakers outdoors, such as on your patio.
Home theatre systems that are receiver-based can be purchased in many channels. These channels include 5.1, 7.1.1, and 9.1. This number indicates the total number of speakers and subwoofers in the system.
Apps And Connectivity
You can also control the receivers via compatible apps. This allows you to adjust settings and switch between different content from your smartphone.
How Many Speakers Do I Need?You will need five or more speakers to create a surround sound system. Dolby Atmos enabled setups should include at least five speakers. A good system should have at least five, seven or nine principal speakers. Your space limitations and your budget will determine the amount of speakers you select. You should ensure that your home theater receiver has sufficient input and output options for the speakers you have chosen.
What Is The Best Speaker Setup?A surround sound system consists of two speakers at the front and two speakers in the center. Two surround speakers are located behind your viewer. One subwoofer is included. Two speakers can be added to either side of the viewer in a seven-speaker setup. For larger rooms there are nine-speaker systems. These have two speakers next to the viewer on either side. There are also additional speakers at 70 degrees from your viewers. These traditional layouts can be enhanced by Dolby Atmos overhead speakers, which create an immersive, more real-life experience.
How Do You Make Your Rear Speakers Wireless?Although you can add wired speakers to your rear using a wireless adapter, it is still not ideal. Some manufacturers offer wireless surround speaker systems that can be used wirelessly if necessary.
What Wattage Should I Get For My Home Theater System?Performance is just like performance in cars. The more horsepower you have, the bigger and better your theater will sound. It will sound even louder if you crank it up. It is strange but true that a louder theater can actually produce more goosebumps at lower volume levels.
You should ensure that you use the recommended minimum power for the speakers. A doubling in power is required to hear volume changes up to three decibels. This means that you have 70 watts of power per channel and you desire a significantly higher sound level. You'd need 140 Watts to do this.
How Many Watts Home Theater Do I Need?Your theater will sound better if you have more power under your hood. Strangely, but true, high-power theaters sound louder when they are at lower volume levels. 125 watts per channel would be the best power level to maintain without worrying about running out.
Can I Use A Flat-screen TV For The Display?It is possible, it may be suitable for small spaces. If you decide to go this route, an OLED set of high quality from LG is a great choice. OLED panels are perfect for film because they have excellent color reproduction and great black levels. OLED panels are larger than other projectors and measure 88 inches in height. You should also consider that black bars can reduce screen real estate when you view 21:9 wide format film, which is a popular format used for theatrical releases.
How Big A Screen Should I Get?For many, this may be the most important question. For a true cinema experience, a large screen is essential. It all depends on how you want to seat and what size the space is. In medium-sized theatres, 120 inches is the most common screen size. A minimum distance for a screen that large is around 10 feet. For every foot of screen size, the average seating distance is between 10 and 12 inches. Some people prefer to be closer in order to get the best experience. Others don't like being as close. This can be achieved in multi-row seating arrangements - maybe the children will prefer the front row.
As we are product consulting experts with a wide range of experience, we determine correct information. Apart from that, we keep the best compact surround sound system current. You may rest confident that the data is accurate and up to date.
Besides best compact surround sound system, we can advise you with anything. Please do not hesitate to contact us whenever you need guidance.
READ NEXT: The 10 Best Av Amp Of 2023, Tested By Our Experts