The Best Phone Systems For Small Business In 2023
1. Best Overall: AT&T ML17929 2-Line Corded Telephone, Black
AT&T ML17929 2-Line Corded Telephone features a streamlined design with a stylish, sleek look. It offers the flexibility for your home or business. This corded phone features easy-to-read dialing numbers and 18 speed dials for your most frequently dialed or emergency numbers. DSL subscribers may need to use a DSL filter.
2. Best Bang For The Buck: VTech AM18447 Main Console 4-Line Expandable Small Business Phone
This VTech AM18447 Main Console 4-Line Expandable Small Business Phone System is a versatile phone system that fits the needs of small businesses and home offices. With the ability to expand up to 10 total stations, this system allows you to grow into a fully featured telephone system with anywhere from one to ten stations.
3. Best Convenient: Panasonic 2-Line Corded/Cordless Phone System with 2 Handsets
Panasonic's DECT 6.0 wireless technology offers a long-range cordless phone and is ideal for homes, home offices, and apartments with thick walls. This Panasonic phone is also equipped with a 1.8-inch LCD for easy reading of incoming calls and text messages, as well as a 103x65 pixel resolution.
4. Best Easy Setup: AT&T TL86103 2-Line Corded/Cordless for Small Business
With the new AT&T TL86103 Cordless Phone, now you can have a business-grade phone at home with your mobile service. With its Bluetooth-enabled technology, you can connect to your mobile phone with BLUETOOTH technology and enjoy the convenience of making and receiving calls from your cellular plan and landline while enjoying the comforts of a home phone system.
Do you run a small business? Are you looking for ways to improve your operations and boost profits? Does your small company need more than just one phone line? If yes, read on. You might not know it yet, but having a landline and an office space is no longer enough to operate a small business success in the digital era.
Today, businesses need reliable communications systems that can support remote workers and allow them to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders. That’s why we’re going to look at the best phone systems for small businesses in this article. Whether you operate as a sole proprietor or have other employees that require access to the system, these solutions will help you get the most out of your operation.
Getting the results, you will read next is thanks to the hard work of our team during 17 hours of product research and analysis. Consequently, we identified our AT&T ML17929 2-Line Corded Telephone, Black with 2-line operation as the top model for this year. The performance of this product is of an excellent standard, and it offers a complete set of features that can satisfy your requirements.
RELATED: Stay connected with your loved ones with the best landline phone for seniors. Our top picks offer clear sound quality, easy-to-use features, and hearing aid compatibility.
Our Top Picks
- 99 Name/Number Caller ID History
- 2-line operation offers flexibility for your home or business
- 18-number speed dial for your most frequently dialed or emergency numbers, DSL Subscribers may need to use a DSL Filter. Please refer the User Manual & the Quick Start Guide before use.
- 3-party conferencing for quick remote meetings
- Built-in speakerphone lets you multitask as you talk.
- DSL Subscribers may need to us a DSL Filter. Please refer the User Manual & the Quick Start Guide before use.
- 2-Line Operation, Caller ID/Call Waiting
- 18 Number Speed Dial, 100 Name/Number Phonebook Directory
- Caller ID/Call Waiting lets you know who's calling. Features a 99 name/number Caller ID history for easy scrolling and callbacks. Service required from your local phone company
- 100 name/number phonebook keeps your contacts handy, Includes selectable ringer tones for each line .
Best Bang For The Buck
VTech AM18447 Main Console 4-Line Expandable Small Business Phone
- Expandable up to 10 total stations (1 console and 9 desksets or handsets): allows you to grow into a fully featured telephone system with anywhere from one to 10 stations.
- Auto Attendant on each line answers calls, provides the company directory, forwards calls to specified extensions, and enables callers to record voice messages when there is no answer.
- Connectivity technology: RJ11
- Digital Answering system: digitally records up to 180 shared minutes of incoming messages, outgoing announcements, and memos.
- Simple installation: Connect the Main console to analog Phone lines and the handsets/desksets wirelessly Connect to the system. Install an entire Office in minutes without Professional assistance!
- Customizable music on hold: includes a 2. 5mm jack for connecting music devices like MP3 players, Boom boxes, tablets or smartphones.
- SECURE LONG RANGE PHONE SIGNAL : DECT 6.0 wireless technology offers a long range cordless phone and is ideal for homes, home office and apartments with thick walls.LCD:1.8 inch, FullDot Monochrome, 103x65 pixels
- 3 WAY PHONE CONFERENCING : Conduct conversations simultaneously from your phone and 2 other phones; Conference hands free with high quality speakers in the phone's base unit and cordless handsets
- LINK2CELL BLUETOOTH ENABLED Link up to four smartphones via Bluetooth to make and receive Cell/smartphone calls anywhere in the house or office with Link2Cell cordless handsets
- ENHANCED CORDLESS PHONE SOUND QUALITY : Noise Reduction automatically suppresses background interference while enhancing voice tones for clearer conversation on the base unit & cordless handsets; Standby Time Up to 7 days; Talk Time Up to 15 hours
- CALL WITH OUTLOOK : Connect your phone to your business or home office PC via USB to make outgoing calls to your Outlook contacts, plus receive incoming calls with a single click
- Connect-To-Cell - By connecting to your mobile phone with BLUETOOTH-enabled technology, this system allows you to make and receive calls from your cellular plan and landline while enjoying the comforts of a home phone system, with or without a landline. Download up to 6,000 cellular phonebook entries onto the cordless handsets.
- Reliable Corded/Cordless Design with line power mode - The corded base has fully equipped with a large backlit display, speakerphone, big buttons keypad for ease of use. The Line-power mode ensures communications using the corded handset during any power outage.
- Charge your cell phones - With 2 built-in USB ports on the base lets you charge two cell phones at the same time, all the while allowing you to use any of the phone system handsets to make or receive calls from anywhere in the home
- Perfect Phone for Work from Home & Small Office - With up to 1,000 feet coverage and connects up to 2 cell phones and 2 landlines, this phone system lets you make and receive calls from your landline or cell phones with ease using either the cordless or corded handset.
- Digital Answering System with 2 Mailboxes - With up to 22 minutes of recording time in each mailbox, the digital answering system grabs calls when you can't and stores the messages in 2 separate mailboxes. Ideal to keep business and family messages separate.
- Cordless Handset equipped with thoughtful details facilitate you to work anywhere at home: Speakerphone; Belt clip; 2.5mm headset jack (headset not included); Push-to-talk button
AT&T TL88102 DECT 6.0 2-Line Expandable Cordless Phone
- Unsurpassed Range
- 2-Line Operation
- DSL Subscribers may need to us a DSL Filter
- Dual Caller ID/Call Waiting- stores 50 calls
- Handset and Base Speakerphones
- For optimal performance batteries should be charged for 16 hours prior to use
- Digital Answering System —includes a mailbox for each line
- DECT 6.0 Technology
- For use with AT&T model SB67118/SB67138/ SB67158
- 1- to 4-Line Capability. Note: Product is a stand-alone phone.
- Intercom and Call Transfer Between Extensions and Base Station
- DECT 6.0 Zero Blind Slot Digital Technology
- Push-to-Talk Intercom—From Base to Extension and from Extension to Extension
- DSL Subscribers may need to us a DSL Filter
- Expandable System (Use up to 10 Cordless Desksets and Cordless Handsets)
- Easy to see blue and green HS leds External message/music-on-hold interface.
- Comes with four X16 Digital Speakerphones but is expandable up to 16 telephones. These are in the fashion color- Charcoal.
- Reliable & Secure - The X16 does not require the internet, so when the internet is down your phone system is still working! And all voicemail messages are securely stored on-site in your X16 system
- Ideal for Offices with 2-16 Employees - System capacity is (16) X16 telephones & (6) telephone company lines - Easily place and retrieve calls from hold using your (6) dedicated telephone line buttons
- Auto attendant answers and processes calls Voicemail call waiting caller ID "Cell phone like" navigation keys
- Includes the X16 voice server equipped for connection to 4 telephone lines but expandable to 6 telephone lines.
- Includes the Easy Setup Quick Start Guide.
- Quick & Easy Operation - The X16 phone includes 12 programmable buttons for one-touch intercom calling - and each button’s “busy phone” indicator light means at a glance you know who is on the phone
- External call forward Live call recording Outgoing call log Personal phone book
- Office Efficiency - Hands-free features like the built-in Speakerphone & the Call Announce Intercom with Hands Free Answer-Back feature allows you to reply to intercom calls without having to pick up the handset
- The integrated no contract VoIP service starts at $79.95 for 2 lines/calls + FAX and $24.95 per additional lines/calls. The service is charged by the line, not by the seat or the extension, which allows for customizable savings, with no contract. Founded on honesty and customer satisfaction, Ring-u offers industry-leading customer support and a 90-day 100% money back satisfaction guarantee.
- The Hello Hub offers plug-n-play auto configuration for Grandstream GXP 1620/1625/1630/2130/2135/2160/2170 GRP2614/2616 + DP720/750 and WP820 phones. Fully operational in minutes, some Grandstream phones(GRP2614/2616) are also Wifi enabled for ethernet-cable-free connection.
- USA Based customer service and support. REQUIRES ring-u no contract phone service Starting @ $79.95 mo. for 2 lines + FAX. Designed especially for small offices and businesses, the Hello Hub is easier to set up than most wireless routers. A Virtual Receptionist can professionally answer calls and route them to the person or department needed. Other features include an open/closed/holiday receptionist, as well as ring groups, and voicemail to email.
- Mobile phone integration is simple. Simply use cell phones as extensions with or without iOS and Android apps. Texting directly from your system (web interface) using your primary business number is quick and easy. For even more utility, set up offsite land line phones as remote extensions.
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: Cisco SPA 303 IP phone, handset and stand, Handset cord, Ethernet cable, Power Supply for NORTH AMERICA;
- PEACE OF MIND: Small Business 1 Year Limited HW
- HIGHLIGHTS: 3-line business-class IP phone, Connects directly to an Internet telephone service provider or an IP private branch exchange (PBX)
- TELEPHONY FEATURES: Three voice lines, Pixel-based display: 128 x 64 monochrome graphical liquid crystal display (LCD) & Line status: active line indication, name, and number
- EASY TO USE: Easy installation and highly secure remote provisioning, as well as menu-based and web-based configuration
What to Look For in a best phone systems for small business?
The best phone systems for small business is a product type that many customers feel hesitant to select because of the challenges in evaluating its features. It comes to trust! When studying a significant purchase, many factors must be considered. Our best phone systems for small business knowledge will help you make an ideal decision.
Our article here will highlight some outstanding items and provide solutions to FAQs and guides to buying. You should keep in mind some main criteria of best phone systems for small business below:
Corded / Cordless
Corded Office Phone - This corded phone can be used for both static calls and voice conversations. This is a permanent telephone system with a cord that connects the receiver to its phone system. Although corded phones can be very affordable, some models may not work in an outage.
The cordless phone allows users to easily move around the office while still enjoying excellent sound quality. To make sure you get the best out of cordless, these must be charged.
Ease Of Use
Number Of Phone Lines
Can You Use A VoIP Phone As A Regular Phone?
There are two types of phones: analog and IP. Today's VoIP phones use IP phones. The phones can be connected directly to your router, and you can make and receive calls right away.
An adapter is required to allow an analog phone to be used with most of the VoIP systems today.
How Do You Set Up A Small Business Phone System?
The ease of setting up business telephone systems today is a huge advantage. An online portal allows you to manage VoIP systems. The portal allows administrators to log in and assign extensions and business numbers, create new users and delete existing users. Administrators also have the ability to turn on and off features for specific users. This portal can be accessed from any computer with an Internet connection.
What Other Phone System Costs Are There?
Apart from your handset, budgeting for initial costs and line rental (paying for internet access to make VoIP calls) is important. Also, plan for expansion expenses for your company.
Do I Need An Office Phone That Can Handle Multiple Incoming Lines?
Some offices can take care of multiple incoming calls at the same time. It is an excellent feature that can be used by small offices as it prevents you from missing any calls. This saves money as other office phones use only one line. To determine the number of lines you need for your office, assess how busy your office gets.
Do I Need A Hands-free Phone?
Modern office work has made mobile working a necessity. It allows you to quickly take notes, communicate passionately, and even sell stocks on the go. Nearly all modern digital phones allow voice or hands-free activation.
Does VoIP Work With All Office Phones?
It is generally true that VoIP is an integral part of every digital phone system. You can purchase VoIP software for your smartphone or tablet to access call data and call forwarding.
Do Office Phones Have The Ability To Create Automated Answering?
Many office phones include an automatic attendant that will answer any incoming call. If you do not want to be missed, this is an option. The features of your phone may allow the attendant to route calls to specific extensions, or record voice messages. An auto attendant can make a small business seem bigger to callers.