The Best Surround Sound Satellite Speakers For 2023
1. Best Overall: Fluance Elite Surround Speakers
Fluance Elite Surround Speakers are the perfect fit for a home entertainment system. With Vivid bipolar surround sound, natural sound and seamless tone to match the Fluance SX Series and other high-quality systems, black ash wood finish. Read Review
2. Best Bang For The Buck: Monoprice Satellite Speakers
All speakers feature an attractive black finish and a convenient spring-loaded signal that handles up to 125 watts of power from your home theater receiver at frequencies from 150 Hz to 20 kHz. This speaker set features a 3.5mm audio input jack so it can be connected to just about anything. Read Review
3. Best Quality: AUNA Areal Active Speakers
The Areal Active Speakers are designed to deliver room-filling sound with a sleek modern look. With 15 Watts of power and side-mounted bass-reflex subwoofers, this compact speaker delivers smooth, distortion-free sound at any volume. They're also designed for easy control with the remote included. Read Review
4. Best Design: Polk Audio Satellite Speaker
Satellite Speakers are designed to give you a speaker that last and last. The Polk Audio Satellite is the perfect addition to your home theater system. With its unique current-shape design, Polk makes each speaker special to create a center-point surround sound. Read Review
5. Best Durable: Definitive Technology Speaker
Definitive Technology speakers are designed to deliver the finest sound in any room, no matter the size. With a sophisticated wireless speaker system and an imposing, sleek design using materials that blend into your home decor, Definitive Technology speakers will make your movies, music and games shine. Read Review
If you’re in the market for some new satellite speakers for your home audio system, you’ve come to the right place! A great set of satellite speakers can take your listening experience from merely okay to truly immersive. And, as an added bonus, they can also improve your local stereo imaging and soundstage, making it easier for you to pinpoint sounds coming from different directions in your room.
To help you get started with that quest, we’ve put together this guide on everything you need to know about buying the best home audio system speakers. In it, you’ll learn all about what makes satellite speakers a good fit for your specific setup and budget. You’ll also discover our top picks for the best surround sound satellite speakers so that when you finish reading this page, you know exactly where to go next with your search.
You can count on our team of experts who have spent over 18 hours conducting results through 7,364 real customer reviews. Because of this, We came to the conclusion that the best surround sound satellite speakers is Fluance Elite Surround Speakers. With a black ash wood finish, these speakers are perfect for your home theater system or for those who love a classy finish. And Monoprice Satellite Speakers is another choice for you while keeping the product's quality and functionality.
RELATED: Before we make some specific things, here is some information and explanation about 2000 watt speaker system for your preference.
Our Top Picks
Fluance Elite Surround Speakers
- Premium components ensure serious performance, natural sound and seamless timbre to match with the Fluance SX Series and other high quality systems
- Bipolar radiation pattern for optimum surround imaging
- Reproduce movie theater sound with immersive bipolar surrounds
- Expertly crafted engineered MDF wood cabinetry to reduce cabinet resonance, with a black ash wood finish
- Full lifetime parts and labor manufacturer's direct warranty with lifetime customer support
Best Bang For The Buck
Monoprice Satellite Speakers
- This speaker system features four satellite speakers and a center channel speaker for the mid- and high-range audio signals, plus an 8" powered subwoofer to handle the low frequencies. All the speakers come with an attractive black finish and convenient spring-loaded signal connectors.
- Surround yourself in high-fidelity with the Monoprice 5.1-channel Home Theater Speaker System!
- Also included in the box are four C brackets for mounting the satellite speakers to the wall and the necessary hardware for mounting the speakers to the brackets. A pair of plastic feet to properly orient the face of the center speaker is also included. Note that you will need to provide your own hardware for mounting the C brackets to the wall or other vertical surface.
- The center speakers use two 3" shielded mid-range cones, while the satellites employ one 3" cone and a 1/2" dome tweeter. However, don't let the small size fool you! These 8 ohm speakers will handle up to 125 watts of power from your home theater receiver at frequencies from 150 Hz to 20 kHz.
- The subwoofer is powered by a 60 watt (RMS) amplifier, driving a downward firing 8" cone. It can take either line or speaker-level inputs, so can be used with any amplifier, even older amps without dedicated subwoofer outputs. The subwoofer handles frequencies between 50 Hz to 250 Hz and includes adjustable crossover frequency and volume balance controls.
AUNA Areal Active Speakers
REMOTE CONTROL: The Bluetooth interface of the Auna Areal 5.1 surround sound system allows wireless streaming of music tracks via smartphones, tablets or laptops. Menus and sound settings can be comfortably and easily controlled via the supplied remote control, making it your perfect wireless home theatre system via bluetooth
POWERFUL SOUND: The central point of the AUNA Areal Active is its active subwoofer which powers the five satellite speakers. The side-firing bass reflex subwoofer produces a room-filling sound with 5 x 15 Watts + 50 Watts RMS power in combination with the satellite speakers.
MULTIFUNCTIONAL: Via the USB port and SD card reader, the 5.1 surround sound system communicates with portable MP3 storage devices, such as USB sticks and SD cards. Media from laptops, CD players or MP3 players can be played via the backside AUX input.
MOVIE THEATRES FEELING: With the Auna Areal 525 active 5.1 surround sound system, you can experience films, music, and video games even more intensively than you ever have before. The 5.1 input takes up the surround sound of DVD players and BluRay players.
STYLISH: The Auna Areal 525 5.1 sound system is visually appealing thanks to its elegant overall design, which can easily be integrated into most decorative styles. The satellite speakers impress with their high-gloss black housing and stand base. All this makes up for an elegant wirless surround sound system
Polk Audio Satellite Speaker
- EASY TO CONNECT AND OPERATE - No matter how you choose to set it up, the speaker easily connects to a receiver. Use them as front speakers, left-right surrounds, or rear surrounds for heightened effect
- CREATES A SOUNDSTAGE COMPARABLE TO ANY LARGE SYSTEM. Features a 2.5" driver and a 0.5" silk dome tweeter for more realistic audio detailing. The APERIODIC-TUNED REAR PORT delivers bass extension and boosts the audio on a shelf or against the wall
- POLK'S UNMATCHED QUALITY AT A SURPRISINGLY LOW PRICE. With this value-priced speaker, you can now enjoy premium audio, expert engineering, solid construction, and a spectacular theater experience right at home
- BUILD YOUR OWN 2.1, 3.1, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1 and BEYOND HOME THEATER SYSTEM - Create an immersive surround sound system by installing four to eight of these TL1 satellite speakers, a TL1 center channel and any subwoofer of your choice
- UNIQUE CURVED SHAPE BASED ON "TIME LENS TECHNOLOGY" – It is specially designed to align the acoustic centers of the tweeter and mid-bass in the same plane, making it feel like you are in the movie instead of just watching it
Definitive Technology Speaker
- MULTIPLE PLACEMENT OPTIONS – The included pedestal foot helps you safely place the speaker on a shelf or a ProStand (sold separately). For wall/ceiling mounting, use the rear-panel keyhole slot or a 1/4"-20 threaded insert on the back of the speaker
- SMALL SPEAKER, BIG SOUND – At a little over 8” tall, ProMonitor 800 features a proprietary 4-1/2" BDSS driver coupled to a 4-1/2" pressure-driven planar low-frequency radiator, and a 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter for DETAILED AUDIO and DEEP POWERFUL BASS
- VERSATILE USAGE - Use as standalone speakers in a 2.0 channel system, or in a 2.1 channel system with a powered subwoofer, or as satellite surround speakers in your existing home theater setup
- UNIQUE DESIGN FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE - The perpendicular woofer and bass radiator, with an elliptical cabinet reflects Definitive Technology's exemplary design engineering, capable of filling any room with three-dimensional surround sound
- CREATE A COMPLETE PROCINEMA SOUND SYSTEM FOR A THRILLING and IMMERSIVE CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE – With a ProCenter 2000 center channel, a ProSub Subwoofer and 4-8 ProMonitor 800 speakers, you can build an unbeatable home theater in your living room or bedroom
- LONGSTANDING BEST-SELLERS - The ProMonitors have been around for quite a while and are just as popular. These precision sound loudspeakers from Definitive Technology are the best sounding speakers to add to your home and will stand the test of time
JBL 52-WH Speaker
- 16 Ohms impedance and 140 Hz – 20 kHz frequency range
- Stylish, unobtrusive design fits into a wide variety of decors
- See the JBL Control 50S/T Surface-Mount Subwoofer for subwoofer base, or the JBL C50Pack for the complete speakers + sub system
- Ability to intermix with JBL Control 42C in-ceiling and JBL Control 62P pendant satellite speakers
- Wall-mount brackets included
Dayton Audio SAT-BK Speaker
- Indoor or outdoor use
- Optimized long-excursion woofers
- Flat, neutral frequency response
- Magnetically shielded to prevent interference with TV screens and computer monitors
- Excellent clarity and detail
Polk Audio TL 1 Satellite Speaker
2 1/2 inches Long Throw Drivers With Dynamic Balance Driver Technology
Time Lens Technology The acoustic centers of the tweeter and mid bass driver are located in the same plane for superior imaging
TL1 Satellite Aperiodic Tuned Rear Port enables better blending with a subwoofer
Combination Keyhole Slot & 1/4 inches x 20 Threaded Insert fits all aftermarket ceiling and wall brackets for ultimate flexibility
1/2 inches Silk Dome Tweeters for crisp, clear imaging and smooth response that's never tiring
Recommended amplifier power: 20W ? 100W into 8? on unclipped program
Dimensions (HxWxD): 9.8x4.5x6.4 inches
A flexible design: you can flip M-1 sideways to use as a center speaker and mount below your screen
Sleek and compact M-1 can be used on a shelf on its dedicated stands or wall-mounted using its swiveling foot
Use M-1 as a pair in a small room add a subwoofer for more bass or build a Mini Theater surround system
Mini Satellite Speaker
QUALITY SPEAKER AUDIO: With an 8-ohm impedance and a good frequency range, this pair of mini satellite speakers will be great as a compliment for your subwoofer and will also be a great upgrade for your home’s entertainment system
STYLISH, MINIMALISTIC DESIGN: Although this satellite speaker is styled to be less noticeable to keep you focused on what’s playing on the screen, it is also pleasing to the eye when looked at, keeping a black, sleek, and minimal aesthetic
BUILT TO LAST: Made with engineered ABS, this pair of satellite speakers will surely prove its longevity for long-term use. It also includes a ball-joint full-motion plastic bracket for surface mounting and allowing you to angle it to your liking
30 WATTS MAXIMUM POWER: Featuring a maximum power of 30 watts and an RMS of 10 watts, this pair of 3” satellite speakers will be the perfect combination for your subwoofer in your home theater, producing a fuller and clearer sound for your audio
GREAT FOR VARIOUS USES: This pair of satellite speakers can be used for home entertainment, multi-room, conference room, and more. It is also made to be compact and discreet for excellent sound quality and not eye-bugging for the audience
What to Look For in a best surround sound satellite speakers?
Types Of Speakers
There are many types of speakers, including floor-standing, bookcase, satellite, subwoofers, soundbar, portable and others. While some types, like on-wall speakers can be placed right away, others, such as in-ceiling or in-wall, may need special installations and/or fixtures, and are best plugged in within a few minutes. You have the option of wired or wireless speakers, as well as multi-channel surround sound or a stereo pair. Your personal preference should guide your decision.
You can connect a speaker via wired or wireless connectivity. An audio system that is wired would connect to the speakers where the sound comes from. A wireless subwoofer, on the other hand, will connect to speakers via Bluetooth or WiFi.
Listen to as many speakers models as you can with the music you are familiar with when shopping. To get an idea of the speaker that interests you, bring along CDs and flash drives with digital music.
You can also evaluate speakers by listening to live music. You should find the music to be natural and enjoyable for long periods.
Size And Styling
Matching With The Right Components
For performance reasons, it is best to stick with one brand of speaker if you are using surround sound or multichannel speakers. You may need to fine tune the mix-and match situation.
Do I Need A Subwoofer With My Speaker Setup? Will It Come With One?
It all depends. It depends on where you live. If not specified, most speakers don't come with subwoofers. However, soundbars usually do.
What Features Do The Best Overall Speakers Offer?
This all depends on your needs. Consider a portable, great-sounding speaker. Look for something that is weather-proof and can connect to multiple sources (e.g. Bluetooth, Wi Fi, auxiliary). You will also need plenty of power for times when you can't access a charger. You should consider features such as wattage and resistance. It's not a good idea to have a set of high-end hi-fi speakers which are difficult to blend in with your home.
Will Speakers Work With Any Receiver?
Although technically yes, you will need to match the impedance. You might also want to invest in a bigger, stronger amplifier to support larger speakers. It is better to have more power than less, but you should be cautious to not damage the speakers.
Will Speakers Accept A 3.5mm Input?
Most speakers have a 3.5mm input. Many amplifiers and receivers have an RCA input. However, you can connect a 3.5mm source with an adapter.
How Many Watts Is A Good Speaker?
The term "wattage" does not necessarily mean quality. It is simply a measurement of the power that a speaker can produce. A 1,000-watt speaker might be louder that a 100-watt one, but what matters most is how the engineer built the speaker. This includes everything, from the cabinet, drivers and woofers, to the tweeter.
Do Higher Watt Speakers Sound Better?
Not necessarily. There are some high-wattage speakers out there that sound amazing and pack a lot of power, but the majority of people will be happy with 50-watt bookshelf speakers. These speakers focus on engineering and design more than just pure power.
How Can You Improve Speaker Quality?
You can improve the quality of your speakers' sound by doing a few things. First, look around at the space where you listen. Moving a chair or couch could improve your listening experience. How about your speakers? You'll need to triangulate the seating arrangement to position you at the middle of the listening area, and your speakers pointed towards you.
Try placing your speakers on the ground. Instead, place them on shelves and speaker stands. Bookshelf speakers can often be matched with your height while seated.
Choosing the best surround sound satellite speakers for your purposes might be a difficult challenge. It is critical to remember what you want to achieve with the purchase as well as any factors that may influence your selection.
Whether it's as basic as reading reviews before purchasing or inspecting images of best surround sound satellite speakers on the market from numerous perspectives. When you wish to locate another one, you may also look at the JBL Professional C62P Speaker. Now, let’s pick one for you!
READ NEXT: The 10 Best Tablet 13 Inch Of 2023, Tested By Our Experts