The Best Stereo Receiver With Airplay For 2023
1. Best Overall: YAMAHA R-N303BL Stereo Receiver
This little unit is a gem if you're looking for a simple stereo receiver with a true phono input. Once connected to your network, the AirPlay feature works flawlessly for those who have digitalized their music collection. Read Review
2. Best For The Price: Denon DRA-800H 2-Channel Stereo Network Receiver
The Denon DRA-800H 2-Channel Stereo Network Receiver is a powerful, high-end receiver for music enthusiasts. This ultra-stylish receiver offers greater stability with a wide range of speakers and delivers balanced sound each time. Read Review
3. Best Powerful: Yamaha R-N602 Network Hi-Fi Receiver
The Yamaha R-N602 provides excellent value for money, a plethora of features, and an appealing retro design. We were blown away by the analog play and wholeheartedly recommend this amplifier if you want an amplifier to serve as the heart of your vinyl hi-fi system. Read Review
4. Best Design: Onkyo TX-8260 2 Channel Network Stereo Receiver
Onkyo TX-8260 2 Channel Network Stereo Receiver is a versatile system that plays all major types of audio formats. The performance is good, with clear sound and no distortion at high volumes. With a little tweaking, the surround sound effects can be adjusted to suit your personal preferences. Read Review
Stereo receivers are aimed at audiophiles who want superior home audio systems. They also serve as the central sound device in any home theater setup. These receivers are essential for surround sound speaker systems and can be used to integrate smart home technology into your entertainment system.
Many models include inputs that range from turntables to iPods. Many stereo receivers today have the same features as AV receivers. They also support Bluetooth and AirPlay. Stereo receivers tend to be more basic, with a focus on high-fidelity sound and expandability. This is a list of the Best stereo receiver with airplay.
RELATED: With so many small audio receivers to choose from, it can be difficult to know which one to go for. We've compiled a list of the best small audio receivers of 2023 to help you find the right.
Our Top Picks
YAMAHA R-N303BL Stereo Receiver
- Wi-Fi, wireless direct, Bluetooth, airplay, and MusicCast multiform Audio. Network section - DLNA - Version 1.5
- Access to your music library, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM internet radio, Tidal and Deezer. Standby Power Consumption-0.1W (Network standby on / Wi-Fi connection, 1.8W)
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Phono input terminals for turn tables voice control using your Alexa device like echo or echo dot. FM 50dB Quieting Sensitivity (IHF, 1kHz, 100% Mod., Mono) - 3 µV (20.8 dBf). FM Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo) - 65dB / 64dB
- Simple and sophisticated design with two channels of 100 W high-power output. Minimum RMS Output Power: 100W plus 100W (8ohms, 40Hz-20kHz, 0.2 percentage THD)
- Optical and coaxial Audio inputs for TV. Frequency Response-0 ± 0.5dB / 0 ± 3.0dB. FM Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo)-65dB / 64dB
Best For The Price
Denon DRA-800H 2-Channel Stereo Network Receiver
- ENJOY MULTI-ROOM STREAMING – Built-in HEOS technology allows you to playback music through any popular streaming service such as Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Prime Music and others via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or AirPlay 2 in one room and more simultaneously
- HI-RES AUDIO PLAYBACK – Listen to your favorite tracks stored on a memory device via the USB port on the front panel, or through network sources. Also, connect your turntable to the speakers or amp via the integrated phono input and MM equalizer
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE DISCRETE 2-CHANNEL AMP – Feel the power & hear every audio detail with this ultra-stylish & powerful receiver (100W per channel at 8 ohms) that offers greater stability with a wide range of speakers & delivers balanced sound each time.
- ADVANCED HDMI VIDEO SECTION FOR A STUNNING CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE – Features full 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub sampling, HDR10, HLG, and BT.2020 pass-through. Watch your favorite movies & shows with exceptional color, clarity and contrast.
- With its 100-year legacy & Japanese precision technology, Denon BRINGS PURITY OF SOUND AND JOY TO YOUR LIVES. Immerse yourself in multi-dimensional audio & sensational surround sound with this amplifier for an unmatched home theater & entertainment system
- VOICE CONTROL COMPATIBILITY WITH ALL MAJOR VOICE AGENTS – Change audio tracks, control volume, switch inputs, and play & pause music with your voice. Just command Alexa, Siri, and other leading voice agents or any smart home automation systems
- EXPERT SOUND ENGINEERING – Denon’s experience in designing award-winning amplifiers and their use of Hi-Fi parts, custom resistors, audio grade capacitors, a double differential DAC circuit and analog preamp circuits deliver a superior sound experience
Yamaha R-N602 Network Hi-Fi Receiver
- Music Cast wireless multi room audio support, built in Bluetooth, Wi Fi, Wireless Direct, Airplay, Pandora, Rhapsody, Spotify, SiriusXM Internet Radio music streaming services
- DSD 2.8 MHz / 5.6 MHz, FLAC / WAV / AIFF 192 kHz / 24 bit, Apple Lossless 96 kHz / 24 bit playback
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Digital audio inputs for TV or Blu ray Disc players along with a Phono input (MM)
- Front panel USB connection for digital docking with iPod / iPhone and USB flash drives. Continuously Variable Loudness Control
- Top ART sound quality design with high quality parts and Pure Direct for greater sound purity
- 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, airplay, and Bluetooth technology
- Your Onkyo receiver can now be part of your existing Sonos Home Sound System, or the start of a new one. Instantly upgrade the music streaming capability of your home theater receiver with Sonos Connect and a free firmware update
- Spotify, Tidal, Pandora, tune in, and Deezer via Onkyo controller app
- 80 W/Ch stereo power (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.1%, 2 Ch Driven, FTC); 160 W/Ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10%, 2 Ch Driven)
- Chromecast built-in, FireConnect, and DTS Play-Fi Multi-room Audio
- Mm phono, analog, USB, and digital Audio inputs
Denon RCD-N10 Hi-Fi All-in-One Receiver
- A COMPACT & VERSATILE SOLUTION - Easy setup, additional connections with USB, subwoofer output, built-in Wi-Fi, AM/FM Tuner, Headphone jack, and simple controls. Perfect for smaller footprint rooms, apartments and condos!
- HEOS MUSIC STREAMING WITH AMAZON ALEXA COMPATABILITY - Enjoy the benefits of multi-room HEOS wireless streaming with voice commands & use popular services like Spotify, Internet Radio, Tidal, TuneIn, Pandora and more via Bluetooth or Airplay 2
- A BLEND OF SOPHISTICATION & OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE IN A SMALL FOOTPRINT - From the award-winning CEOL series, this Network CD Receiver has a minimalistic design in matte-finish & comes with both Analogue & Digital inputs
- With its 100-year legacy & Japanese precision technology, Denon BRINGS PURITY OF SOUND AND JOY TO YOUR LIVES. Immerse yourself in multi-dimensional audio and Hi-Fi surround sound with this receiver for an unmatched home entertainment system!
- CHOOSE HIGH QUALITY AUDIO WITH THE BUILT-IN CD PLAYER - In addition to the basic functions of Play/ Pause/Stop, Repeat/Random, Forward/Rewind, this receiver cum CD player allows direct song access and program playback (up to 25 tracks)
- CONNECT A WHOLE-HOME WIRELESS AUDIO SYSTEM including your TV, other media devices or gaming console to the receiver and redefine your movie, music, sports and gaming experience
Sony STRDH190 2-ch Home Stereo Receiver
- 100 watts x 2 (8 ohms, 1 Kilo Hertz). Speaker impedance - 6–16 ohms
- Full size (1/4 inch) headphone jack
- Low profile design (5 ¼ Inch tall) fits easily into conventional AV cabinet
- Amplify and enjoy your home audio experience in the comfort of your home
- FM Radio with 30 station presets;
- Phono input, 4 stereo RCA audio inputs, 3.5 millimeter input, stereo RCA output
- Connect up to 4 speakers; A/B switching to play all at once, or in separate zones
- In the box: Remote (RMT-AA400U), batteries, FM antenna
- Built in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream your favorite music service, podcasts, and more from other Bluetooth devices.
Best Sound Quality
YAMAHA R-S202BL Stereo Receiver
- Brushed aluminum finish and simplistic design
- 40 station FM/AM preset tuning; Frequency Response: 10Hz – 100kHz (0 plus/ minus 0.5 dB / 0 plus/ minus 3.0 dB)
- Bluetooth to your favorite streaming music services
- Speaker selector for 2 systems. Input Sensitivity (CD): 500 MV/47k ohms
- Advanced circuitry design
Best Energy Efficient
Pyle PT272AUBT Stereo Receiver
- EQ CONTROLS: The sound amplifying device has crisp buttons for the audio sources and selectors, rotary knob for equalization and master volume adjustments. Includes remote control for distant audio adjustments and a power cable. Note :Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Manual
- BLUETOOTH ENABLED: The integrated hybrid amplifier is equipped with Bluetooth for wireless music streaming. Works with today’s latest devices including smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer, etc.
- 300-WATT POWER: The Pyle 4 Channel Pre-Amplifier is perfect for your home theater entertainment system. It gives you 300 watts peak power to be used for multi speakers witth 4-8 ohms impedance allowing you to enjoy high quality amplified audio
- A/B SPEAKER SELECTOR: The professional integrated stereo receiver has A/B speaker selector enabling you to choose b/w speaker set. Use either A or B speakers or both. Note that when it is turned on initially it uses both speakers as default
- 6 INPUTS: The personal digital amp box supports SD / MMC card, USB, MP3, AM FM tuner, AUX, CD player, 2 microphone input with echo for karaoke or event hosting, RCA, AUX, and Bluetooth inputs
- ENJOY MASTERFUL AUDIO PERFORMANCE EVEN AT THIS PRICE POINT – Divided circuitry allows you to disengage digital circuits, which turns off the Bluetooth for an undivided analog experience
- LISTEN TO YOUR FAVORITE SONGS WITH IMPECCABLE PRECISION – Powered by the Denon Advanced High Current (AHC) single push-pull circuit power amplifier, this amp BALANCES HIGH POWER & MUSIC DETAILING PERFECTLY - the output audio is clean, rich and immersive
- SLIM DESIGN, INTEGRATED AMP – Enclosed in a vibration resistant design, the PMA-600NE powers the widest range of speakers (70W at 4 ohms) and reproduces audio with the utmost accuracy and superiority for a multi-dimensional sound experience
- HIGH-GRADE AUDIO COMPONENTS – With more than a 100-year legacy of designing premium audio components, trust your Denon PMA-600NE has undergone rigorous testing. Solid build quality, clean aesthetics, modern design, and sound quality which is built to last
- BLUETOOTH SUPPORT AND DIGITAL CONNECTIVITY – Extend your audio experience with nearly unlimited sources. 2 Optical, 1 Coaxial & 1 phono input to connect a CD Player, Blu-Ray, turntables & more. Pairs with your smartphone via Bluetooth with the built-in DAC
- YPAO room calibration
- Voice control with Alexa and Google Assistant devices or Siri via AirPlay 2
- Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz/5 GHz, AirPlay 2, MusicPlay (iOS and Android) and Spotify Connect
- MusicCast multi-room audio and MusicCast Surround capable with MusicCast 20 or MusicCast 50 wireless surround speakers
- Dolby Vision, Hybrid-Log Gamma and BT.2020
- Pandora, Spotify, Napster, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Deezer, Qobuz, Amazon Music
- 4K/60, 4K/120AB, 8K/60B, HDMI 2.1 (via future update)
- Dolby Atmos and DTS: X
- HDMI with HDCP 2.3 and eARC (4 in / 1 out)
What to Look For in a best stereo receiver with airplay?
A valuable product is determined by many factors (included below). The process of researching the best stereo receiver with airplay is pretty significant because of these features related to the products. However, rest assured that we are here to support your challenges.
Having a closer look at the following factors would benefit you a lot. These are the most important things among various ones you need to consider:
Multi-zone Audio Feature
Automatic speaker calibration is an option on many receivers that makes it easier to calibrate the speakers. The receiver sends test sounds to each speaker and subwoofer, and monitors the sound with a microphone. This allows it to determine the size of the speaker, to measure distance between the speaker and the listener, and to check that the connections are correct. This technology is compatible with surround sound as well as traditional 2-channel home entertainment systems.
Total Harmonic Distortion
Inputs And Outputs
RELATED: We compiled a list of receivers and amplifiers of March 2023 that you can buy on the internet based on 4,850 reviews from former users.
Does An AV Receiver Improve Video Quality?Advanced video processing abilities can be found in some AV receivers that improve image quality. The best performance is only possible with high-end, expensive models.
Even if your receiver is not high-end, modern televisions are equipped with excellent video processing algorithms, which will produce a stunning picture, regardless of source.
Is An A/V Receiver Good For Gaming?You might find it possible, particularly if surround sound is important for immersive gaming. Before you purchase, make sure it supports the most recent standards, such as Dolby Atmos (one of the newer HDMI standards), and HDR compatibility. You can also find features like Auto Low Latency Mode and Variable Refresh rate support on the Denon AVRX4700H. While an A/V receiver doesn't need to be used for gaming, it is a great addition if surround sound is important.
What Is The Difference Between A Stereo Receiver And A Surround Sound Receiver?Stereo receivers have two channels, and can be used to play stereo audio. Surround sound receivers have five channels or more and can connect to surround sound speakers.
To get surround sound, most people desire surround sound speakers. Stereo amplifiers can be used to enhance the sound quality in your home.
What Is The Difference Between 5.2 And 7.2 Receivers?Five surround sound speakers can be connected to a 5.2 receiver, as well as two subwoofers. For the surround sound speakers, there are five options: front left, front right and center.
Seven channels are available for surround sound speakers, and two subwoofer channels. A 7.2 receiver can handle both. The 7.2 speaker arrangement is identical to a standard 5.1 setup, with two additional surround sound speakers at the back and one more in the back.
Which A/V Receivers Are Better For Music Or Movies?No. Music can reveal more about sound quality and character than movies soundtracks. Those who listen to music may prefer one brand over another.
What Is The Difference Between An AV Receiver And An Amplifier?An integrated amplifier that includes a preamplifier as well as a power amp in one box is called an AV receiver. It is also known as a receiver. It could be called an amplifier.
A receiver can be described as an integrated amplifier and a tuner that receives AM/FM radio signal. Technically speaking, an AV amplifier should not be used if it doesn't include a tuner. An AV receiver can be used, but it is still a common term.
What Is Upconverting In An AV Receiver?You connect the player to the receiver with one type of connection and expect that the receiver will output the video using another type.
You might, for example, connect an analog DVD player to the receiver and ask it to transmit this via HDMI.
Only the most expensive receivers are capable of upconverting different video inputs to HDMI output. You will need to transmit the component video signal through a component attached to the receiver if the receiver is unable to upconvert.
READ NEXT: The 10 Best Tablet 13 Inch Of 2023, Tested By Our Experts