The Best Turntable To Play Vinyl Records For 2023
1. Best Overall: Audio-Technica AT-LP120XUSB-BK Direct-Drive Turntable
With a cool design and plenty of useful functions, this turntable is super popular among music fans. Read Review
2. Best For The Price: Fluance RT81 Elite High Fidelity Vinyl Turntable
This model has an elegant look with great sound reproduction, along with enough necessary features. Read Review
3. Best Suitcase Design: Victrola Vintage 3-Speed Bluetooth Portable Suitcase Record Player
This record player is known for its unique aesthetic design and multiple options for colors. Read Review
4. Best Turntable Speakers Combo: 1 BY ONE Bluetooth Turntable HiFi System
With added speakers, this turntable system will offer listeners the best powerful room-filling audio. Read Review
Streaming music through speakers or smart devices is convenient, but nothing beats the nostalgic feeling from a turntable. Also, the sound produced by these machines is richer, warmer, and more engaging than that produced by digital players.
Although most record albums are costly, they are quite fragile. If you are a music enthusiast and a new record collector, we suggest investing in a good record player, so those valuable LP records won’t be scratched or ruined.
One of the most popular units on the market is currently the Audio-Technica AT-LP120XUSB-BK Direct-Drive Turntable with incredible audio performance. Be sure to check out our other top picks for the best turntables to play vinyl records. Whether you’re inclined toward the appearance or the price, our list got it all.
RELATED: Take a look at the top 10 best turntable with bluetooth for you. Our personalized shopping guides help you compare and choose the best products.
Our Top Picks
- Convert your vinyl records to digital audio files by downloading and using the free Mac- and PC-compatible Audacity recording software (or software of your choice)
- Fully manual operation featuring adjustable dynamic anti-skate control, variable pitch control with quartz speed lock, and balanced S-shaped tonearm with hydraulically damped lift control and lockable rest
- Experience the high-fidelity audio of vinyl
- Direct-drive, DC servo motor with selectable 33/45/78 RPM speeds. Damped base construction for reduced low-frequency feedback coloration
- Includes: USB cable, detachable RCA output cable (dual RCA male to dual RCA male), AC adapter, 45 RPM adapter, counterweight, felt mat, and removable hinged dust cover
Best For The Price
Fluance RT81 Elite High Fidelity Vinyl Turntable
Solid, weighty presentation and attractive and well-engineered Rhythmically and dynamically able with Built-in phono stage It is easy to set up and has convenient features
Bettered elsewhere in a hotly contested market
- SOLID WOOD PLINTH - The beautiful walnut finished cabinet is crafted from solid engineered (MDF) wood, incorporates isolation feet, an aluminum platter and a rubber slip mat which results in superior isolation from unwanted vibrations
- CAPTIVATING SIGNAL CLARITY - Incorporating a high quality built-in Texas Instruments preamp, ground terminal and gold plated RCA line outputs that ensures warm, true sound
- SUPERIOR RECORD TRACKING - Enjoy perfect playback using the balanced aluminum S-Type tonearm ensuring the stylus is rested deep in your record's groove, producing every audio detail indistinguishable from the original recording
- PURE ANALOG LISTENING EXPERIENCE - Premium components allow this high fidelity belt driven turntable to recreate the performance the way the artist intended
- HIGH PERFORMANCE CARTRIDGE - The Audio Technica AT95E featuring a diamond elliptical tipped stylus is designed to track your record grooves with greater precision & accuracy for high definition audio
Best Suitcase Design
Victrola Vintage 3-Speed Bluetooth Portable Suitcase Record Player
- A RECORD PLAYER THAT SUITS YOUR PERSONALITY - Combined with Victrola’s unparalleled sound quality and exquisite craftsmanship, and a wide range of styles, patterns and colors to choose from, get ready to create lifelong music memories
- TAKE YOUR TUNES ANYWHERE - Housed in a vintage suitcase with an easy carry handle, Victrola's blend of retro and contemporary design give you the ultimate flexibility to listen to music where you want and how you want – a great choice for vinyl lovers. Clean only with a dry cloth
- EXPANDED CONNECTION OPTIONS - Stream smartphone audio through the turntable’s built-in Bluetooth speakers. Easily connect external speakers via the stereo RCA outputs, or use the Line input for non-Bluetooth devices like a CD player. For personal listening, connect your headphones to the headphone jack.
- NO STEREO SYSTEM OR EXTRA EQUIPMENT REQUIRED. Get it up and running in minutes. Retro looks combined with the convenience of modern technology makes this affordable record player ideal for beginners & vintage enthusiasts
- ALL THE CONTROLS YOU NEED - Features an Input select knob, Power/Volume Knob & an Auto stop switch that stops spinning records once the record is finished playing.
- THREE SPEED BELT-DRIVEN TURNTABLE - This 3-speed (33 1/3, 45, 78 rpm) suitcase record player features UPGRADED PREMIUM SOUND QUALITY and sits on sound isolating feet that prevent vibration. It is perfect for your living room, bedroom or office.
Best Turntable Speakers Combo
1 BY ONE Bluetooth Turntable HiFi System
Comes with an iron platter Helps in producing perfect stability and rotation Comes with an instruction manual that offers easy installation Allow easy connection with speakers.
It is not suitable for beginners.
- Adjustable counterweight force, essential for any serious classic Turntable, Tonearm counterweight coupled with the advanced anti-skating system produces smooth stylus movement and tunes out skipping and distortion
- Solid iron platter, precision-manufactured iron platter produces uniform inertial mass for perfect stability and rotation, Brings high-fidelity playback to the next level, Please watch the 3-minute Quick Installation video for easy installation
- Vinyl Recording Via PC, Connect this turntable to your computer via usb and encode vinyl audio into MP3s for digitalized storage and playback on your computer, smartphone or tablet
- Great connectivity, Built-in switchable phono line and pre-amplifier allow connection to the set of included speakers or to your own externally-powered speakers via the dual RCA output cables
- Wireless streaming, play music from all your favorite devices like iPhones, Android smartphones, tablets, PCs and usb-mp3 players through the turntable’s speakers with Bluetooth function
Best Standing Turntable
Crosley CR6233E-TN Dansette Bermuda Turntable
- Power source type: corded electric
- Bluetooth connectivity lets you easily play your vinyl on your favorite wireless speaker, or stream your music wirelessly to the built-in speakers
- Portable audio ready with auxiliary input
- Portable turntable comes complete with matching stand
- Adjustable pitch control
- Belt driven turntable mechanism plays two speeds: 33 1/3 and 45 RPM records
Best For Beginners
ANGELS HORN AT-3600L Vinyl Record Player
- 🎶Built-In Phono Preamp And Line Output: Built-in Phono Preamp can perform and appreciate the music life brought to you by the record player on any amplifier. ANGELS HORN turntable includes both Phono and Line outputs that allows play with or without a Phono equalizer.
- 【Wireless Connectivity】Built-in Bluetooth 5.0, you can enjoy your vinyl collection with all the convenience of wireless technology. Connect via Bluetooth technology to listen to your favorite records on your wireless speakers, soundbar or headphones. Remove the troubles caused by the audio cable, and upgrade the grade from the visual and auditory sense.
- 🎶High-Quality Cartridge: Included high-quality Stereo Dual Moving Magnet Type AT-3600L cartridge. Make ANGELS HORN turntable a more perfect interpretation of the beautiful melody, allowing ANGELS HORN turntable to exert the ultimate quality, While a universal headshell allows users to change cartridges with ease.
- 🎶Adjustable Counterweight And Anti-Skating Weight: Any classic turntable is a must-have standard accessory, you can adjust the weight and anti-slip force to ensure the control of Cartridge the stylus sits perfectly inside the record's correct groove and stable turntable sound quality, maintain the clarity and channel balance of vinyl record sound quality, And to avoid noise and distortion, and scratches on vinyl records and styluses.
- 🎶Two-Speed Turntable (33 1/3 And 45 RPM): Belt drive system and DC servo motor can make the iron turntable rotate at 33 1/3 or 45 RPM. The rotation speed can be selected according to the speed of the vinyl record, so that the turntable can perfectly interpret the vinyl record to your High-quality music life.
Victrola Aviator 8-in-1 Bluetooth Record Player
- 8-in-1 ENTERTAINMENT CENTER – With vintage looks & modern features, this turntable plays and records your Vinyls to MP3. It has a CD & cassette player, FM radio, Bluetooth, Aux & headphone jack for audio streaming from your smartphone
- HIGH QUALITY DESIGN & FINISHING – Victrola's 115-year commitment to craftsmanship is evident in the stylish retro real wood case, strong hinges, high quality fabric grilles, gentle lifting mechanism and well-balanced sound
- EXPANDED CONNECTION OPTIONS – Extend the sound by connecting external speakers or an amplifier via the RCA Line outputs. For personal listening, plug your headphones into the headphone jack
- ALL THE CONTROLS YOU NEED – Features a volume knob, FM tuner and easy click buttons for input select, power, play/pause/forward/rewind, eject, program, shuffle, repeat, PLUS MP3 BUTTONS FOR RECORDING AND DELETING and a full function remote control!
- THREE SPEED BELT-DRIVEN TURNTABLE – This 3-speed (33 1/3, 45, 78 rpm) record player features UPGRADED PREMIUM SOUND QUALITY with minimum vibrations. It is perfect for your living room, bedroom or office and a great choice for vinyl lovers
- NO STEREO SYSTEM OR EXTRA EQUIPMENT REQUIRED. Get it up and running in minutes. Retro looks combined with the convenience of modern technology make this record player a great value - ideal for beginners & vintage enthusiasts alike
Another Suitcase Option
Crosley CR8009B-SEA Discovery Vintage Belt-Driven Suitcase Turntable
- Headphone jack for private listening
- Portable belt-driven turntable plays 3 speeds: 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM records
- Bluetooth out function allows you to easily connect the Discovery to Bluetooth enabled speakers; or use the RCA out to connect to your existing stereo system
- Aux-in and Bluetooth receiver let you stream your favorite digital playlists directly to the built-in stereo speakers
- Ready to play right out of the box with adjustable pitch control to fine tune your records
- Included Components: Turntable, Dual Rca (Male) To Dual Rca (Male) Stereo Cable, 45 Rpm Adapter, Rubber Mat, And Removable Hinged Dust Cover
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC Turntable
- Increased platter size with more weight
- 8.6" carbon tonearm
- New Sorbothane motor suspension
- Precision belt drive with synchronous motor
- Ortofon 2M Red cartridge
What to Look For in a best turntable to play vinyl records?
You may know that shopping is one of the essential activities in a human being’s life. Selecting the best product will affect your daily life. However, which factors can make this purchase effective? If you are looking for best turntable to play vinyl records for your demands, you will waste your time with incorrect data. But it would be best if you weren’t so nervous about that. We have a group of experts to research best turntable to play vinyl records, and they’ve given reliable information.
There are lots of essential things you should keep in mind. On the other, just some of them are most focused. Here are the critical factors related to buying best turntable to play vinyl records you may want:
Adjusting the track force can be delicate, but this is worth it to improve sound quality. You also have a lower chance of damaging your records by too much downward force.
Adjusting the counterweight at the back of your tonearm can change the tracking force. First, balance the tonearm horizontally. Next, twist the counterweight to get the right downforce (as indicated in the instruction).
Styluses And Cartridges
The stylus, or "needle", is what sits inside the grooves of the record. It is crucial to choose the right shape for the stylus. An elliptical stylus will pick up more information than one that has a conical surface because it touches more records. Audiophiles also believe that conical styluses work better with old records because they take up more space after the groove has been expanded through repeated plays.
The stylus is held in the cartridge, which converts its movements into electric signals. The most popular cartridge types are moving magnet (MM), and moving coil (MC). Most turntables will use MM cartridges because they areer and more convenient to change needles. However, MC cartridges can be lighter and pick up more groove changes than MM cartridges. They are also more costly.
The extra electric signals along the tonearm and the mechanical movement are what audio purists believe affect the sound. Full-auto, however, is the best option if you don't want to have to stand up for half an hour every time.
Models with direct drive motors are mounted beneath the platter. In a belt drive, the motor is attached to one end by a rubber belt. The turntable can be spun at higher speeds and is compacted by direct drives. Belt models, on the other hand, isolate any extra noise from the motor.
Some turntables come with switchable preamps that can be switched on and off depending on the plugging device.
How Many Times Can You Listen To A Vinyl Record?The vinyl record is a great resource for work. The record can be listened to over 100 times with no loss of sound quality.
How To Make The Turntable Louder?If the phonostage isn't connected correctly or not properly, your turntable might play slowly. A properly sized, wired and connected phonostage is the best way to unlock your turntable's potential.
What Makes One Turntable Sound Better Than Another?You need to take into account many factors. The quality of both the stylus and cartridge is important. Some turntables simply have more features, which allow for better accuracy and less vibration.
What’s An Automatic Turntable?A turntable that is automatic uses a combination of automatic features and a tonearm to lift itself from its resting place and position itself above your record for playback. After the track has finished, the device will automatically lift from its resting place and go back to the original position.
This is a preferred method by some users as it reduces the amount of effort required to stop and play your turntable. However, this does not mean you can't manually lift the tonearm. It's still possible.
Do I Need A Preamp For My Turntable?Both yes and no. A preamp is necessary for every turntable to convert its sounds into something your record player can hear, as well as other audio devices.
Because most turntables have their preamp built in, it's not necessary. If this is the case then you don't need a separate preamp.
However, we understand that not everyone wants to improve their sound and decide to purchase a preamp separately. For more information, if you are one of these people, please see our next question.
Is It Bad To Leave A Record On The Turntable?It is. It is a habit that even certified audiophiles sometimes forget to put their records in their jackets, but it's important to always do this.
Your record will be more likely to get damaged or dirty if it is not kept out in the open. You're guilty of this habit, but at the very least you should not forget to close the dust cover.
Can You Connect A Turntable Directly To Speakers?It all depends on whether the connectors in your device can accommodate your speakers. Most of them will. It shouldn't be a problem connecting your turntable and its speakers.
Overall, the statistics we described here are not all of them. Instead, we always freshen it up continually as the data is updated and available. It would be best to remember things we mentioned above, including brand’s value, product’s value, product’s highlights, important specs, customer ratings & reviews.
Our readers, you guys, are always respected and treated with top priority so that you are supposed to receive the most up-to-date information on our site. You should feel free to contact us for support with the product’s problems. Thanks for reading, and we wish you a happy shopping.
READ NEXT: The 10 Best Av Amp Of 2023, Tested By Our Experts