The Best Digital Mixer For Recording In 2023
1. Best Overall: Tascam DP-24SD 24-Track Digital Portastudio Multi-Track Recording
It's a multi-track recorder that's easier to use than any other. One master fader and eighteen track faders allow instant access to any track, without having to select pages or banks.
2. Best For The Price: Professional Audio Mixer Sound Board Console Digital
This compact DJ mixer features sealed rotary controls that resist dirt and grime. It provides total dynamic control to give you the best in clarity and punch. This versatile mixer is ideal for high-quality on-stage performance.
3. Best Powerful: Zoom LiveTrak L-20 Digital Mixer & Multitrack Recording
The digital console, the LiveTrak L-20, is all you need to create complex mixes, monitor and record. It features 20 separate audio channels and six custom monitor mixes. This console is built to support bigger and bolder arrangements.
4. Best Performance: Pyle Professional Audio Mixer System Interface 4 Channel Digital
This Pyle PMXU43BT mixing table is perfect for audio mixing. It has the features and performance that you need. Our legendary mic preamps, microphone EQs, and 16-Bit DSP multi-FX processor are the envy of sound engineers all over the globe.
Are you searching for the best digital mixer for recording? The market is flooded with a variety of options when it comes to recording equipment. You can choose from various brands and models, each with its own set of pros and cons. It’s not easy to find the right digital mixer for recording because there are so many options available.
If your work involves creating and mixing audio files, then you need the best digital mixer for recording at home or in a professional studio. A mixing console makes it easier to monitor levels and adjusts them accordingly, which is essential during the recording process. In this post, we will introduce the best digital mixer for recording and highlight some essential factors you should keep in mind while making your selection. Let’s get started!
Our team spent about hours researching, sifting, and selecting many high-quality models. Tascam DP-24SD 24-Track Digital Portastudio Multi-Track Recording is the product that receives the highest award from us. In addition to the other suggestions on this list, which are equally deserving of your consideration, we have also compiled a helpful buyer's guide to assist you in making your decision.
RELATED: Have you found best mixer with audio interface hard to select? Our personalized shopping guides help you compare and choose right products.
Our Top Picks
- Eighteen track faders and one master fader allows instant access to any track without selecting pages or banks of faders.
- Records to SD/SDHC cards to provide fast, secure and reliable capture of every vocal line, guitar lick and drum hit.
- Remote connector for optional RC-3F footswitch. OS :Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X Snow Leopard(V10.6), OS X Lion(V10.7), OS X Mountain Lion(V10.8), OS X Mavericks(V10.9)
- Built-in multi effects processor and mastering tools make it easy to go from demo to finished product.
- 3.5" LCD screen and select, self-illuminated buttons - make it easy to keep an eye on your entire creative process.
Best For The Price
Professional Audio Mixer Sound Board Console Digital
- USB/Flash Reader /MP3 Compatibility : Connect your external USB, computer PC, flash drive or Bluetooth device to Mix & record; Use the built in controls to play/pause, skip tracks and switch between modes
- Rugged Steel Chassis: With sealed rotary controls to resist dust and grime, this compact DJ mixer will provide total dynamic control for the ultimate in punch and clarity; This incredibly versatile mixer is great for high quality on stage performance, live gigs, and Karaoke; Effortlessly achieve premium quality crystal clear studio level quality musical playback
- Bluetooth Wireless Music Streaming : Hassle and cable free audio streaming ability directly to the console unit; Mix your iPad, iPhone, Android smart phone to your DJ session; This audio mixer makes it a breeze to wirelessly stream all your favorite music tunes to the mixing board easily from Pandora or Spotify
- New Multi Voltage Power Supply : 100V 240V (plus/ 15V DC Power adapter) ideal for worldwide usage; Enjoy a value packed mixing solution today with performances that sound great each time
- MIC plus Sterero Line Inputs : Supporting XLR and unbalanced 1/4" plug with plus 48V phantom buttons, highly accurate LED peak level indicator and ultra musical 3 band EQ on all channels; Ultra low noise, high headroom mixer with super easy functionality for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- 22-In/4-out USB Audio Interface Mode lets you route inputs to DAW or streaming software, even while recording to an SD card
- 6 powered headphone outputs, each with a customizable, savablemix as well as a dedicated 7th output for the sound Engineer
- Wireless control via free IOS app and optional bta-1 adapter
- 20 discrete channels (16 mono mic/line plus 2 stereo) offer up to 22Tracks of recording (up to 24-bit/96 kHz)
- 20 built-in effects with adjustable parameters that can be applied to any channel via two dedicated EFX busses
Pyle Professional Audio Mixer System Interface 4 Channel Digital
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS STREAMING - Hassle and cable-free audio streaming ability directly to the console unit This audio mixer can wirelessly stream music tunes from iPad, iPhone and Android Smart Phone with mixing board from Pandora or Spotify
- RUGGED STEEL CHASSIS - With sealed rotary controls to resist dust and grime, this compact DJ Mixer will provide total dynamic control This incredibly versatile mixer is great for high quality on stage performance, live gigs and Karaoke
- USB/FLASH READER/MP3 COMPATIBILITY - Connect your external USB, computer PC, flash drive or Bluetooth device to mix & record Use the built-in controls to play/pause, skip tracks and switch between modes
- NEW MULTI-VOLTAGE POWER SUPPLY - 100V-240V (+/-15V DC power adapter) ideal for worldwide usage. Enjoy a value packed mixing solution today with performances that sound great each time
- MIC AND STEREO LINE INPUTS - Supporting XLR and unbalanced 1/4" Plug with +48V Phantom button, highly accurate LED Peak Level Indicator and Ultra-musical 3-band EQ on all channels ultra-low noise, high headroom mixer with super easy functionality
- Connects to all Your Studio Equipment: Stereo (2) 1/4inches outputs connect to active monitors, amplifiers and recording devices; headphone output with independent level control
- Home Studio Recording Essentials: XLR inputs with gain trim and switchable high pass filters; Dual band EQ on channels 1 4; Multicolour LED metering for real time, visual level feedback
- Built in Studio Effects: 15 DSP effects with channel FX Sends and Master FX return level to adjust the volume of MultiMix 4 USB FX’s internal FX processor
- Portable, Feature Packed Mixing Desk: 4 channel mixer with 1/4inches line level inputs, a high impedance input / switch for electric guitar and bass (DI), plus XLR inputs with 48V phantom power
- Professional Software Suite Included: ProTools | First Alesis Edition, AIR Mini Grand, DB 33 and Eleven Lite
- Perfect Capture: Class compliant (Mac & PC) USB audio interface records at 16 bit, 44.1/48 kHz resolution and sends computer audio to powered loudspeakers and headphones
- 18V PHANTOM POWER: For the reliable power source, this DJ mixer comes with an 18V Phantom power supply. Includes USB wall adapter power supply and connection cable. It even has an integrated rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery with 500mAh 3.7V
- LOW NOISE DESIGN: This portable 5 channel DJ console sound controller mixer has an ultra-low noise design with high headroom. It can mix, blend and create music with any audio equipment. It is extremely musical with 2-band EQ and Pan on each channel
- 5 CHANNELS: The device caters multiple device connectivity because it has 5 channels. It has 1 XLR / 1/4'' jack combo microphone input, 2 RCA stereo Inputs and 2 1/8'' (3.5mm) stereo output plus monitor jacks
- LED INDICATOR LIGHTS: The recording mixer has LED indicator lights and audio signal clips for user convenience. It has input selection, knobs, master volume controls, independent channel balance and high, plus, low-frequency adjustment
- RECORD AND CONNECT TO PC: This personal mixer has a USB soundcard and audio interface to record and connect to MAC or PC and it has universal digital audio file compatibility. Can be used by beginners or studio professional applications
- 4 inputs: aside from Bluetooth connectivity It also has a USB Audio Interface for PC/flash drive Reader connection, (2) XLR/14" Combo Audio line/mic inputs, 1/4" (6.35mm) mono/stereo input. Works w/ smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer
- 4 channel: 4 channel mixer digital studio DJ mixing system has the ability to mix microphone audio and instrument like guitar/keyboard into one output signal. It features bus audio control sound routing, MP3 digital Audio file compatibility
- Bluetooth compatible: hassle-free audio streaming Ability directly to the console unit. Mix your iPad, iPhone, Android smartphone music to your DJ session. This audio mixer allows you to wirelessly stream music tunes from Pandora/Spotify
- Independent audio configuration: equipped w/ rotary knobs and LED indicator lights to easily adjust the gain, high, low, FX/send, pan tone of each channel. Also has an LCD digital display w/ ID3 tag readout that displays song Title/ Artist
- +48V phantom power: for a reliable power source, The portable audio mixer USB has a +48V phantom power and comes w/ a wall power adapter. The mixer is great for professional DJ studio use, audio recording, on-stage performance, live gigs, karaoke
- +48V PHANTOM POWER: For a reliable power source, the portable audio mixer USB has a +48V phantom power and comes w/ a wall power adapter. The mixer is great for professional DJ studio use, audio recording, on-stage performance, live gigs, karaoke
- 4 INPUTS: Aside from bluetooth connectivity it also has a USB audio Interface for pc/flash drive reader connection, (2) XLR/14" combo audio LINE/mic inputs, 1/4" (6.35mm) mono/stereo input. Works w/ smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer
- INDEPENDENT AUDIO CONFIGURATION: Equipped w/ rotary knobs and LED indicator lights to easily adjust the gain, high, low, fx/send, pan tone of each channel. Also has an LCD digital display w/ ID3 tag readout that displays song title / artist
- 4 CHANNEL: 4 channel mixer digital studio DJ mixing system has the ability to mix microphone audio and instrument like guitar/keyboard into one output signal. It features BUS audio control sound routing, MP3 digital audio file compatibility
- BLUETOOTH COMPATIBLE: Hassle-free audio streaming ability directly to the console unit. Mix your iPad, iPhone, android smartphone music to your DJ session. This audio mixer allows you to wirelessly stream music tunes from pandora/spotify
- Scene and individual settings store and recall
- 12 Class A XMAX solid-state mic preamplifiers (12 channels + talkback)
- Fat Channel signal processing on all channels and buses, with 3-band semi-parametric EQ, compressor, downward expander, and limiter
- 18-in/16-out USB 2.0 audio interface (24-bit/44.1 kHz and 48 kHz) records all channels and main L/R mix
- Software library includes PreSonus Studio One Artist DAW and Capture live-recording software for Mac and Windows and UC Surface mixer-control software for Mac, Windows, and iPad. QMix-UC touch wireless aux-control software for iPhone, iPod touch, and Android are also available free.
- 4 auxiliary buses (pre/post-fader send) and 2 internal FX buses
- 16 channel inputs (8 mono and 4 stereo channel inputs with 60 mm faders (12 faders)
- MIDI I/O: control main and effects output levels, recall effects presets and Scenes, and serve as a MIDI interface
- 2 stereo 32-bit digital effects processors
- Stereo, 31-band graphic EQ on the main bus
- Global +48V phantom power
- 14-channel analog mixer with 8 balanced microphone inputs with XMAX mic preamps plus two instrument inputs, 12 balanced line level inputs, 2 insert points, Stereo Super Channel (Ch. 13/14) with Bluetooth 5. 0 wireless, RCA inputs, 1/8-inch stereo input, and switchable SD/USB stereo playback, Stereo effects processor with 16 presets, dedicated send and return, and bypass footswitch jack.
- 2x2 SD recorder (record main mix); supports SD and SDHC formats up to 32 GB
- 14x4 24-bit/96 kHz, USB 2. 0 (over USB-C connection) audio recording interface; record every channel plus the main mix
- Complete recording solution: Includes Capture live-recording software and Studio One Artist DAW for Mac and Windows
What Is The Most Excellent Strategy For Purchasing A Good best digital mixer for recording?
Upon looking for the perfect best digital mixer for recording, a lot of things should be taken into account. Each item has its own challenge of purchasing. As a result of the formation, we're here to help, advise, and provide answers to these problems.
Our top pick will highlight perhaps one of the most fantastic products currently available on the market and answer frequently asked questions about them.
- What are the pros and cons of shopping for this product?
- Where to go to learn more about the product?
- What are the values of shopping for this item?
- What factors should you examine when determining which product is best for your needs and circumstances?
- Which one on this list is the best?
Along with the availability of selling websites, product consulting platforms, and platforms for customer evaluations and comments in today's information technology network, everyone may participate in this list.
A close inspection of these attributes would be valuable as they were developed and assessed by humans and technology. Keep in mind the following points:
A smaller mixer is more convenient and portable in most situations. A mixer that has less than 16 channels is best if you are concerned about portability. While 16 channels are not an exact rule, they represent the compromise between small and large mixers. Make sure your mixer is protected and has a strong chassis. Mixers can even come with knobs or faders that have very delicate settings. This is important!
An easy-to-use user interface is essential for a sound mixer. If you don't want to be a professional engineer and use the mixer only for audio purposes, a simple interface is crucial. The ease of operation will allow you to understand what's happening and how you can manipulate it. If you want to be the next Dr. Dre then learn from others and dive into more complex interfaces.
Analog Or Digital
Inserts And Direct Outputs
Can A Mixer Replace An Audio Interface?
You can, to a certain extent... however, a stereo mixer will not work the same as a multichannel interfacing which allows you to simultaneously record different audio sources from multiple tracks.
Can I Hear My Voice In Real Time? And Will It Record Directly On My Android Phone?
Any sound can be heard entering the mixer. You can also hear your voice through a microphone from the outputs. We recommend that you use the headphones output to hear your voice. Speakers will most likely cause feedback.
How Long Do Audio Mixers Last?
Audio mixers are expected to last between 3-5 years. They are able to return the money they invested. Audio mixers with a life expectancy of 5+ years are not considered obsolete. These mixers can last for a very long time, and they are easily scaleable to accommodate technological changes.
Is It Possible To Send The Recorded Audio From One Mic To Two Devices At Once And Listen To Both Of Those Devices At The Same Time?
Mixers are usually one-way, even this mixer. You can either record audio and send it to two devices or receive audio via one pair of headphones. However, it is not possible to simultaneously do them both. You would have to split the signals from both the microphone and devices into separate signal paths.
Why Are Audio Mixers So Expensive?
They are worth every penny for their quality, functionality, and reliability. Mixers for audio require much effort, labor and are time-consuming. A well-balanced transformer is a costly and time-consuming task. Audio mixers can be a good investment.
What Softwares Work Best With Audio Mixers?
It takes careful planning and consideration to find software that is reliable. The best softwares can be free or they can cost you money. Wondershare Filmore and Adobe Audition are our top picks.
Can You Get A Mixer With A USB Mic Input?
Professional mixers don't have either a USB input or interface. This is because USB mics don't have as strong a connection as 1/4" or XLR jacks. USB microphones are great options for those on a budget who need to connect directly to the computer. However, audio mixers have a greater capability. Some mixers include a USB interface.
Do I Need A Mixer If I Have An Audio Interface?
A mixer is a great addition to your purchase if you find that you need more audio inputs than your existing interface allows.
Does A Mixer Improve Sound Quality?
An audio mixer's primary purpose is to mix and match sounds, as well as alter the bass, middles, and treble. The sum of all the input channels can be merged to produce better sound. A mixer can optimize sound but also filter it. The mixer improves sound quality at the input.
What Is The Difference Between An Analog And USB Mixer?
A standalone analog mixer can mix audio from multiple sources. You can then output the audio to a PA system or speaker system. An USB mixer can do this same thing but also has an interface. You can also connect the USB mixer to your computer so you can record it in software.
best digital mixer for recording will be regularly updated to be included in additional data. Keep an eye around for any amendments made to our website.
Our consultants could support you with problems related to best digital mixer for recording and other things as well. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need advice.