The Best Internet Routers For 2023
1. Best Overall: TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router -Dual Band Wireless Internet Router
This router has been designed with the latest Wi-Fi standards and power-efficient functions to provide you with a reliable wireless router for all your devices. With two high-performance antennas on both bands, this router can offer up to 1300Mbps of wireless speed. Read Review
2. Runner Up: NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart Wi-Fi Router, R6700 - AC1750 Wireless Speed Up
Designed for serious streaming and seamless WiFi for up to 25 devices. This router has four high-speed 1G wired connections with gigabit ports so you won't have to worry about slow speeds on your home network. It also includes essential internet security and smart parental controls so you can keep your family safe online. Read Review
3. Best Connectivity: Tenda AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router High Speed Wireless Internet Router
Tenda AC1200 WiFi Router offers the high speed and stability you need for streaming HD videos, gaming, and more. With MU-Mimo Technology, high-speed dual-band internet works with all your devices. Powerful antennas give maximum signal coverage so you can enjoy a strong network. Read Review
4. Best Convenient: TP-Link AC1200 WiFi Router - Dual Band MUMIMO Wireless Internet Router
With the latest 802.11ac WiFi technology, AC1200 dual band router provides faster wireless speeds, wider coverage, and more stable connections. With TP-Link's new advanced security protocol WPA3, you can rest assured that your network is protected from hackers and unscrupulous users. Read Review
A good internet connection is important for everyone. You can’t check your social media accounts, stream videos, or listen to music without a stable connection. Luckily, most people now have access to high-speed internet connections from wired and wireless devices.
If you want the best internet experience possible, there are some specific things you should look for in your router. A good router will provide wireless network coverage throughout your home, offer multiple ports for connecting different devices and give you the speed you need to stream HD movies and play online games. Here we take a closer look at what makes a great router, how to choose one, and key features to look out for.
Our team had to focus on researching and sifting through many hours to get such results for readers. These studies are based on customer star reviews and interviews about their feelings when using the product. When it comes to finding the best internet routers, we believe TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router -Dual Band Wireless Internet Router is a worth product to buy. If you're looking for additional options and more in-depth advice, you may check out the following.
RELATED: Our top professionals have tested, examined, and ranked the 10 best wifi router for long range of 2023 for you. See our top picks here.
Our Top Picks
TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router -Dual Band Wireless Internet Router
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
- TP-Link tether app easily set up and remotely manage your home network
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a gaming router
- Integrated USB port acts as a media Server, easily share your USB drive content
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
- OneMesh Compatible Router- Form a seamless WiFi when work with TP-Link OneMesh WiFi Extenders
- USB connections: Share a storage drive or printer with any connected device or create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1 x 3.0 USB port
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming plus, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, and more
- NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls promotes healthy Internet habits, fosters responsibility and builds trust with your kids (30-day free trial included)
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more
- NETGEAR Armor protects your family's WiFi with an automatic shield of security across all your connected devices with a 30-day free trial
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more. System requirements: Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- Recommended for up to 25 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports
Tenda AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router High Speed Wireless Internet Router
- Dual-Band 2.4Ghz plus 5 Ghz: Get Lightning Quick Connections For All Your Wireless Devices By Upgrading To Tenda'S Enhanced 1200 Mbps High Speed Wi Fi Technology (300Mbps At 2. 4Ghz Plus 867Mbps At 5Ghz)
- Mu-Mimo Technology: More Users In The Network At The Same Time, Due To Advanced Mu-Mimo Technology, Even More Users Can Now Use The Network For Games, Streaming Or Data Transmissions At The Same Time. The Guest Network Also Benefits From Mu-Mimo Technology
- Antennas Maximum Signal Coverage: The Tenda Ac6 Is Equipped With Four Powerful 5Dbi Antennas, Delivering High Speed Internet Throughout Your Home And Provides Seamless Coverage For Up To 2000 Sq. Ft. Output: Dc 9V1A
- Powerful Belt Capacity: Link Up To 20 Wireless Devices Like Google Assistant, Alexa And Various Streaming Devices, Simultaneously, While Maintaining Optimum Network Conditions
TP-Link AC1200 WiFi Router - Dual Band MUMIMO Wireless Internet Router
- TP-Link OneMesh- A simple way to form a WiFi network with a single Wi-Fi name for seamless whole-home coverage by adding a OneMesh WiFi Extender
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
- Dual band router upgrades to 1200 Mbps high speed internet (300mbps for 2.4GHz + 900Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K stream
- Full Gigabit Ports - Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, ideal for any internet plan and allow you to directly connect your wired devices
- Boosted Coverage - Four external antennas equipped with Beamforming technology extend and concentrate the Wi-Fi signals
- Advanced Security with WPA3 - The latest Wi-Fi security protocol, WPA3, brings new capabilities to improve cybersecurity in personal networks
- MU-MIMO technology - (5GHz band) allows high speeds for multiple devices simultaneously
- Access Point Mode - Supports AP Mode to transform your wired connection into wireless network, an ideal wireless router for home
- 1 GigaHertz dual core CPU enables smart multitasking by dedicating separate lanes for Wi Fi and USB data; Network standard: IEEE 802; 11a, IEEE 802; 11B, IEEE 802; 11G, IEEE 802; 11N, IEEE 802; 11AC, IPv4, IPv6. Memory: 128 MB Flash; 256 MB RAM
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides multi stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data; Please refer the installation manual and the user manual before use which is highly essential; Dc output: 19 Volt with maximum 1; 75 a current; Guest network: 2; 4 GigaHertz x 3, 5 GigaHertz x 3
- Effortless router setup with the ASUSWRT web based interface; Dual band connectivity for compatibility and performance
- Dual band with the latest 802; 11 AC 3x3 technology for combined speeds of up to 1900 Mbps
- Monitor and manage your network with ease from your mobile device using the intuitive ASUS router app
- Works with all internet service providers, such as Comcast, Charter, AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
- Connect more devices: Wi-Fi 6 technology communicates more data to more devices simultaneously using revolutionary OFDMA technology
- Certified for Humans: Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple
- VPN Server and Client: Archer AX21 Supports both VPN Server and VPN Client (Open/PPTP/L2TP over Ipsec)
- Dual-Band WiFi 6 Internet Router: Wi-Fi 6(802.11ax) technology achieves faster speeds, greater capacity and reduced network congestion compared to the previous generation
- Next-Gen 1.8 Gbps Speeds: Enjoy smoother and more stable streaming, gaming, downloading and more with WiFi speeds up to 1.8 Gbps (1200 Mbps on 5 GHz band and 574 Mbps on 2.4 GHz band)
- Extensive Coverage: Achieve the strong, reliable WiFi coverage with Archer AX1800 as it focuses signal strength to your devices far away using Beamforming technology, 4 high-gain antennas and an advanced front-end module (FEM) chipset
ASUS AX5700 WiFi Router - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router
- True 2 Gbps wired and wireless speeds - Aggregated 2 Gbps WAN connections, wired 2.5 Gbps port and WiFi 6
- ASUS AiMesh support – Create a flexible, seamless whole-home mesh network with AiMesh-compatible routers
- Mobile Game Mode - Minimize lag and latency for mobile gaming with just a tap on the ASUS Router app
- Commercial-grade home network security – Lifetime free ASUS AiProtection Pro, powered by Trend Micro, with WPA3 and advanced Parental Controls to protect your home
- New-generation WiFi 6 - Enjoy ultrafast speeds up to 5700 Mbps with the latest WiFi 6 (802.11ax) and 160MHz channels
- Compatible with Alexa: Control your router via voice commands and make your life smarter and easier with Amazon Alexa
- Improved Battery Life: Target Wake Time helps your devices to communicate efficiently while consuming less power.
- Next-Gen Gigabit Wi-Fi 6 Speeds: 2402 Mbps on 5 GHz and 574 Mbps on 2.4 GHz bands ensure smoother streaming and faster downloads; support VPN server and VPN client¹
- Expanded Wi-Fi Coverage: 4 high-gain external antennas and Beamforming technology combine to extend strong, reliable, Wi-Fi throughout your home.
- A More Responsive Experience: Enjoy smooth gaming, video streaming, and live feeds simultaneously. OFDMA makes your Wi-Fi stronger by allowing multiple clients to share one band at the same time, cutting latency and jitter.²
- Works with all internet service providers such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, and more (A modem is required for most internet service providers).
- Improved Cooling Design: No heat ups, no throttles. A larger heat sink and redefined case design cools the WiFi 6 system and enables your network to stay at top speeds in more versatile environments.
- TP-Link HomeShield: TP-Link's premium security services keeps your home network safe with cutting-edge network and IoT protection. Free features: 1. Network Security Scan 2. Basic Parental Controls 3. QoS 4. Weekly/Monthly Reports 5. IoT Device Identification. HomeShield Pro paid service adds more robust protections and features for dollar 5.99 per Month, 1-Month Free Trial
- Ultra Connectivity: 1 × 2.5 Gbps WAN/LAN port + 1 × 1 Gbps WAN/LAN port + 3 × Gigabit LAN ports and 2 x USB ports ensure max flexibility and boosted throughput
- TP-Link HomeCare: Protect your network and connected devices with a free lifetime subscription to TP-Link HomeCare featuring next-level antivirus, robust parental controls, and QoS
- Powerful Processing: 1.5 GHz Quad-Core CPU ensures your network performance always at peak run
- Expansive Coverage: 8 detachable high-performance antennas, Beamforming, high-power FEM, 4T4R combine to deliver WiFi coverage up to a 4-bedroom house
- Game Accelerator: Detect and optimize gaming streams, to ensure your gaming stays immersive
- TP-Link OneMesh Supported: Flexibly Create Whole Home WiFi with Archer GX90 by adding a OneMesh supported Range Extender, like RE505X
- Game Band: Tri-Band structure provides a 4.8 Gbps Game Band exclusive for your gaming rigs and bings pure immersion. 4804 Mbps (5GHz, HE160) + 1201 Mbps (5GHz) + 574 Mbps (2.4GHz)
- More Devices with Less Lag: OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology deliver data to multiple devices, simultaneously
- Flexible Connectivity Options - 5X Gigabit Ethernet ports, 1X ultrafast USB 3.1 port and 1X USB 2.0 port
- Great Wi-Fi - Enjoy the combined dual-band speeds of up to 1900Mbps, 3X faster than 802.11n routers
- AiMesh Supported - Connect to other compatible ASUS routers to create a powerful and flexible whole-home Wi-Fi network
- Commercial-grade Security - AiProtection, powered by Trend Micro, blocks and neutralizes internet security threats for all your connected smart devices
- Ultrawide Coverage - High-performance antennas and ASUS AiRadar eliminate dead spots
What to Look For in a best internet routers?
The best internet routers is influenced by a multitude of factors, including all those stated below. Depending on the sort of product, the learning process differs. We'll be ready to aid you and propose solutions since we're here to support you.
It's necessary to remember the following factors before selecting best internet routers:
Multistreams and antennas can send and receive data faster than one. Imagine two trucks driving down the same road. They can deliver packages quicker than two trucks travelling down the same route. Virtually all wireless devices support two outgoing and one incoming streams. To be able to connect multiple Wi-Fi networks, you need a router that supports more than two streams on each band.
A router that has two transmit streams (and two receive streams) may work well for a smaller home. An 8x8 configuration is recommended for busy homes with many wireless devices.
If you are in an area with Gigabit internet, input is another problem. An older router could slow down your home and cause problems with your Gigabit internet connection. Some routers are capable of aggregating two inputs to provide faster connectivity.
You want a router capable of MU-MIMO. However, you also want to have as many streams available as possible for your wireless devices to communicate with it.
Although they are more affordable than dual-band routers, we recommend getting two 5GHz Wi-Fi band routers. If you own four computers that can support Wi-Fi 6, the NETGEAR Nighthawk RAX200 is ideal. Some models include a second 6GHz connection that offers even higher Wi-Fi speeds.
Dual-band routers generally have at least two antennas. Some are dedicated to the 5GHz band, while others go to 2.4GHz. Omnidirectional means they transmit signals in all directions, regardless of the position of their antennas. There are many configurations that look like droid heads in Star Wars movies, or flipped Tarantulas pointed at the sky.
The indoor range for the 2.4GHz band is 150ft, and the 50ft of the 5GHz band. Antennas focus more on signal quality and speed rather than invading neighbor's homes with Wi-Fi signals. If you have to send a Wi Fi signal to an area, you can purchase a high-gain antenna.
Speeds And Standards
Wi-Fi 6 is the latest standard for routers. It's also known as 802.11ax. This is faster and better suited to households that have many smart home devices. While there are many WiFi 6 routers on the market today, Wi-Fi 6e is a newer standard that uses a portion of the radio frequency.
RELATED: Enjoy the moment owning a most reliable wifi router! To help you find the best one for your needs, we compared models with price, type, features, and quality.
How Do I Set Up A Wi-Fi Router?To set up the router, you can plug it in using an Ethernet cable. Next, type the IP address of the router into your browser's URL bar. You can also use the app of your router to set up, and it usually takes between 5-10 minutes. You can access your router's settings and change your Wi Fi password using either method after setup.
What Makes Wi-Fi 6 Better Than Before?Wi-Fi 6 supports new Wi-Fi technologies that make data transfer faster and more efficient. Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM) is one of the most important upgrades. This trick allows your router to transmit radio waves other devices can interpret as a series or ones and zeroes. It's the binary code behind everything you read, see and experience online. Your router can send 10 bits of binary code per transmission with 1024-QAM, as opposed to the eight bits of binary sent by Wi-Fi 5 routers using 256-QAM. Wi-Fi 6 boasts top speeds up to 30% higher than the previous version.
OFDMA (or orthogonal frequency division multiple access) is another feature to be noted. This allows your router to transmit data to multiple clients through one channel, increasing network efficiency. To save fuel, think of it as a delivery man dropping multiple pizzas off to several customers at once. Target Wake Time allows the router to schedule devices that must check in periodically so they don't interfere with each other. It isn’t tied specifically to Wi-Fi 6 but most next-gen routers support WPA3, which is the latest Wi-Fi security standard.
Standard Routers Vs. Mesh Routers: Which Is Better?The standard router is one device you will typically put near your internet connection. Additional access points can be added wirelessly to mesh routers. These will again be located near your internet router.
Multiple access points can be used to bypass obstacles that could cause Wi-Fi dead zones, such as large appliances or concrete brick walls. Mesh routers improve reliability. Mesh routers aren't expected to deliver higher performance. In my testing, they didn't perform well relative to the price.
Do I Need To Change The Router SSID And Password?Your router's SSID (or Router Identification Number) is your unique identification number. Although every router has WPA2 security built in, you should always change the password and SSID of your router. Because every router may have the same default password, it could mean that you network is open to all.
It is recommended that you change your SSID password and SSID to protect it. This will help you eliminate all types of malicious attempts.
My Router Is Jammed- What Should I Do?Because the router is electronic, such events can happen anytime. This doesn't mean you should panic. You can simply reboot or restart your router if you encounter such issues. Just behind the router is a reset button. Hold this button for at least 10 seconds to turn on all the LED lights.
Your router will enter reset mode once it has done so. You must wait until all lights come on. You must also remember that any active settings changes will return to the default.
What Does A Wi-Fi Router Do?To send or receive web data, you must be connected to the modem. Your router allows this without requiring a wire. This is a fancy antenna that connects to your modem wirelessly over Wi-Fi. To connect to other devices, such as printers and remote storage servers at home via Wi-Fi networks within your area of residence, you can use the Wi-Fi network.
READ NEXT: The 10 Best Tablet 13 Inch Of 2023, Tested By Our Experts