The 10 Best New Record Players, Tested And Researched
1. Best Overall: Victrola Vintage 3-Speed Bluetooth Portable Suitcase Record Player
The Victrola Vintage 3-Speed Bluetooth Portable Suitcase Record Player is housed in a vintage suitcase with an easy carry handle, giving you the ultimate flexibility to listen to music where you want and how you want. Read Review
2. Best Bang For The Buck: Record Player Turntable Wireless Portable LP Phonograph
The Record Player Turntable Wireless Portable LP Phonograph: a combination of vintage and fashion. Not only can it play vinyl records to experience the retro-style music and atmosphere, but you can also play all your favorite modern music at any time wirelessly. Read Review
3. Best Portable: Vinyl Record Player Wireless Turntable with USB Belt-Driven
The vinyl record player is a perfect way to enjoy old-fashioned, analogue music. The built in stereo speakers mean that you can play your music over the wireless Bluetooth connection, or through the built in USB port. Read Review
4. Best Turntable: Record Player Turntable Vinyl Record Player with Speakers Turntables
The turntable base is equipped with a spring to provide shock absorption and improve sound quality. If you need a replacement stylus needle/removable dust cover/suitable power adapter/RCA line. Read Review
If the music world were a high school, record players would be awkward kids sitting alone in the corner. While streaming services such as Spotify, Pandora, and Apple Music continue gaining users (the former two currently boast over 200 million subscribers combined), vinyl record sales are soaring again. The medium is not only making a comeback, but it’s also more popular than ever before. New record players are helping drive this resurgence.
These new devices make listening to your favourite albums feel like a unique experience all over again, and they’re also affordable enough for even the most cash-strapped music lover. Whether you’re looking for something high-end or something that won’t break the bank, we’ve covered you with our list of the best new record players on the market today.
Following extensive study and analysis, we've come up with the Victrola Vintage 3-Speed Bluetooth Portable Suitcase Record Player, which we hope will meet your demands thanks to its retro and contemporary design blend. However, it is not the only thing on our list. We also show a complete buyer's guide, and several options are available to help you find the most suitable.
RELATED: Our specialists have compiled 10 best turntable needle on the market in 2023 that will satisfy both your demands and your budget.
Our Top Picks
- ALL THE CONTROLS YOU NEED - Features an Input select knob, Power/Volume Knob & an Auto stop switch that stops spinning records once the record is finished playing.
- A RECORD PLAYER THAT SUITS YOUR PERSONALITY - Combined with Victrola’s unparalleled sound quality and exquisite craftsmanship, and a wide range of styles, patterns and colors to choose from, get ready to create lifelong music memories
- EXPANDED CONNECTION OPTIONS - Stream smartphone audio through the turntable’s built-in Bluetooth speakers. Easily connect external speakers via the stereo RCA outputs, or use the Line input for non-Bluetooth devices like a CD player. For personal listening, connect your headphones to the headphone jack.
- THREE SPEED BELT-DRIVEN TURNTABLE - This 3-speed (33 1/3, 45, 78 rpm) suitcase record player features UPGRADED PREMIUM SOUND QUALITY and sits on sound isolating feet that prevent vibration. It is perfect for your living room, bedroom or office.
- TAKE YOUR TUNES ANYWHERE - Housed in a vintage suitcase with an easy carry handle, Victrola's blend of retro and contemporary design give you the ultimate flexibility to listen to music where you want and how you want – a great choice for vinyl lovers. Clean only with a dry cloth
- NO STEREO SYSTEM OR EXTRA EQUIPMENT REQUIRED. Get it up and running in minutes. Retro looks combined with the convenience of modern technology makes this affordable record player ideal for beginners & vintage enthusiasts
Best Bang For The Buck
Record Player Turntable Wireless Portable LP Phonograph
- ✅【Back to the classics music】: Enjoy superior sound thanks to the belt drive, for less vibration. Listen to the genuine classic sound.
- ✅【Superior record player】：Music can heal your mind, relieve your temporary sorrow and bring you the sense of security. Is a combination of vintage and fashion. Not only can play vinyl records to experience the retro-style music and atmosphere, you can also play all your favorite modern music at any time via Wirelessly.
- ✅【Special Process】：The turntable base is equipped with a spring to provide shock absorption and improve sound quality.
- ✅【The best gift】:It creates a warm atmosphere when family gatherings. When you are alone, it can help you relax. Even if you don't use it, it can be one of the home's premium decorations. As a gift, it also allows the recipient to feel your heart.
- ✅【3-speeds & 3-sizes of records】：Support for adjusting three listening speeds（33-1/3, 45 and 78 RPM） and playing three sizes （7'', 10'' and 12''） of records, let you enjoy your entire record collection.
- 【Respond】24 hours one-on-one respond, any questions about our LP player,please feel free to contact us
- 【Turntable & Belt-driven Shock Absorption】Turntable base equipped with spring and belt-driven design greatly absorb the shock, provide you a quality and smooth music
- 【Vintage & Fashion Combination】Made of vintage wooden,combined with modern fashion technology, allows you enjoying retro-style music by vinyl records or digital music with wireless tech.Removable dust cover keeps your record player clean and new
- 【Bluetooth Input & USB Connect & RCA line-out】Built in stereo speakers,with Bluetooth wireless technology,elegantly listen to your music in your phone.Use USB function to directly play music. For better or louder sound, connect external speaker via RCA cable
- 【 3 Speed &3 Sizes Record】Support 3 listening speeds (33-1/3, 45 and 78 RPM) and 3 sizes of record (7'', 10'' and 12''), enjoy your relaxing time with this LP turntable record player
Record Player Turntable Vinyl Record Player with Speakers Turntables
- 【Portable&Lightweight】Wirelessly play music from your phone, you can take it anywhere, enjoy your life. Great ideal for Christmas Day, Father, Mother, and friends.
- 【3 Speed&Easy to Use】Simple Setup and operation. Great ideal for a beginner. Three-speed Turntable (33, 45, 78 RPM) plays all of your 7" 10" 12" vinyl records and favorite Albums.
- 【Multi-function Phonograph】Wireless turntable LP player built-in stereo speaker and 3.5mm aux-in for playing music from any speaker device, RCA aux-in, and headphone jack.
- 【Special Process&Seller Support】The turntable base is equipped with a spring to provide shock absorption and improve sound quality. If you need a replacement stylus needle/removable dust cover/suitable power adapter/RCA line, please feel free to contact us.
- 【Naturally Retro&Vintage Design】Natural retro design with removable protective dust cover and easy to use multiple connections panel. This turntable record player is stylish yet rustic, there is a removable cover on the top to protect vinyl and turntable plat, don’t worry about the dust.
Best Audio Performance
Audio-Technica AT-LP60XBT-BK Fully Automatic Bluetooth Belt-Drive
- Power Source Type DC. Motor: DC servo-controlled
- Fully automatic operation with two speeds 33-1/3 and 45 RPM
- Anti-resonance die-cast aluminum platter
- Output Wattage 3 00
- High-fidelity audio with Bluetooth wireless technology
- Included Components Turntable Detachable RCA output cable (3 5 mm male to dual RCA male) 45 RPM adapter Removable hinged dust cover
- Compatible with aptX codec
- Connects wirelessly to speakers and other devices equipped with Bluetooth wireless technology or to wired audio systems and powered speakers via included dual RCA output cable
Record Player with Speakers Bluetooth Turntable with FM Stereo Radio
- √〖Stable Bluetooth Connection〗built-in Bluetooth receiver function is able to play all of your favourite music from phone/tablet or other enabled device wirelessly.
- √〖Great Gift of Choice〗Listening to old and new vinyl records which combines classic old times and modern style, perfect for bringing them back and enriching their life!
- √〖FM Stereo Radio with Clear Channel Screen〗provide a wealth of radio programs. It is the best choice of hearing what’s around you. Warm tips: there is a built-in FM wire antenna hanging at the rear cabinet, it should be totally unraveled and extended for best reception.
- √〖Built-in Stereo Speakers〗 our turntable is equipped with spring to reduce shock absorption, so the sound quality is great to playing vinyl records. Great beginner turntable, just plug in and go. It also support audio RCA output, you can connect to it through audio RCA cable to get better sound.
- √〖3-Speed turntable with Auto-stop Switch〗support 33/45/78 RPM playing speeds with 3-size of 7/10/12 inch vinyl records. When auto-stop turns on, it will stop automatically at the end of record.
- Included components: Crosley CR704B-WA Musician Entertainment Center, Power Cord, User Manual
- Belt driven turntable plays 3 speeds: 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM records
- CD player, side-mounted Cassette Deck, and AM/FM radio with airplane tuning dial with an upgraded faceplate
- Full range stereo speakers
- Built-in Bluetooth receiver lets you stream your music wirelessly to the full-range stereo speakers
- Portable audio ready - simply plug in your smartphone or MP3 player
- Power source type: Corded Electric
- ♬【Vinyl-to-MP3 Recording】Playing vinyl records usually renders a much fuller spectrum of sounds, ranges and rhythms than people who have only listened to compressed digitized music. It sounds more full, real and live. With the enclosed software you can also record WAV/ MP3 audio from a vinyl record for later playback on your computer and mobile devices.
- ♬【3-Speeds Turntable】Support 3-Sizes of 7/10/12 inch vinyl record and 3-Speeds of 33/45/78 RMP playing speeds. You will love this belt driven turntable to play all of your 3-sizesvinyl records from today and yesterday and have an enjoyable experience to share your old records with your kids/ parents/ grandparents/ friends.
- ♬【Modern Design & Vintage Experience】White fresh design, suits better for modern home decoration, while vintage music experience brings you infinite beautiful memories of the old times. The briefcase design makes it easy for moving, you can take it anywhere, enjoy your life. Great ideal for Christmas Day, Father, Mother, and friends.
- ♬【Bluetooth Record Player】Built in Bluetooth receiver, wirelessly play your phone music. You can stream your iTunes through the record player over the Bluetooth connection. The RCA 2 channel connection on the back of the record player, allows you to hook it up to your external stereo system/ bigger speakers/Amplifier.
- ♬【Rechargeable Battery】The record player comes with a built-in 2100 mAH rechargeable lithium battery（up to 5 hours play） + built-in BT speakers + RCA output + Headphone jack + Aux in.
- 🎻[All In One Turntable]: 3 speed 33, 45 & 78 RPM for 7", 10" & 12" vinyl records, 45RPM adaptor included. Use one record player whether you want to listen to new records or old classic records;
- 🎁[More Practical Features]: Fitted with Aux & RCA jacks, the turntable provides optional ways to connect the phone and external speakers. Removable hinged dust cover protects your vinyl records when not in use；
- 🎶[Wireless Bluetooth Technology]: Connected the the record player with phone/tablet, users can play and control more kinds of music freely even without vinyl records;
- 💿[Vintage is back on the Stage]: Solid wood appearance makes this record player retro sense and fashion sense coexist, illustrate the extraordinary taste;
- 🔊 [2 Built-in Full Range Stereo Speakers]: Unique Anti-Resonance Design via 3 elastic plugs planted under the platter to minimize vibration. Produce the sound crisp and warm with stunning clarity;
- Perfect playback using the balanced aluminum S-Type tonearm ensures the stylus is rested deep in your record's groove, producing every audio detail indistinguishable from the original recording
- Each turntable is beautifully crafted with thick, engineered wood, incorporating isolation feet & an aluminum platter which results in superior isolation from unwanted vibrations
- High performance Audio Technica cartridge produces outstanding clarity. The diamond tipped stylus is designed to track your record grooves with precision & accuracy for high definition audio
- Premium components allow this high fidelity belt driven turntable to produce a pure analog listening experience that recreates the performance the way the artist intended
- Captivating signal clarity is produced with a high quality Texas Instruments preamp, ground terminal and gold plated RCA line outputs that ensures warm, true sound
What to Look For in a best new record players?
Looking for the best new record players requires consideration of many criteria. Product learning varies in type, feature, and customer ranking. Overall, it comes with several difficulties in buying. So, we are available to support you occasionally.
It is beneficial for you to have a closer look at the things below to evaluate and then choose which one is suitable:
Styluses And Cartridges
The stylus, or "needle", is what sits inside the grooves of the record. It is crucial to choose the right shape for the stylus. An elliptical stylus will pick up more information than one that has a conical surface because it touches more records. Audiophiles also believe that conical styluses work better with old records because they take up more space after the groove has been expanded through repeated plays.
The stylus is held in the cartridge, which converts its movements into electric signals. The most popular cartridge types are moving magnet (MM), and moving coil (MC). Most turntables will use MM cartridges because they areer and more convenient to change needles. However, MC cartridges can be lighter and pick up more groove changes than MM cartridges. They are also more costly.
Some turntables come with switchable preamps that can be switched on and off depending on the plugging device.
Models with direct drive motors are mounted beneath the platter. In a belt drive, the motor is attached to one end by a rubber belt. The turntable can be spun at higher speeds and is compacted by direct drives. Belt models, on the other hand, isolate any extra noise from the motor.
Adjusting the track force can be delicate, but this is worth it to improve sound quality. You also have a lower chance of damaging your records by too much downward force.
Adjusting the counterweight at the back of your tonearm can change the tracking force. First, balance the tonearm horizontally. Next, twist the counterweight to get the right downforce (as indicated in the instruction).
The extra electric signals along the tonearm and the mechanical movement are what audio purists believe affect the sound. Full-auto, however, is the best option if you don't want to have to stand up for half an hour every time.
Can You Connect A Turntable Directly To Speakers?It all depends on whether the connectors in your device can accommodate your speakers. Most of them will. It shouldn't be a problem connecting your turntable and its speakers.
Is It Bad To Leave A Record On The Turntable?It is. It is a habit that even certified audiophiles sometimes forget to put their records in their jackets, but it's important to always do this.
Your record will be more likely to get damaged or dirty if it is not kept out in the open. You're guilty of this habit, but at the very least you should not forget to close the dust cover.
How To Make The Turntable Louder?If the phonostage isn't connected correctly or not properly, your turntable might play slowly. A properly sized, wired and connected phonostage is the best way to unlock your turntable's potential.
What’s An Automatic Turntable?A turntable that is automatic uses a combination of automatic features and a tonearm to lift itself from its resting place and position itself above your record for playback. After the track has finished, the device will automatically lift from its resting place and go back to the original position.
This is a preferred method by some users as it reduces the amount of effort required to stop and play your turntable. However, this does not mean you can't manually lift the tonearm. It's still possible.
Do I Need A Preamp For My Turntable?Both yes and no. A preamp is necessary for every turntable to convert its sounds into something your record player can hear, as well as other audio devices.
Because most turntables have their preamp built in, it's not necessary. If this is the case then you don't need a separate preamp.
However, we understand that not everyone wants to improve their sound and decide to purchase a preamp separately. For more information, if you are one of these people, please see our next question.
How Many Times Can You Listen To A Vinyl Record?The vinyl record is a great resource for work. The record can be listened to over 100 times with no loss of sound quality.
What Makes One Turntable Sound Better Than Another?You need to take into account many factors. The quality of both the stylus and cartridge is important. Some turntables simply have more features, which allow for better accuracy and less vibration.
READ NEXT: The Modern Vinyl Record Players For 2023