The Best Landline Phone For Seniors In 2023
1. Best Overall: AT&T BL102-2 DECT 6.0 2-Handset Cordless Phone for Home
This cordless phone has built-in a full-duplex speakerphone on the handset allowing both ends to speak and be heard simultaneously, so conversations are more true to life. Also designed with useful features like Audio Assit, which helps your daily communications enjoyable.
2. Best Bang For The Buck: Panasonic Link2Cell Bluetooth Cordless Phone System
Panasonic Link2Cell Phone System offers a whole home wireless coverage and less interference from other electronics, ideal for homes and apartments with thick walls. It is the perfect family phone system for everyone in the home to use and includes an easy-to-use caller ID feature.
3. Best Easy Setup: AT&T DL72319 DECT 6.0 3-Handset Cordless Phone for Home
The AT&T DL72319 Cordless Phone offers a virtual multi-line operation, so you can connect a cellular line and landline to your cordless system. With DECT 6.0 technology, this cordless phone delivers superior voice quality and interference-free sound. To make and receive calls on two lines at once, simply use the handsets in the different rooms of your home.
4. Best Compact: Corded Phones for Landline - Premium Landline Phone for Seniors
The ISoHo corded home phones make it easier to hear the person on the other end with the innovative targeted voice amplifier microphone. This unique feature helps to amplify softer voices so that you can feel more connected with your important conversations!
There are so many different cell phone plans, online voice services, and smartphone alternatives these days that most older people don’t even own a landline phone anymore. If this sounds like you, you’ll need a reliable phone that can take your daily life's pressures wherever you go. In this article, we will be exploring some of the best phones for seniors.
Whether your loved one is getting older or if they have an adult child who is looking after them, having an older person in your life shouldn’t make things more complicated than they already are. After reading this guide, you will learn everything you need to know about buying the best landline phone for seniors and why it should be your first choice over all similar models.
Before making our recommendations, our specialists spend substantial time researching and analyzing your requirements. Then we found the AT&T BL102-2 DECT 6.0 2-Handset Cordless Phone for Home with a full-duplex speakerphone is the most excellent choice for its high-quality performance. If you're looking for another one, consider Panasonic Link2Cell Bluetooth Cordless Phone System.
RELATED: Looking to buy correct best landline phones? We cover all use cases. Compare quality, prices, and customer reviews to find the best one for you.
Our Top Picks
- HANDSET SPEAKERPHONE, AUDIO ASSIST, INTERCOM This cordless system has built-in a full-duplex speakerphone on handset allowing both ends to speak - and be heard - at the same time for conversations that are more true to life. Also designed with useful features like Audio Assit, handset intercom to help your daily communications enjoyable.
- LARGE 2-INCH SCREEN, BIG TEXT, LIGHTED KEY PAD High-contrast text on the extra-large 2 inch screen makes it easy to read incoming caller ID or call history records. Plus, the enlarged font and extra-large and lighted handset keypad allows for easy dialing in low-light conditions. This feature is especially helpful for those who are visually impaired.
- SMART CALL BLOCKER & CALLER ID ANNOUNCE Say goodbye to unwanted calls. Robocalls on your landline are automatically blocked from ever ringing through - even the first time. You can also permanently blacklist any number you want with one touch on the delicated key on the handset. The call block directory can store up to 1,000 name and number entries. Plus, the handset announces the name of the caller, so you can decide on answer the call or block it - screening call is never easier.
- EXPANDABLE TO 5 HANDSET Easily add accessory handsets (use BL102-0 model) up to 5 total, with just one phone jack.
- UNSURPASSED RANGE & ANSWERING SYSTEM Experience the best in long-range coverage and clarity, provided by a unique antenna design and advances in noise-filtering technology. This reliable cordless system includes a digital answering machine that can record up to 22 minutes of incoming messages, outgoing announcements and memos, and a voice-guide for easier set up.
Best Bang For The Buck
Panasonic Link2Cell Bluetooth Cordless Phone System
- Interference-Free, Secure Phone Signal: DECT 6.0 wireless technology for whole home coverage and less interference from other electronics; ideal for homes and apartments with thick walls
- More Features to Enjoy: Handset to handset intercom and baby monitor function, battery back-up for up to 12-hr talk time when the power goes out, 3000-entry phone book, and more
- Bi-Lingual Talking Caller ID and Smart Call Blocker: Talking caller ID announces caller information in English or Spanish; block unwanted calls with the push of a button on telephone handset or main base unit
- Expandable Panasonic Cordless Phone with Answering Machine: 5-handset home phone system with added features to keep you connected; Digital Answering Machine stores 18-min of messages
- Bluetooth Phone Connects to Cell and Voice Assistants: Make and receive calls from your cellular device with Link2Cell pairing up to 2 cell phones; connect handsets to Siri, Google Now and S Voice through Voice Assist feature
- Virtual multi-line operation - Connect a cellular line and landline to your cordless system. Then, enjoy the freedom to make and receive calls on two lines—all at once.
- Connect to Cell - Make and receive calls from your cellular plan while enjoying the comforts of a home phone. Pair up to 2 cell phones and connect 2 cell phones. Or one cell phone and one Bluetooth headset for use with landline calls.
- Expandable up to 5 handsets uses DL70019 accessory handset (sold separately)
- Digital Answering System with voice guide - With up to 22 minutes of recording time. Talking prompts walk you through the setup of your new phone's digital answering system. Lighted display indicates how many new messages you have waiting.
- Long Range - Experience the best in long-range coverage and clarity, provided by a unique antenna design and advances in noise-filtering technology.
- 1.8" white backlit dislpay and big buttons - High-contrast makes it easy to read incoming caller ID or call history records. Plus, the big handset keypad allows for easy dialing in low-light conditions.
- Smart Call Blocker - Say goodbye to unwanted calls. Robocalls on your landline are automatically blocked from ever ringing through—even the first time. Up to 1,000 name and number call-block directory.
- Simulated full-duplex handset speakerphone - Enjoy a speakerphone that can keep up with your calls. Increase participation by allowing both ends to speak—and be heard—at the same time for conversations that are more true to life.
- ★ THE BEST LANDLINE PHONE FOR SENIORS! We thoughtfully created every aspect of our iSoHo Phones to make it easier for seniors to talk with friends and family! Our corded home phones makes it easier to hear the person on the other end with the innovative targeted voice amplifier microphone. This unique feature helps to amplify softer voices so that you can feel more connected with your important conversations!
- ★ AVAILABLE IN 7 POPULAR COLORS— This improved version of the vintage 1965 Princess Phone is available in 7 beautiful colors. Choose the right telephone to match your preference and home style. This popular phone comes in Black, Pink, White, Cream, Red, Mint Green, and Blue. And our phones don’t require AC power. Just use the supplied phone cables to get a dial tone when plugged into an rj11 jack.
- ★ GREAT GIFT IDEA FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED! If you know someone with a hearing impairment, our iSoHo Phones provide a great solution for a better calling experience! We include the phone cables and wall mount to use this retro phone on a desk or on any wall in your home. Great for kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms, offices, and more! Click the yellow “Add to Cart” button today to give the gift of better connection
- ★ 1 YEAR HIGHEST QUALITY PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE! Our #1 goal is to make it easier for you to stay in touch with your loved ones. We designed our lightweight and durable phone to be easy to hold, simple to dial, and even easier to hear your loved ones voices. If you aren’t completely satisfied with your experience using our iSoHo Phones, we will make it right with a replacement. Thank you for choosing iSoHo Phones!
- ★ EASY TO USE WITH X-LARGE BUTTONS: Now you can call your loved ones with ease using our landline home analog phones! Unlike other phones that have tiny buttons that are hard to see and even harder to dial, we created our landline phones with a premium keypad with extra large buttons. Plus, the big buttons are backlit for increased visibility day or night! And the optional ring alert strobe light makes it simple to see when a call is coming in.
Best Easy To Use
VTech SN5127 Amplified Cordless Senior Phone with Answering Machine
- Big buttons, large display: oversized buttons and an easy-to-read display screen make the system Super easy and comfortable to use.
- Photo dial: never forget whose number is whose. Program four frequently dialed Phone numbers and attach a photo to each one for convenient speed dialing.
- 90Db ringer volume: The extra-loud ringer makes it easy to hear incoming calls throughout your home.
- 50Db audio assist: temporarily increases overall volume by up to 50Db and enhances Sound frequencies that make speech easier to understand.1, 000 Name and number smart call Block directory
- Note: The buttons are white color not orange as the image represents the orange color due to the visual ringers that light up when receiving a phone call
- 50dB Audio Assist: Temporarily increases overall volume by up to 50dB and enhances sound frequencies that make speech easier to understand.
- Big buttons, large display: Oversized buttons and an easy-to-read display screen make the system super easy and comfortable to use.
- 90dB ringer volume: The extra-loud ringer makes it easy to hear incoming calls throughout your home.
- Smart call blocker: Say goodbye to unwanted calls. Robocalls on your landline are automatically blocked from ever ringing through—even the first time. You can also permanently blacklist up to 1,000 numbers with one touch.
- Photo dial: Never forget whose number is whose. Program eight frequently dialed phone numbers and attach a photo to each one for convenient speed dialing.
- Speed dial memory function - Easy to call out
- Large buttons - Easy to press and easy to see
- Amplified sound - Adjustable volume of handset, speakerphone and ringer
- Simple and Convenient – Picture phones for seniors, choose the office or house phone with intuitive controls and persistent operation. Your large button phones for seniors is powered off of the phone line and isn’t dependent on electrical power mains.
- A Ring That Roars – In addition to the phone large buttons, hear the phone ring at 85 db—that’s about as loud as a lawn mower! Your alzheimer's phones for hearing impaired folks is designed to cut through noise and ring over high thresholds of hearing.
- A Thousand Words – Load each speed dial button with a portrait photo to set up your giant button phone for visual and memory assistance. Dial with 1 touch to reach friends, family, and medical professionals. Perfect large phone for elderly.
- Assistive Life Line – Make phone calls easier, whether you have visual, auditory, or memory impairment. Your corded landline phones for seniors has big buttons, loud volume, and simple functionality to meet many needs. It is ideal as a alzheimers telephone, home phones for seniors or geriatric phone.
- Here to Help – Count on us for assistive senior phones big picture buttons that make life easier and bring you a sense of security. Your amplified, simple phone for seniors is backed by our commitment to your satisfaction.
- LOUD PHONE FOR HEARING IMPAIRED SENIORS - Our senior phone for elderly reaches 40db in handset volume. The handset includes a hi / low switch in which you can choose either 30db or 40db in volume. This is the normal range for most hearing impaired phones for elderly made for those who struggle with hearing impairment. Some seniors may have a severe situation and will need a corded phone that is built with higher db ranges. This is the exception for these house phones for seniors
- MEMORY DIALING - Our large button phones for seniors includes 3 photo memory telephone buttons which are one touch speed dial, and also includes 2 additional one touch buttons M1 and M2 along with 10 other keys (0-9) that are one touch optional also making this a great dial phone for kids to call parents. Our landline phones for seniors make it very easy to program up to 15 memory buttons with emergency contacts to contact family or 911 with ease. Don't worry, 911 key is reprogrammable.
- READ BEFORE PURCHASING - These Telephones for Seniors are corded phones for landline use and were primarily made for the elderly. This phone does not include caller id or voicemail. This corded telephone is a desktop phone and is wall mountable. This phone works great when connected to a Cable TV / Internet modem but is not a SIP VOIP phone. This phone includes an extra long 12' cord. This landline phone for seniors includes a hands free speakerphone with volume control for elderly.
- LARGE BUTTON PHONE FOR VISUALLY IMPAIRED SENIORS - Simple telephones for seniors are made with the convenience of senior citizens in mind and designed as an easy phone for seniors to operate and use. Its buttons are extra large for easy pressing and identification for those with limited eyesight. When the phone is ringing the red indicator light flashes. The Future Call FC-2804 large button phones for seniors brings comfort to those with limited eye site and aids them in their later years.
- TELEPHONE NUMBER STORAGE PROTECTION - These simple home phones for seniors come with a safe proof. After programing your picture phone buttons and your memory buttons, simply switch the STORE button, on the back of the phone, into the OFF position and nobody can accidentally program an undesired number. Simply switch it back into the ON position and resume programming. This house phone for seniors is powered by the landline and will keep your previously stored numbers safe during a power outage.
- Understand every word, every time more clearly with Slow Talk to slow the speed of speech in real time and when checking voice messages
- Hear calls from noisy places with Noise Reduction to suppress background noise interference for clearer, more comfortable conversation
- Includes Power Backup, Speakerphone, Talking Caller ID, Talking Keypad and Phonebook, 9 Speed Dials, 250-number Call Block, Intercom, Accessories, and Expandable to 6 handsets
- Hear and be heard, loud and clear with Volume Boost control for amplified caller voice volume up to 40 dB, includes six voice Tone Settings and a loud base unit Ringer
- Big white backlit LCD, enlarged Touch Dial Keys and controls, plus bright red LED visual ringers on base unit and handset enhance visibility and calling convenience
Which Characteristics To Consider On Selecting best landline phone for seniors For 2023?
To make a practical purchase, you guys need to be aware of best landline phone for seniors ultimately. Several key factors must be taken into account and evaluated. Of course, there are some challenges for you during the process of studying products. So we are available here to provide you with comprehensive advice and support.
Thanks to the evaluation supported by high technology, we have come up with some significant features for you to go through. Let’s check it below!
Ease Of Use
Number Of Phone Lines
Corded / Cordless
Corded Office Phone - This corded phone can be used for both static calls and voice conversations. This is a permanent telephone system with a cord that connects the receiver to its phone system. Although corded phones can be very affordable, some models may not work in an outage.
The cordless phone allows users to easily move around the office while still enjoying excellent sound quality. To make sure you get the best out of cordless, these must be charged.
Do I Need A Hands-free Phone?
Modern office work has made mobile working a necessity. It allows you to quickly take notes, communicate passionately, and even sell stocks on the go. Nearly all modern digital phones allow voice or hands-free activation.
What Other Phone System Costs Are There?
Apart from your handset, budgeting for initial costs and line rental (paying for internet access to make VoIP calls) is important. Also, plan for expansion expenses for your company.
Can You Use A VoIP Phone As A Regular Phone?
There are two types of phones: analog and IP. Today's VoIP phones use IP phones. The phones can be connected directly to your router, and you can make and receive calls right away.
An adapter is required to allow an analog phone to be used with most of the VoIP systems today.
Do Office Phones Have The Ability To Create Automated Answering?
Many office phones include an automatic attendant that will answer any incoming call. If you do not want to be missed, this is an option. The features of your phone may allow the attendant to route calls to specific extensions, or record voice messages. An auto attendant can make a small business seem bigger to callers.
Do I Need An Office Phone That Can Handle Multiple Incoming Lines?
Some offices can take care of multiple incoming calls at the same time. It is an excellent feature that can be used by small offices as it prevents you from missing any calls. This saves money as other office phones use only one line. To determine the number of lines you need for your office, assess how busy your office gets.
Does VoIP Work With All Office Phones?
It is generally true that VoIP is an integral part of every digital phone system. You can purchase VoIP software for your smartphone or tablet to access call data and call forwarding.
How Do You Set Up A Small Business Phone System?
The ease of setting up business telephone systems today is a huge advantage. An online portal allows you to manage VoIP systems. The portal allows administrators to log in and assign extensions and business numbers, create new users and delete existing users. Administrators also have the ability to turn on and off features for specific users. This portal can be accessed from any computer with an Internet connection.