The Best Tv Mount Above Fireplace For 2023
1. Best Of The Best: ECHOGEAR Tilting TV Wall Mount for TV Above A Fireplace
The ECHOGEAR Tilting TV Wall Mount for TV Above A Fireplace is the perfect solution for mounting your TV above a fireplace. The mount's extendable design makes it perfect for getting the best viewing angle when mounting above your mantel. The simple 3-step install process means this mount is easy to install and use, even if you're not handy around the house. Read Review
2. Runner Up: MantelMount MM340 Above Fireplace Pull Down TV Mount
The MantelMount MM340 Above-Fireplace Pull Down TV Mount is an elegant solution for mounting your TV in a fireplace or over a mantel. This mount features a full range of motion up to 27" vertical travel, 30° swivel left/right, and 19" off-the-wall. Its pull down handles allow for ease of use, while the patented features include auto-straightening and gas piston auto-stabilization. Read Review
3. Best Safety: VIVO Counterbalance inch LCD LED TV Wall Mount, Above Fireplace
This innovative VIVO Counterbalance inch LCD LED TV Wall Mount is designed to be compatible with TVs of all shapes and sizes. Featuring a pneumatic spring which accommodates any weight, this wall mount will make your TV installation easy. With full articulation, you can tilt your screen up to 10 degrees, swivel it up to 90 degrees, and adjust the height easily. Read Review
4. Best Connectivity: MantelMount MM540 - Above Fireplace Pull Down TV Mount
MantelMount MM540 - Above Fireplace Pull Down TV Mount by GK Multimedia is a full range, full motion, and up to 27" vertical travel wall mount for large TVs. It features a 30° swivel left/right or 60° one-way feature and 9° adjustable tilt. The MantelMount also has a heat sensor handle and auto-straightening capability to ensure your TV will never scratch the wall! Read Review
A fireplace is a great source of ambiance in a home, but it can also be a big challenge. You need to find the right spot for your fireplace and you need to make sure that your TV fits in the frame too. If you have a modern design or an old-fashioned home, the right tv mount above the fireplace can help you achieve the look that you want.
The right television mount can help you watch TV without having to deal with cables. That’s why we’ve compiled this guide with all of our recommendations on the best tv mount above the fireplace. From wall-mounted models to tilting and satellite-ready designs, there’s something here for everyone - whether you have a small or large space and whether your budget is limited or not either!
In the end, we concluded that ECHOGEAR Tilting TV Wall Mount for TV Above A Fireplace was the most highly recommended. Other options presented here are certainly worthy of your attention, and to assist you in making an informed choice, we have compiled a helpful shopping guide.
RELATED: We collect data on 44,718 evaluations from consumers provide everything to pick best wall mounts for tv in 2023 for you.
Our Top Picks
- Get the maximum amount of tilt no matter how big your TV is. Tilt 15º to eliminate screen glare on any TV up to 86".
- Mounting above the fireplace? You're fancy. You're also in luck: This mount's extendable design is perfect for getting the best viewing angle when mounting above the mantel.
- Mount extension means easy cable access. As a bonus, it swivels 10º left and right, name another tilt mount that can do that.
- LG TV? TCL? Vizio? Samsung? Not a problem. Our included hardware kit provides a wide assortment of spacers & screws to accommodate any brand of television up to 86”.
- Includes a ton of premium features like a wall drilling template, horizontal shift for centering, and post-install leveling to get the perfect finish. The simple 3-step install process is DIY project anyone can handle.
- Popular Features: Pull Down Handles, Adjustable Stops and Cable Management | Patented Features: TV Auto-Straightening and Gas Piston Auto-Stabilization
- Full Range Motion: Up to 27" Vertical Travel, 30° Swivel Left/Right and 19" Off-The-Wall
- Buy With Confidence: UL Listed, Limited Lifetime Warranty, 100% Guarantee
- Specs: Reaches Studs Up to 24" Apart, TV Weight: 20 to 90 lbs, TV Size: 44"-80", VESA: Up to 600mm x 600mm
- HUGE SALE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST: Take $12 Off the MM340 While Supplies Last (use coupon above). Watch the Product Video in the Image Gallery to See the MM340 In Action.
- Full Articulation - Features +10 to -15 degree screen tilt, +90 to -90 degree swivel, and a 12.5” range of height adjustment for the best viewing angles
- We've Got You Covered - Sturdy steel design is backed with a 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty and friendly tech support to help with any questions or concerns
- Counterbalance Pneumatic Spring - Adjusts to your TV’s weight for easy screen placement. TV must weigh at least 17 lbs for counterbalance to work. Installs to wood studs and concrete/brick walls for regular and above fireplace placement
- Fits VESA - 75x75mm, 100x100mm, 200x100mm, 200x200mm, 300x300mm, 400x200mm, and 400x400mm
- Compatibility - Fits flat screens 40" to 70" in size, weighing between 17 lbs and 66 lbs
MantelMount MM540 - Above Fireplace Pull Down TV Mount
- HUGE SALE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST: Take $100 Off the MM540 While Supplies Last (use coupon for $30). Watch the Product Video in the Image Gallery to See the MM540 In Action.
- Must-Have Features: Paintable Wall Covers, Soundbar Attachment, Cable Management, Adjustable Stops | Patented Features: Heat Sensor Handles, TV Auto-Straightening, Gas Piston Auto-Stabilization
- Buy With Confidence: UL Listed, Limited Lifetime Warranty, 100% Guarantee
- Full Range Motion: Up to 27" Vertical Travel, 30° Swivel Left/Right or 60° One Way , 9° Adjustable Tilt & 19" Off-The-Wall
- Specs: TV Weight: Reaches Studs Up to 24" Apart, 20 to 90 lbs, TV Size: 44"-80", VESA: Up to 600mm x 600mm
- Electric Motor - The powerful, smooth motor makes finding the ideal viewing height easier than ever! Enjoy a 101° pull angle and height range up to 23” with just the press of a button. Once the ideal height is set, the screen can be manually swiveled +25° to -25° for added flexibility.
- We've Got You Covered - Sturdy steel design is backed with a 3-year Manufacturer Warranty and friendly tech support to help with any questions or concerns.
- Ergonomic Screen Placement - Designed to elevate your TV screen to a position which reduces strain on the neck, back, and eyes, this durable mount ensures convenience and enjoyment for your guests.
- Programmable Remote - Control your TV mount from anywhere in the room, and save memory locations so you can easily find the perfect viewing position time and time again!
- VIVO Mantel TV Mounts - This motorized TV mount goes right above your fireplace for comfortable viewing. Fits 37” to 70” screens weighing up to 77 lbs with VESA 200x100mm, 200x200mm, 300x200mm, 300x300mm, 400x200mm, 400x300mm, 400x400mm, or 600x400mm mounting patterns.
- Patented Features: Heat Sensor Handles, TV Auto-Straightening, Gas Piston Auto-Stabilization, Must-Have Features: Heavy Duty Construction (3MM Steel), Paintable Wall Covers, Soundbar Attachment, Adjustable Stops, Cable Management
- Buy With Confidence, UL Listed. Limited Lifetime Warranty, 100% Guarantee.
- HUGE SALE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST: Take an Instant $100 Off the MM700 While Supplies Last. Watch the Product Video in the Image Gallery to See the MM700 In Action.
- Full Range Motion: Up to 26" Vertical Travel, 30°-60° Swivel, 9° Adjustable Tilt & 17" Off-The-Wall
- Specs: Reaches Studs Up to 28" Apart, TV Weight: 30 to 115 lbs, TV Size: 45"-90", VESA: Up to 600mm x 600mm
- Larger TV’s can now be used that were not an option earlier! Up to a 80″ with only a 32″ opening!
- Equipment can stay in current location in fireplace nook
- Can also be used in existing furniture (antiques, armoires, as well as cabinetry)
- Easily install a TV in a fireplace nook with the SlydLock Fireplace Nook TV Mount
- Allows for full use of the fireplace nook
- Advanced extendable bracket is perfect for use above a fireplace.
- Fits most TVs up to 90 inches and uses a VESA mounting pattern up to 600x400mm (measure the distance between bolt holes on the back of your television, in millimeters, if unsure of pattern size). 154 pound capacity.
- Comes with all necessary hardware and a 5-YEAR WARRANTY. Our US-based customer service department would be happy to help you during normal business hours.
- Built-in bubble level and micro-level adjustment for easy leveling.
- Advance Tilting TV Mount extends up to 5.3 inches from the wall, tool-less tilt function goes up 5 degrees and 12 degrees down, and swivels 5 degrees left and right.
- SPRING ASSISTED HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT - Counterbalance mechanism assists in lifting and lowering the TV. Allows fluid, tool-less height adjustment. Spring tension adjustable to suit your TV weight.
- UNIVERSAL FIT - Fits TVs with screen size of 42 47 50 55 58 60 65 70 inches in size, depending on VESA pattern. Compatible with VESA 200x200, 300x200, 300x300, 400x200, 400x300, 400x400 and 600x400 bolt hole patterns. Please ensure your TV has the correct pattern, regardless of its screen size to ensure this mount will fit your TV.
- HEAVY DUTY DESIGN – Our pull down TV mount is strength tested to 4 times the rated weight limit of 72.6 lbs to ensure it is safe for both your equipment and your family.
- MILLIONS OF MOUNTS SOLD - MILLIONS OF HAPPY CUSTOMERS: At Mount-It!, we stand behind our name and reputation... and when you order this fireplace tv mount, you'll become part of our family. Order & enjoy! - And reach out to us for any new product suggestions or questions.
- TV MANTEL MOUNT – Height adjustable TV wall mount designed specifically for fireplace mantel use. 24.8 inch height adjustment allows TV to be pulled down to a more comfortable viewing height.
- Specs: Reaches Studs Up to 24" Apart, TV Weight: 30 to 125 lbs, TV Size: 55"-100", VESA: Up to 600mm x 600mm
- Buy With Confidence: UL Listed, Limited Lifetime Warranty, 100% Guarantee
- Must-Have Features: Attached Recess Box for 1.6" Flush To Wall Storage, Soundbar Attachment, Cable Management, Adjustable Stops, Paintable Wall Brace Covers | Patented Features: Heat Sensor Handles, Stop Anywhere Positioning, Enhanced Leveling, TV Auto-Straightening, Gas Piston Auto-Stabilization
- Full Range Motion: Up to 30.5" Vertical Travel, 25° Swivel Each Way & 17.5"(recessed)-24"(surface mounted) Off-The-Wall Forward Distance
What Should You Know Before Selecting best tv mount above fireplace?
Our website is an online source that provides clients with a diverse selection of best tv mount above fireplace. Many items on the site perfectly suit the demands of clients and serve their intended function.
So, how can you determine which of the best tv mount above fireplace is the best fit for your needs? Don't be concerned! This article will walk you through all you need to know about the best tv mount above fireplace before you buy it.
Type Of Mount
Size And Weight Capacity
You shouldn't buy a mount that is too small or heavy for the television you intend to hang. A mount that is too small might cause the TV to sag or fall off the wall.
If the weight of your TV is not known, you can check the specification section on the manufacturer's site. Remember that TV screen dimensions are not measured from one corner to the next.
RELATED: Our team research 30,763 customer reviews and create the list of 10 best tv mounts full motion for you.
What Is VESA Size?VESA, the industry standard method of measuring distances between mounting holes for TVs to identify which type of wall mount bracket will fit. VESA is in millimeters. Use a tape measure or metric ruler to determine the TV's VESA dimension. 600mmx400mm could indicate a VESA dimension. This means that 600mm is between the right and left holes, and 400mm between top and bottom.
Most cases you don't have to measure. Most of the top TV wall mounts come in universal sizes and include the necessary hardware to fit TVs with most VESA dimensions.
Why Is Mounting Height So Important?Flat-panel TVs were first introduced to the UK in late 1990s. Those who could afford it jumped at the chance of owning a wall-mounted TV. Many of the early adopters suffered from neck and back problems due to too-high TVs. This meant that owners could stare up for long periods.
Mounting your TV correctly at the right height will help you avoid this fate. It all depends on your height and the distance between the TV and you, but it is a good rule to ensure that your TV's center is within your line-of-sight and the screen is parallel to your lines of sight.
Should A Wall-mounted TV Be Tilted?Titling the TV will reduce the glare and increase the viewing angle. This is especially true for TVs with high mounts. Eye strain and neck strain can be caused by too steep an angle.
What Height Should A Wall-mounted TV Be?A TV mounted at the eye level of its screen will provide the best viewing experience. There are many variables at work, such as TV size and viewing angles (from a bed, bar stool, or chair), etc. Personal preference. A 42 inch TV should be hung 56 inches above the ground in a living room. An 70 inch TV should hang at 67 inches.
How To Wall Mount A Flat-Screen TV?There are three steps to wall-mount a flat-screen television. Attach the brackets at the back of your TV. Mount the wallplate on the wall, then hang the TV from the plate. It is important to make sure you get the right wall mount for your television and it attaches to the wall.
How Can I Hide My TV Wires Without Cutting The Wall?There are two ways to hide cords hanging from mounted TVs: either wrap them in cable concealer, or put them through the wall. Although some DIYers are able to tackle the project themselves, there may be restrictions on what types of wires can be hidden behind drywall. You might be better to hire a professional.
Installers typically cut small windows in the drywall to hide the TV's cords, then run them down the wall. Next, cut another window at the floor near the outlet where they plug into.
What Else Do I Need To Know Before Mounting My TV?You don't want your new TV to come down after you have spent so much money on it. You should first make sure that your wall can support the weight of both the mount and screen. You can always call a professional if you are unsure.
Also, make sure to inspect for wood battens and water pipes. You can use a quality Stud-Finder to find potential issues. If you aren't sure, get help from a professional.
Once you are happy with the decision, it's time to get started. Follow the instructions provided by your mount. Use a spirit level, and use only the hardware, per VESA compatibility.
Is My Wall Strong Enough To Hang A TV?The wall's ability to hold a TV, particularly if it is drywall-covered, can be one of your biggest worries when hanging it. You will need to mount the TV mount on the wood studs in the wall. These are part of the wall structure, and strong enough to support the TV's weight.
A small stud finder is included with the best TV wall mounts. It helps locate the studs behind the walls. The stud finder, in most cases, is nothing but a strong magnet that locates the nail holes within the wall studs. To ensure that your TV is secured to the wall, make sure to screw it into the studs.
In short, you have just been shown all the things related to best tv mount above fireplace, including the top models, buyer’s guides, and the comparison between products as well. At this moment, it’s obvious that you acquire the mentioned information and are ready to pick one among the list of best tv mount above fireplace above. In case there is no model that suits your needs, then MantelMount MM750 Above Fireplace Pull Down TV Mount will be the best to pay attention to. Hopefully, our sharing today will help you choose the best item for your requirement.
READ NEXT: The 10 Best Tablet 13 Inch Of 2023, Tested By Our Experts