The Best Soundbar Surround Sound For 2023
1. Best Overall: Polk Audio Signa S4 Ultra-Slim Sound Bar System
This is a premium speaker set that can level up bass and treble for the best surround sound experience. Read Review
2. Runner-Up: VIZIO SB3821-C6 Sound Bar System
This soundbar system features a neutral sound profile that works well with vocals in videos. Read Review
3. Economical Pick: TCL Alto 6+ 2.1 Channel Soundbar System
This speaker set delivers fantastic audio for most content, especially vocals, all at a great price. Read Review
4. Best For Music: Samsung HW-A450/ZA 2.1ch Soundbar & Speaker Kit
The set has a realistic audio performance that is suitable for most music genres. Read Review
A good surround sound arrangement is a great way to upgrade your home audio system to a theater level. Nowadays, some of the most high-demand systems include a soundbar and additional speakers. These devices can be placed in a 360-degree setting around the room to create the most realistic soundstage possible.
For our dear readers, we have compiled a list of the best soundbars for surround sound, so users can enjoy the most immersive 3D cinematic experience.
Our winner, the Polk Audio Signa S4 Ultra-Slim Sound Bar System, is a super popular product that has received tons of positive ratings from previous customers on Amazon. Our list also features some of the best models with distinctive features and qualities that can surely meet your demands.
RELATED: Our staff and experts compiled a list of 10 best sound bar system in 2023 based on 16,254 reviews from customers.
Our Top Picks
- ADVANCED ULTRA-SLIM SOUNDBAR & WIRELESS SUB - The Signa S4 with an upgraded 7-driver array & a dedicated full-range center channel delivers True 3D Surround Sound (Dolby Atmos 3.1.2 certified) and the 5.25" sub gives you a WIDE SOUND STAGE AND DEEP BASS
- WIRELESSLY STREAM MUSIC from your favorite streaming apps like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and others directly from your smartphone, tablet, or other compatible devices via built-in Bluetooth technology
- 1-CABLE SETUP, WORKS WITH ANY TV INCLUDING THE LATEST 8K ULTRA-HD TVs - Get this system up and running in less than 5 minutes—all you have to do is unbox, connect and you are ready to listen. A great addition to your home theater!
- UP-FIRING SPEAKERS FOR HEIGHT ELEVATION - In addition to L/R Tweeters (1"), (2) Racetrack Mid Drivers (4.7" x 1.6") and a 1" Center, the left/right elevation speakers (2.6") utilize Atmos' height channels for an immersive 3D sound over your head
- EXCELLENT SOUND AND VALUE - At par with any mid- to high-range sound bars available in the market. At 2.4" tall, the Signa S4 fits most spaces - easily wall-mount it or place in front of your TV. It won’t block your TV’s bottom edge or IR remote sensor
- NUMEROUS CONNECTION POSSIBILITIES - Plug in your audio source via the provided inputs - (1) optical, (1) analog 3.5mm, or Bluetooth, and USB-A (for firmware updates). Enjoy uncompromised audio experience over the eight channels via the HDMI (eARC) output
- POLK'S EXCLUSIVE VOICE AND BASS ADJUST TECHNOLOGY, along with S4's center channel lets you customize voice and bass levels, so you hear crystal clear dialogues and maximize bass without missing a word. For maximum impact, control the sub and the sound bar's bass using Bass Adjust Technology
- Premium audio with Dolby digital decoding, plus DTS TruVolume and DTS audio post processing
- Wireless remote for convenient volume, input and audio controls; Wireless subwoofer range approximately 60 feet – line of sight from sound bar
- Wireless subwoofer adds rich bass from anywhere in the room
- Built in Bluetooth lets you lose the wires and listen to your music with a tap of a finger with built in Bluetooth. Sound pressure level - 100 dB. Sound bar frequency - 50 hertz - 19 hertz
- Enjoy 100 dB of room filling, crystal clear sound with less than 1 percent total harmonic distortion
TCL Alto 6+ 2.1 Channel Soundbar System
Sound clarity is improved with Dolby Digital decoding. The bass from movies and music is deep and rich. Compatible with different devices that have Bluetooth functions. It can be mounted to the TV.
It lacks treble tones.
- DEEP BASS WITH WIRELESS SUBWOOFER: Experience deep, rich bass to make movies and music truly come to life.
- DOLBY DIGITAL: Dolby Digital decoding maximizes sound clarity and creates incredible room-filling virtual surround sound.
- SPECIALIZED SOUND MODES: Specialized sound modes bring Movies, Music, and News to life.
- STREAM MUSIC WIRELESSLY: You can use your Bluetooth-enabled device to wirelessly stream music on your sound bar.
- QUICK AND HASSLE-FREE SETUP: With HDMI, optical, or Bluetooth connections, you can go from unboxing to listening in minutes.
- SUBWOOFER INCLUDED - Wireless subwoofer is included so you can enjoy deep bass right out of the box All-in-one
- BASS BOOST - Give your bass an instant boost with the push of a button on the soundbar
- ADAPTIVE SOUND LITE - Enhanced audio tracking for your content in real time, with technology that equalizes background music and consistent volume control
Best With Multiple Sound Modes
VMAI TV Sound Bar with Subwoofer
- MULTIPLE INPUT OPTIONS AND EASY SET UP - Aside from one of our newest feature Bluetooth 5.0 from your smartphones, tablet, PC and other Bluetooth enabled devices; there are also wired connection including HDMI ARC, Optical, USB (Flash drive only), and AUX input, compatible with TVs, projectors, computers, Blu-ray players, tablet, PS5, Amplifiers, and more! We upgraded the package to include both premium 5 ft Optical cable and 5 ft RCA to 3.5 mm cable.
- 2.1 CHANNEL IMMERSIVE SOUND EXPERIENCE - 120W Sound bar delivers noticeably better sound than your TV alone. With advanced technologies, TV sound bar delivers the clear audio your TV can’t. Sound bar with subwoofer produces powerful bass and surround sound, let you enjoy a dynamic home audio experience; With 110dB sound level pressure, VMAI sound bar delivers the heavy-bass performance, a detailed midrange, crisp treble, and beyond. Enjoy all the details of your music and movies.
- A DILIGENT DESIGN & 12 MONTHS WARRANTY - VMAI engineered the soundbar almost impossibly thin measuring less than 2.5-inch-high, and a jet-black surface. With luxury Touch-button design, you can control power/ volume on the side easily. VMAI sound bar comes with mount bracket in the package, which allows you to mount this elegant sound bar on your living room. Every VMAI sound bar will go through a strict quality test process before sending out. We offer 12 months warranty to our customer!
- BLUETOOTH 5.0, THE SUPERB SOUND QUALITY - Our newest sound bar adopts Bluetooth 5.0 & DSP technology to ensure faster transmission speeds, stable connectivity, and smooth transmission in long distance with low consumption. This soundbar is so versatile you can place it almost anywhere. And with Bluetooth connectivity, you can play your favorite music anywhere. We’ve carefully engineered a custom sound bar material so we can provide you with true 3D stereo premium sound.
- FOUR DIFFERENT SOUND MODE - Music, Movie, News & 3D mode adjusting by using the included remote control! The remote also allows you to increase or reduce treble and bass based on your preference. The additional volume and power control are conveniently located at the right side of the sound bar.
- EXPERIENCE IMMERSIVE SURROUND SOUND WITH POLK's PATENTED SDA AUDIO TECHNOLOGY and 5.1 Dolby Digital coding. The INCLUDED WIRELESS SUBWOOFER fills your living room, bedroom, or media room with multi-dimensional surround sound
- QUICKLY AND EASILY SETUP THE SOUNDBAR SYSTEM IN MINUTES using the included HDMI and optical cables, the Google Home app on your Android or iOS devices
- SMALL SIZE, BIG SOUND - Packed in its compact design is a collection of powerful drivers and tweeters, which produce exceptionally clear sound. At only a little over a foot long, these sound bars are a must-have if you have space limitations for your home theater system
- WIRELESSLY STREAM MUSIC with GOOGLE CAST from your smartphone, tablet or other compatible Android devices for a multi-room system. Cast your favorite music tracks to your sound bar via streaming services like Pandora, Spotify and others
- Polk's exclusive Voice Adjust Technology even lets you INDEPENDENTLY CONTROL VOICE LEVELS maximizing sound clarity and minimizing voice delays and muzzled sounds. Equipped with INDEPENDENT MODES FOR MOVIES, MUSIC, AND SPORTS, it delivers balanced sound clarity so that you hear every word, making your movie, sports and music experience absolutely exquisite
Best Minimalist Design
VIZIO M-Series 5.1 Premium Sound Bar
- Immersive Performance Experience immersive, cinematic 3D surround sound powered by Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
- 9 High-Performance Speakers Featuring Separate Tweeters & Woofers Provide pristine clarity and rich sound
- Advanced Connectivity & Control The latest HDMI eARC connectivity enables state-of-the-art 4K Dolby Vision pass-through to the TV and lets you control the sound bar using your TV remote.
- 5.1-Channel Sound Experience a powerful room-filling, surround sound experience.
- Low-Profile Modern Design Seamlessly blends into any environment and ingeniously attaches to select VIZIO M-Series TV stands for quick, clean tabletop or wall-mount installation.
- 40” 2.1 Soundbar with 8” wireless subwoofer
- HDMI-ARC: Single-cable, single-remote control
- 5.1 decoding for virtualized surround sound
- Class-leading 8” Subwoofer
- 400W peak power
- Included Components: Main Soundbar, Detachable Wireless Surround Speakers (2), Wireless Subwoofer Remote Control, Power Cords, Hdmi Cable, (2)L-Shape Wall-Mount Bracket (Main Bar), (2) U-Shape Wall-Mount Bracket (For Surround Speakers), Kit With Screws
- Ultra HD 4K Pass-through with Dolby Vision
- Connector Type: Optical
- Wireless Communication Technology: Wi-Fi
- Built-in Dolby Atmos and DTS: X decoding
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric
- With detachable, battery powered surround speakers you can enjoy real surround sound without the wires
- 820W Output power
- Experience deep bass with a 300W, 10" powered subwoofer
- WIRELESS SUBWOOFER: Delivering high definition sound, the K2’s stereo speakers fill the room with your favourite sounds.
- 2.1 SURROUND SOUND: With 2.1 Channel Sound, the K2 offers a superior audio experience for any home entertainment set-up.
- COMPATIBLE WITH PROJECTORS, TV, PHONE AND PC: Using the assortment of connectivity options, the K2 can be connected to your phone, computer and most TVs using Bluetooth, Optical Input and RCA input.
- MULTI-CONNECTION: The K2 boasts a wide range of connections including Bluetooth, USB input, Optical input, RCA, AUX-input and HDMI ARC. The K2 comes with an RCA cable. Designed for the eager audiophile, you can select which audio mode you want to listen to: Music, Movies or Dialogue.
- DIMENSIONS: 30 x 2 x 3 inches; 7.4lbs
What to Look For in a best soundbar surround sound?
When selecting a suitable best soundbar surround sound, a variety of factors have been found. Information sources are available in a wide range of forms. As a basis, we are doing it to support, inform, and solve your demands.
Please keep these things in mind before selecting the best soundbar surround sound:
There are special sound modes for various audio types, such as watching movies, listening to music, or gaming. You can adjust the treble and bass settings depending on what you are watching/listening too.
Compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa for voice-controlled music.
Front-panel displays that display important information, such as volume levels. Make sure to check if this display is able to be switched off when it's not in use so that it does not become distracting.
Wi-Fi And Bluetooth
Ease Of Set-up And Use
Number Of Channels And Speakers
RELATED: Today we’ll review the best soundbars under $300 to make sure the features match the quality of your TV. Don't hesitate and check our article.
Can You Add A Subwoofer To A Sound Bar?Wireless sound bars often come with a subwoofer. You can also add your own wireless subwoofer to the sound bars that do not have one. If you desire an immersive experience, you'll want it.
Will A Soundbar Improve Sound Quality?Modern TVs have very tiny speakers which bounce sound off of your TV. As a result, they can be distant and harsh. A soundbar can be added to most TVs to improve their sound quality, particularly when it comes down to reproducing spoken words. It will also allow you to listen to music.
Can You Use Any Soundbar With Any TV?There are very few exceptions to this rule. However, you can still use your soundbar with any TV. It is helpful sometimes to match soundbar and TV brands. New soundbars often use HDMI ARC to transmit the audio from the TV's speakers through the soundbar. If both of your devices have this port, you are good. An optical connection is available on some older soundbars, and almost all TVs have them.
Are Soundbars Really Worth It?They are well worth the investment when compared to how loud your TV sounds. A soundbar costs only $100 and can make your TV viewing experience 10x better. A soundbar can make it easier to understand speech by allowing TV speakers to face down.
Can A Sound Bar Be Used As A Center Speaker?There are some that can and others that can't, but it's not something we recommend. Although a passive soundbar could technically be used to provide center channel speakers, this is not what it was designed for. This is like asking a pitcher to play both catch and second base instead of the only position that he excels at.
Can You Add Speakers To A Sound Bar?There are both yes and no. Some sound bars have additional speakers that can be added to the system, which brings you closer to home theatre sound. If the soundbar is multi-room compatible, then wireless rear speakers can be added. This is a good option for those who have or want to install a multi-room sound system in their home.
Where Do I Place My Soundbar?The soundbars can be placed directly in front of your TV using a stand, or any other type of furniture. They are usually less than 2 inches high so they won't interfere with the infrared remote port of your TV or block it. Some soundbars are also wall-mountable and include brackets. There are third-party kits that can be used to mount soundbars on the wall.
Can You Use A Soundbar To Play Music?A soundbar can make music play through your TV much more enjoyable. Bluetooth is a feature that many soundbars offer, so you won't have to turn on the TV to hear your music. A soundbar that has a wireless subwoofer will work best to reproduce deep bass and dynamics.
With new information arriving, our editor will usually update the best soundbar surround sound frequently. Please constantly check our site for the most up-to-date material.
We will try our best to help you with more best soundbar surround sound. You are supposed to be free to ask for assistance with your problems.
READ NEXT: The Easiest To Use Mp3 Players For 2023