The Best Surround Speaker System For 2023
1. Best Overall: Polk Audio T Series 3 Channel Home Theater Bundle
Whether you're a movie buff or an audiophile, Polk Audio speakers have the right product for you. The T Series 3 Channel Home Theater Bundle is designed to be compatible with most home theater recievers and give you many setup options. The 3.1 channel system can be used as-is, or if you want to upgrade to an immersive multi-room setup with 5.1, 7.1, 9.1 or more channels, they're available too. Read Review
2. Best For The Price: Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound
Bring your home entertainment to a whole new level with the Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System. With THX certified home theater speakers, you'll enjoy true cinema sound quality. This speaker system has four satellites and can be mounted on the wall. The flexible setup allows you to connect up to six devices - including computer, music player, TV and game consoles - via one system. Read Review
3. Best Efficient: Rockville HTS56 1000w 5.1 Channel Home Theater System/Bluetooth/USB+8" Subwoofer
Rockville HTS56 1000 watt, 5.1 Channel Home Theater System is a one stop solution for all your home theater needs. It features high power output of 1,000 watts at 8 ohms and can deliver deep, rich bass that is ideal for movie watching. The system comes with a bluetooth receiver, subwoofer and 8 inch subwoofer to deliver amazing sound quality. Read Review
4. Best Reliable: Klipsch Black Reference Theater Pack 5.1 Surround Sound System
The Klipsch Reference Theater Pack delivers a superior acoustic experience with an incredibly minimal footprint. Klipsch's exclusive Tractrix Horn and aluminum Tweeter technologies deliver the cleanest, most natural sound possible. The down-firing wireless subwoofer is designed to deliver room-filling low frequencies without requiring too much floor space. Read Review
The best surround speaker system is one that enhances the listening experience and makes you feel like you’re right there in the action. With so many different systems on the market, it can be tricky to find the perfect one for your setup. That’s why we’ve created this handy little guide to help you find the ideal setup for your home entertainment space.
Whether you have a smaller room or a larger living area, there is a surround speaker system out there for you! Let’s take a look at some of the most important factors when choosing an ideal surround speaker system.
Our experts have determined the models that would be the greatest fit for your requirements, specifically Polk Audio T Series 3 Channel Home Theater Bundle, after doing extensive study and analysis over a considerable time. Consider Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound as an alternative if you're still undecided. Other suggestions on this list are definitely worth considering, and we've put up a useful shopping guide to help you decide!
RELATED: We discovered 10 good home sound system from 5,834 evaluations from former users. Check it out here and find the best.
Our Top Picks
- Polk speakers are COMPATIBLE WITH MOST HOME THEATER AV RECEIVERS giving you many setup options. Use this 3.1 channel system as is or upgrade to an immersive multi-room setup with 5.1, 7.1, 9.1 or more channels
- All speakers, including the sub, are equipped with POLK’S PROPRIETARY DYNAMIC BALANCE TECHNOLOGY with wider dispersion & minimal distortions so every listener in the room hears UNSURPASSED THREE-DIMENSIONAL SURROUND SOUND WITH HEART-THUMPING BASS
- POLK'S UNMATCHED QUALITY AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE. With these value-priced speakers, you can now enjoy premium acoustics, high quality construction, easy setup and a spectacular theater experience right at home
- MASSIVE SOUND FROM 11 SPEAKERS – The center channel speaker features (2) 5.25” drivers & a 1” tweeter, and each tower has a 6.5” driver, 1” tweeter & (2) 6.5” Bass Radiators that produce a well-balanced, room-filling sound
Best For The Price
Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound
- 5.1 digital surround sound: Hear every detail in your Dolby Digital and DTS soundtracks the way the studio intended. Sub woofer: 165 Watts
- System Requirements: Works with any device with either a headphone jack (3.5 millimeters), RCA, six channel direct, digital coaxial input or optical inputs. Signal to noise ratio, A weighted: >95dB
- Delivers a continuous 500 watts of power, with the ability to deliver a peak of 1,000 watts under certain circumstances: Thunderous, room shaking audio with deep bass you can feel
- Flexible setup: Connect upto six devices : Computer, music player, TV, game console and more; Infared remote
- Easy sound control: Compact control console and wireless remote let you instantly personalize your surround sound experience
- THX certified home theater speakers: Your assurance of true cinema quality sound. Satellites : 4 x 67 W, wall mountable
Rockville HTS56 1000w 5.1 Channel Home Theater System/Bluetooth/USB+8" Subwoofer
- Optical input to connect to your TV. FM Antenna Input. Full Function Remote. The Subwoofer unit has 4 LED lighting modes: (blink to the beat, solid on, spectrum EQ analyzer, off) and selectable with 7 colors or multi-color mode.
- Zero distortion can be heard even with volume and bass settings all the way up! The sound on this system is better than anything even that cost twice the price!. Cable Length: Front L/F: 12Ft, Rear L/R: 30Ft, Center: 10Ft. Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20KHz. Certification: CE and RoHS Compliant. Signal to noise ratio: ≥70dB (Maximum output with THD+N < 1%)
- HTS56 5.1 Channel Home Theater System with LED Light Effects. Plug and play system with everything you need right out of the box. 1000-Watts Peak Power. 500-Watts Program Power. 250-Watts Continuous RMS Power. 8” Subwoofer with Built-In Receiver. 1x 3” Center Channel Speaker.
- 2x 3” Full Range Front Channel Speakers. 2x 3” Full Range Rear Channel Speakers. Top Quality MDF Wood Cabinets with Plastic Front Panels. Built-In FM Receiver with Amazing Reception. Built-In Optical input to connect to your Television. Digital Display. Selectable preset equalizer curves.
- You can independently control the volume of each speaker and the subwoofer. Bluetooth v2.1. USB Input (max file size 16Gb). SD Input (max file size 16Gb). 2 ¼” MIC Inputs with Echo function for karaoke. 5 RCA Audio Outputs. 6 RCA DVD Audio Inputs. 2 RCA AUX Inputs.
- The reference theater pack brings the Klipsch cinematic sound into your home with an incredibly minimal footprint
- Klipsch's exclusive Tractrix Horn technology and aluminum Tweeters deliver the cleanest, most natural sound possible. The down-firing wireless subwoofer is designed to deliver room-filling low frequencies without requiring too much floor space
- The Klipsch reference theater pack delivers a superior acoustic performance while keeping an incredibly minimal footprint
- To complement the easy placement of the wireless subwoofer, each satellite speaker has a keyhole mount and a threaded insert for maximum mounting flexibility
- 200 watt Energy subwoofer with front firing port and 8" driver and patented Ribbed Elliptical Surround(TM)
- Perfect for a large or small space surround sound solution
- 4 gloss black 2-way Energy satellite speakers
- Wall mountable
- 1 gloss black Energy center channel
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX - Acoustic Audio by Goldwood AA5210 powered subwoofer speaker, 5 passive wired satellite speakers, full function remote, 3.5mm to RCA cable, 2 RCA to RCA jack cables, instruction manual
- HIGHEST QUALITY - Powered subwoofer speaker is 11" x 6.25" x 12.5", 20Hz-20 kHz, 5 wired satellite speakers are 6.875" x 4.125" x 4" each, 2 fronts and center satellite speakers have a 6 foot single RCA cable, 2 rear speakers have 12 foot single RCA cables
- BLUETOOTH 5.1 HOME THEATER SPEAKER SYSTEM - Stream music from your phone to the built in Bluetooth receiver, integrated power amp with 600 watts system power, Pro Surround function converts stereo to 5.1 sound, LED illuminated sub with multi color and pattern flashing light display
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS - Standard US 110V grounded wall plug, any audio device with a standard 3.5mm headphone or RCA stereo or RCA 6 channel surround audio outputs. Use for TV or home entertainment, laptop or PC, DVD or MP3 player, gaming
- EASY PLUG AND PLAY CONNECTIONS - Standard RCA inputs connect to most audio sources, 6 independent RCA inputs for true surround, stereo RCA AUX inputs, illuminated display with front panel controls, USB drive input and SD card input, full function remote
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric
Best Audio Performance
Yamaha YHT-4950U 4K Ultra HD 5.1-Channel Home Theater System
- Your purchase includes: 1 AV receiver, 5 speakers, 1 Sub-Woofer and Speaker wire
- Bluetooth for streaming all your favorite music and podcasts. No wireless functionality
- Technical specs: HDMI – 4 | Standby Power Consumption – ≤ 0.2 W | Frequency Response – 28Hz/25kHz
- Easy setup with Yamaha YPAO room optimization and flexible speaker placement options, including virtual cinema front
- Dimensions: AV Receiver – 17” W x 6” H x 12” D | Four Speakers (each) – 4” W x 6” H x 4” D | Center speaker – 10” W x 4” H x 4” D | Subwoofer – 11” W x 11” H x 13” D
- MEDIA INPUTS: There are additional ports to access your media using the USB thumb drive and an SD card slot.
- POWERFUL SOUND: This 5.1 surround sound system with 15 watts per channel and 50 watts for the subwoofer/receiver delivering a total of 125 watts!
- COMPLETE SYSTEM: All-in-one ready to use home theater system right out of the box. All you need to do is connect the appropriate cables and power it up!
- BLUETOOTH FEATURE: Bluetooth connectivity for a more versatile experience, you can connect with most Bluetooth devices to stream wireless.
- RGB LIGHTS: The RGB lighting system will pulse to the beat or slowly change between colors while in use.
Acoustic Audio by Goldwood HD728 Flush Mount In-Wall/Ceiling Home Theater Speakers
- Butyl rubber Surrounds, pivoting titanium tweeters, Rectangular cut out 8.75" X 12.66", overall 10.125" X 14.25", depth 4", round cut out 9.5", overall 11", depth 4", low profile housings
- Acoustic Audio 9 piece home speaker 2-way set, 4 hd-800 wall speakers, 30hz-22 kHz, 98dB, 2 hd-8 ceiling speakers, 38hz-22 kHz, 98dB, 20-350w per speaker, 8ohm, 8" Woven fiber bulletproof woofers
- Hd-6c wall center Channel 3-way speaker, 20-350 watts, 33hz-22 kHz, two 6.5" Woofers, 12mm soft dome tweeter, cut out is 19.25" X 7.5", overall is 20.5" X 8.75", depth: 3.25"
- 2 HDS10 wall passive Sub speakers, 20-300w each, 26hz-200hz, 10" Woofers, cut out is 10.625" X 10.625", overall is 12" X 12", depth is 3.75", these passive subs require a Ws1005 Sub amp each
- Use for in wall or in ceiling home entertainment, surround sound, home theater, multiple room systems, This Listing and price is for complete 9 piece in wall and in ceiling speaker set
- A MODERN SPACE-SAVING SYSTEM – This compact 5.1 channel home theater gives you a 3-dimensional surround sound experience with clean, rich audio. Includes 4 satellite speakers, 1 center channel & a 250 watt Powered Subwoofer for DEEPER, ROOM-FILLING BASS
- EXCELLENT VOICE CLARITY RIGHT FROM THE CENTER – The high-performance center channel is EQUIPPED WITH THE MOST ADVANCED DRIVERS - a 1" Tweeter, (2) 3.25" Mid/Woofer BDSS Drivers & (2) 3.25" Bass Radiators for precise and surprising sound reproduction
- SOPHISTICATED SOUND AT AN UNBEATABLE PRICE – Definitive Technology continues to innovate and produces premium range of speakers and home entertainment systems with timeless, purposeful and rational designs, now made at an affordable price
- SURPRISINGLY BIG SOUND FROM SURROUNDS – You'll feel you're in the middle of the action with the (4) satellite speakers that sing. Each satellite has a 1" Tweeter, a 3.25" BDSS woofer and a bass radiator of the same size
What to Look For in a best surround speaker system?
A range of elements, including those listed below, influence the best surround speaker system. The study process varies depending on the material. We'll be able to assist you and provide solutions since we're here to help you.
Please keep in mind the following points before selecting best surround speaker system:
Number And Type Of Connections
Home theatre systems that are receiver-based can be purchased in many channels. These channels include 5.1, 7.1.1, and 9.1. This number indicates the total number of speakers and subwoofers in the system.
Wireless Vs. Wired
Wireless speaker systems are popular because they're easy to install. Wireless systems can be moved around easily and used in different locations. You can also use the wireless speakers outdoors, such as on your patio.
Apps And Connectivity
You can also control the receivers via compatible apps. This allows you to adjust settings and switch between different content from your smartphone.
Surround Sound Technology
RELATED: We researched on 16,167+ customer reviews to create a list of top 10 best stereo system in 2023. Check them here.
What Wattage Should I Get For My Home Theater System?Performance is just like performance in cars. The more horsepower you have, the bigger and better your theater will sound. It will sound even louder if you crank it up. It is strange but true that a louder theater can actually produce more goosebumps at lower volume levels.
You should ensure that you use the recommended minimum power for the speakers. A doubling in power is required to hear volume changes up to three decibels. This means that you have 70 watts of power per channel and you desire a significantly higher sound level. You'd need 140 Watts to do this.
How Do You Make Your Rear Speakers Wireless?Although you can add wired speakers to your rear using a wireless adapter, it is still not ideal. Some manufacturers offer wireless surround speaker systems that can be used wirelessly if necessary.
How Big A Screen Should I Get?For many, this may be the most important question. For a true cinema experience, a large screen is essential. It all depends on how you want to seat and what size the space is. In medium-sized theatres, 120 inches is the most common screen size. A minimum distance for a screen that large is around 10 feet. For every foot of screen size, the average seating distance is between 10 and 12 inches. Some people prefer to be closer in order to get the best experience. Others don't like being as close. This can be achieved in multi-row seating arrangements - maybe the children will prefer the front row.
How Many Watts Home Theater Do I Need?Your theater will sound better if you have more power under your hood. Strangely, but true, high-power theaters sound louder when they are at lower volume levels. 125 watts per channel would be the best power level to maintain without worrying about running out.
Can I Use A Flat-screen TV For The Display?It is possible, it may be suitable for small spaces. If you decide to go this route, an OLED set of high quality from LG is a great choice. OLED panels are perfect for film because they have excellent color reproduction and great black levels. OLED panels are larger than other projectors and measure 88 inches in height. You should also consider that black bars can reduce screen real estate when you view 21:9 wide format film, which is a popular format used for theatrical releases.
How Many Speakers Do I Need?You will need five or more speakers to create a surround sound system. Dolby Atmos enabled setups should include at least five speakers. A good system should have at least five, seven or nine principal speakers. Your space limitations and your budget will determine the amount of speakers you select. You should ensure that your home theater receiver has sufficient input and output options for the speakers you have chosen.
What Is The Best Speaker Setup?A surround sound system consists of two speakers at the front and two speakers in the center. Two surround speakers are located behind your viewer. One subwoofer is included. Two speakers can be added to either side of the viewer in a seven-speaker setup. For larger rooms there are nine-speaker systems. These have two speakers next to the viewer on either side. There are also additional speakers at 70 degrees from your viewers. These traditional layouts can be enhanced by Dolby Atmos overhead speakers, which create an immersive, more real-life experience.
When updated data are available, our system and editor will update a list of best surround speaker system. Please periodically review our website for the newest data.
We can help you with more than just finding best surround speaker system. Please do not hesitate to contact us when you need assistance.
READ NEXT: The 10 Best Tablet 13 Inch Of 2023, Tested By Our Experts