The Best Projector Mounts For 2023
1. Best Overall: VIVO Universal Adjustable Ceiling Projector Mount
The VIVO Universal Adjustable Ceiling Projector Mount is a dependable mounting solution for all projector brands. The quick release allows for easy installation and removal. With its tilting and swiveling design, the projector can be adjusted at any angle to meet your needs.
The WALI Universal Projector Screen Ceiling Mount is the most universal solution for mounting a projector screen or TV. It is also perfect for use as a wall mount, and can be used as a floor stand. The brackets are adjustable to suit the needs of any home theater or office.
3. Best Easy To Use: VIVO Universal Extending Ceiling Projector Mount
The VIVO Universal Ceiling Projector Mount is a sturdy steel mount designed to fit a wide range of projectors. The mount has a universal plate that fits most projectors on the market and offers quick and easy installation. The extension rod adjusts from 2.9ft to 4ft with the push of a button, making it easy to find the right viewing angle for any room.
4. Best Convenient: suptek White Projector Ceiling Mount Bracket Fits Flat
The suptek 3-In-1 Projector Wall Mount Bracket is the perfect solution for ceiling installations, sloped ceiling installations, or wall installations. It has a mount on top and bottom to secure your projector from above, below, or from the side.
Projector mounts help you position your projector for optimal viewing. If you’re using a projector at home or in the office, you need a mount to put it in a position that helps viewers see the screen. You may not think of a projector as an audiovisual device, but it is one! A projector is an AV device because it projects images and sound directly onto a screen.
Whether you’re planning to use it in an office or at home, you need the right setup to make sure everyone can see what’s on the screen. Fortunately, there are many great options for mounting projectors so users can see them and with enough space between viewers and the projection surface. Let’s take a look at some of the best projector mounts for home or business use.
Before making our recommendations, our specialists spend substantial time researching and analyzing your requirements. Then we found the VIVO Universal Adjustable Ceiling Projector Mount is the greatest choice for its high-quality performance. If you're looking for another one, consider WALI Universal Projector Screen Ceiling Mount, Wall Hanging Mount.
RELATED: Friendly, expert advice and help from real experts to find best projector stands of 2023. We compiled the list of top models in the guide here.
Our Top Picks
- Strong 30 Lbs Support - Made entirely of high-grade steel, this mount holds projectors weighing up to 30 lbs, keeping your expensive equipment safe and secure.
- Low Profile - This mounting system holds your projector just 6” from the ceiling surface. The white powder-coated finish blends well with the majority of home and office environments.
- Universal Projector Mount - Fits the majority of projectors on the market, including mini projectors (Please Note: Extension arms need to be removed for mini projectors). The distance between mounting holes on the back of the projector must be 12.5” or less.
- Easy Installation - Quick release hooks attach and detach by tightening and loosening the mounting bolts. All hardware and instructions are provided for assembly.
- Fully Adjustable - Features +15° to -15° tilt, +15° to -15° swivel, and 360° rotation. Hits all the right viewing angles so you and your guests can watch in comfort.
- Environment: Securely mount to wood stud, drywall, brick or concrete walls
- Compatibility: Compatible with most manual or spectrum projector screen on the market. Support maximum loading weight up to 66lbs / 30kg
- Quality: Made by high-quality steel 6 inches L-shape bracket will successfully hold your screen and allow the projector screen away from the wall
- Package Includes: WALI Projector Screen 6” L-Brackets x 2, Mounting Hardware Kit x 1, User Manual x 1, experienced and friendly US based customer support available to assist 7 days a week.
- Adjustment: Adjustable hooks to securely hold your screen 1.5” to 5” from the wall. Allowing for corner, chalkboard or television clearance and eliminating keystone effect
- Easy Installation with quick release hooks that attach and detach by tightening and loosening mounting bolts
- Solid Construction made entirely of high grade steel, supporting projectors up to 30 lbs
- Universal Mounting fitting the majority of projectors on the market. Distance between mounting holes on back of projector must be between 2" to 12.5” diagonally
- Fully Adjustable with 15-degree tilt, 15-degree swivel, and 360-degree rotation, hitting all the right viewing angles
- Telescoping Height Adjustment mounting system extends your projector from 15” to 23” from the ceiling surface
- Package - 1×ceiling mount, 1×standard installation kit, 1×user manual
- Resistant to rust - ceiling part and projector mounting part are made of cold rolled steel, extendable pole is made of aluminium alloy
- 3-In-1 Projector Wall Mount Bracket - ceiling installation, sloped ceiling installation, and wall installation
- Adjustable - tilt 90°, pan/swivel 360°, height from 1.96"-21.25",suitable for different circumstance
- Compatible with projectors whose mounting holes are under 11.41" and weight under 30lbs (13.6kg)
- Compatibility: Projector mount fit most of the projector in the market, compatible with distance mounting holes between 2" to 12.5”.
- Easy installation: quick release and fasten the mount to the ceiling makes installation easy. Mounts to Wood studs, concrete and wall surfaces, flat ceiling, drop ceiling, suspended ceiling, etc.
- Fully Adjustable: Tilt +/- 15 degrees and swivel +/- 15 degrees. Angle adjustment bracket allows 360 degrees of rotation. Low profile design for quick and precise projector positioning.
- Package Includes: WALI Projector Ceiling Mount (White) x 1, Mounting Hardware Kit x 1, User Manual x 1, experienced and friendly US based customer support available to assist 7 days a week.
- Heavy Duty: Support maximum loading weight 30 lbs/13.5 kg. Regular concrete and brick ceiling or wooden stud supported. NOTE: This mount does NOT support the vaulted ceiling and regular drywall.
- Cable management system helps keep cables concealed and organized
- Full-Motion Design - Pitch: +/- 15 degrees, Roll: +/- 8 degrees, Swivel: 360 degrees, Height Adjustment (ceiling installation): 5 inches to 25.6 inches. Extension from the wall (wall mounted installation): 16.9 inches to 25.6 inches.
- Universal design compatible with all monitors in the market. The mounting holes on projector must be between 8.85" and 12.40".
- 3-In-1 Universal Projector Wall Mount Bracket: 1. Flush Ceiling Installation, 2. Telescoping Arm Ceiling Installation, 3. Wall Installation
- SolidFull-Motion Design - Pitch: +/- 15 degrees, Roll: +/- 8 degrees, Swivel: 360 degrees, Height Adjustment (ceiling installation): 5 inches to 25.6 inches. Extension from the wall (wall mounted installation): 16.9 inches to 25.6 inches. steel material with durable powder-coated finish (black)
- Universally Compatible: This projector ceiling mount supports most projector brands with distance between the mounting holes on back 12.1 inches or less. This mount can be used on flat ceiling.
- Full Motion Adjustable Mount: Our projector ceiling mount can tilt 25 degrees up and down, swivels 90 degree from left to right and 360 degrees rotation, hitting all possible viewing angles. The mount provides a 43.6-inch extension and collapses to 23-inch from the ceiling using the extendable arm and 8.9-inch without the arm.
- High Grade Material: Crafted from premium quality and heavy duty steel to provide a reliable projector mount with maximum strength and support. Max Load: 30 lbs (13.6kg).
- Package includes: A pre-assembled projector ceiling mount and all necessary hardware and instructions booklet. Compatible with BenQ, Epson, Acer, Optoma, Sony, Video, Dell and other popular brands. If our product is not suitable for your projector, or if you have any questions about the product and package, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Easy to Install: Pre-assembled, this projection mount can be set up in a few steps with quick release hooks that attach and detach by tightening and loosening mounting bolts. Warm Tip: To prevent the mount from shaking,please tighten the screws marked in the picture above.
- Universal Mounting Design enables this bracket to fit the majority of projector brands on the market with mounting hole distance ranging from 8.9” to 12.4”.
- Solid Steel Construction makes this universal ceiling and wall projector mount able to support up to 44 pounds. Enjoy optimal viewing angles with peace of mind, knowing that your expensive equipment is safe and secure.
- Adjustable Features include -15° to +15° tilt and 16° swivel offering multiple viewing angles that the whole group can enjoy, as well as height adjustment from 16.9” to 25.6” to create a variety of mounting options for flat ceilings and wall surfaces.
- We've Got You Covered - Sturdy steel design is backed with a 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty and friendly tech support to help with any questions or concerns.
- Integrated Cable Management keeps everything clean and organized, which aids in smooth adjustment by keeping power cords and cables safely contained.
- U.S. Pat. No. 6,585,212
- Holds a pico projector and phone up to 3.9" wide
- Includes 1/4"-20 camera adapter for some pico projectors, digital camcorders, or cameras
- Phone clamp holder can attach to pole/post or top arm assembly
- Strong and Stable: Sturdy steel body can handle a maximum of 5 kg / 11 lbs, more than enough to support any Nebula projector, including Cosmos Max.
- Adjust with Ease: Adjust the length from 11.02 to 16.14 inches by simply loosening and tightening the screw to find the ideal position for your projector.
- What’s In The Box: Nebula Cosmos Projector Stand, screw pack, and user manual.
- Universal Compatibility: Mount any Nebula projector with ease via the ¼-inch universal mounting point.
- Easy to Install: Attach to any load-bearing wall or ceiling in minutes using the 4 included screws and a power drill.
What to Look For in a best projector mounts?
Until now, numerous customers trust the information and advice we offer them, which means our offers to you are accurate and up to date all the time. This objective is being pursued with tremendous zeal and attention.
It's necessary to keep in mind the following points for selecting best projector mounts:
Universal Vs. Dedicated Mounts
A universal projector mount is more costly than a dedicated mount. A universal mount is more cost-effective if you plan to swap projectors often. The mount can be used with your projector, so you don't need to replace it. A dedicated mount or bracket is an option for buyers who intend to keep their projectors going strong over the years.
Fixed Vs. Adjustable Mounts
After installation, an adjustable or rotating mount for projectors allows you to adjust the projector's position. The projector can be tilted, swiveled, or rotated as needed. If you need to adjust the location of your projection screen, adjustable brackets and rotating mounts are the best options. These mounts also allow for greater flexibility in installation. The projector can be tilted and swiveled to align it with the screen. You can choose from fixed or rotating mounts depending on what you need. Consider the flexibility of a rotating mount when buying one. Buyers who require a mobile option can also purchase adjustable projector stands.
Type Of Projector Mount
For areas that projector ceiling mounts cannot be used, projection wall mounts work well. This could be spaces with narrow ceilings or false ceilings. Projector stands are an option for users who need maximum mobility or a mobile solution.
Before buying projector brackets, there are some other things buyers should consider. Integrated cable management is a small, but useful feature in projector brackets. The integrated cable management system should allow for the routing of power and display cables in an organized and neat manner. It should also be simple to mount or bracket a projector. It is important that all the necessary hardware and instructions for installation are included. If the user requires professional installation assistance, it should be offered.
There are even extendable projector wall mounts. The arm of these mounts can be extended in order to position the projector at the centerline on the screen. Telescoping wall mounts for projectors might not be as strong as ceiling mounts. If you are in need of an extendable ceiling or wall mount, it is worth looking into. There may be a variety of telescopic adjustment options for different projector mounts. Choose the one that best suits your needs.
RELATED: Find the perfect wall mount for projectors to make setup and installation easier. We offer a wide selection of wall mounts to fit any projector size and weight.
What Is A Projector Mount?
To give you better projector image, projector mounts are used to hold the projector in place. They usually have a four-arm system with bolts and bolts. Problem with mounting your projector on a table or desk is the lens angle can cause distortions to the screen or wall behind you. This is a common problem and makes it easier to disturb the projected image.
What Is The Best Spot For The Projector?
Every projector will have a different screen size and maximum distance. The best place for your projector will vary depending on the device. Your projector should be at least one-third of the height of the intended screen. You will lose screen width if your projector is too high. If you have high ceilings, it is important to purchase a projector mounting with a long arm to allow the mount to drop in line with your screen.
Is It Hard To Mount A Projector?
Installing a projector is usually quite simple. The first thing you need to do is find the right place. You will need to know the screen height, vertical offset, and throw distance. This may seem complicated. The manual for your projector will make things easier. Mounts are designed to work the same as the original mount. You will attach the mount to your projector, then you can screw it into the ceiling. You will need to locate a ceiling joint, which is usually done using a stud finder.
How Far Down Does The Projector Mount Extend From The Ceiling?
This will vary depending on which model you have and whether your height can be adjusted. Projector mounts are approximately five inches in length from the ceiling. Mounts can be extended up to 24 inches depending on the need.
Why Do You Need A Good Projector Mount?
For good image quality, a stable and secure mount for the projector is vital. Small wobbles can cause distracting movement of the image on your screen. A projector mount solution that is right for your screen size will ensure the proper positioning.
Is A Wall, Ceiling, Or Tripod Mount Best For Projectors?
The screen size, type, and space available will all affect the outcome. The typical projector for a living room may include options to mount the ceiling or mount on walls, as well as the option of using a locking tripod. The advantages of projector stands include the ability to be more mobile and easier to adjust and maintain, as well as being portable.
What Are The Benefits Of Using A Projector Mount?
The wall mounts protect projectors against damage. The wiring can be run directly through the central pipe of periscope units or through some metal openings in low profile mounting brackets. Safety, wire management and less disruption to the picture are all benefits. This means you don’t need to take a table just to place your projector. It can be left up and used only when it is needed.
You can also create a media room. The projector mounts don't lock down your project permanently. Instead, they have quick hooks that allow you to remove it in just a few seconds. They give you a safe, secure place to store your projector and make it easier for you to get media quickly since they don't require any setup.
How Long Do Projector Mount Last?
The type and use of the projector stand will determine how long it lasts. Projector stands that are stored in a dry environment can be used indefinitely.
If stored correctly, stands made of heavy-gauge, cold-rolled steel and powder-coated aluminium are very durable. While tabletop projector stand will eventually wear down sooner than electronic devices, most of them will be able to last as long or even longer than any other projector. The adjustment knobs on frequently used stands can wear down or become stuck over time. The nonstick feet on a tripod projector may wear down.