The Best Tv Mounts For Above Fireplace In 2023
1. Best Overall: ECHOGEAR Tilting TV Wall Mount for Up to 86" TVs
Make the most of your TV so you don't have to tilt it. The ECHOGEAR Tilting TV Wall Mount is engineered to allow you to position your big screen exactly where you want it, so that it can be seen at an optimal viewing angle. The mount features 15º of arm extension, which allows you to place cables out of sight and away from your viewing area.
2. Best Bang For The Buck: MantelMount MM340 Above Fireplace Pull Down TV Mount
Turn your living room into the ultimate entertainment space with a MantelMount TV mount. The MM340 is a universal mount that accommodates most TVs from 37" to 70". It's also unique because it includes patented features like TV auto-straightening and gas piston auto-stabilization for a level and stable installation every time.
Your MantelMount is a heavy duty, UL Listed, TV mount that will hold your TV to the wall above a fireplace. The MantelMount is designed for your safety and peace of mind. This TV mount has been tested and proven to hold TVs up to 90 lbs with a maximum VESA screw pattern of 600 x 600mm.
The Vivo counterbalance TV wall mount is an easy and quick way to install your TV. This mount features a pneumatic spring that adjusts to your TV’s weight so you can easily place the screen with no effort at all. The Vivo counterbalance mounts are compatible with LCD screens 40-70 inches in size, weighing between 17 pounds and 66 pounds.
If you have an above fireplace in your home that’s big enough to accommodate the installation of a TV, then you should take advantage of the opportunity. An above fireplace is a perfect place for a TV, as it will help to add some flair and interest to the room by bringing more focus on that specific area. It’ll also make it much easier to view the screen from anywhere in the room. Installing a TV above your fireplace takes up minimal space and offers a unique focal point.
If you plan to install a television above your fireplace, there are different considerations to consider. You must ensure sufficient space above and around the firebox and check whether heat from lighting or an actual fire would impact its performance. Fortunately, many different options are available when choosing the best tv mounts for above fireplace
Our team had to focus on researching and sifting through 16 hours to get such results for readers. These studies are based on customer star reviews and interviews about their feelings when using the product. When it comes to finding the best tv mounts for above fireplace, we believe ECHOGEAR Tilting TV Wall Mount for Up to 86" TVs is a worth product to buy. If you're looking for additional options and more in-depth advice, you may check out the following.
RELATED: Our team research 30,763 customer reviews and create the list of 10 best tv mounts full motion for you.
Our Top Picks
- Includes a ton of premium features like a wall drilling template, horizontal shift for centering, and post-install leveling to get the perfect finish. The simple 3-step install process is DIY project anyone can handle.
- Mount extension means easy cable access. As a bonus, it swivels 10º left and right, name another tilt mount that can do that.
- Mounting above the fireplace? You're fancy. You're also in luck: This mount's extendable design is perfect for getting the best viewing angle when mounting above the mantel.
- LG TV? TCL? Vizio? Samsung? Not a problem. Our included hardware kit provides a wide assortment of spacers & screws to accommodate any brand of television up to 86”.
- Get the maximum amount of tilt no matter how big your TV is. Tilt 15º to eliminate screen glare on any TV up to 86".
Best Bang For The Buck
MantelMount MM340 Above Fireplace Pull Down TV Mount
- Full Range Motion: Up to 27" Vertical Travel, 30° Swivel Left/Right and 19" Off-The-Wall
- HUGE SALE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST: Take $12 Off the MM340 While Supplies Last (use coupon above). Watch the Product Video in the Image Gallery to See the MM340 In Action.
- Specs: Reaches Studs Up to 24" Apart, TV Weight: 20 to 90 lbs, TV Size: 44"-80", VESA: Up to 600mm x 600mm
- Buy With Confidence: UL Listed, Limited Lifetime Warranty, 100% Guarantee
- Popular Features: Pull Down Handles, Adjustable Stops and Cable Management | Patented Features: TV Auto-Straightening and Gas Piston Auto-Stabilization
- Specs: TV Weight: Reaches Studs Up to 24" Apart, 20 to 90 lbs, TV Size: 44"-80", VESA: Up to 600mm x 600mm
- Must-Have Features: Paintable Wall Covers, Soundbar Attachment, Cable Management, Adjustable Stops | Patented Features: Heat Sensor Handles, TV Auto-Straightening, Gas Piston Auto-Stabilization
- Buy With Confidence: UL Listed, Limited Lifetime Warranty, 100% Guarantee
- Full Range Motion: Up to 27" Vertical Travel, 30° Swivel Left/Right or 60° One Way , 9° Adjustable Tilt & 19" Off-The-Wall
- HUGE SALE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST: Take $100 Off the MM540 While Supplies Last (use coupon for $30). Watch the Product Video in the Image Gallery to See the MM540 In Action.
- Full Articulation - Features +10 to -15 degree screen tilt, +90 to -90 degree swivel, and a 12.5” range of height adjustment for the best viewing angles
- Fits VESA - 75x75mm, 100x100mm, 200x100mm, 200x200mm, 300x300mm, 400x200mm, and 400x400mm
- We've Got You Covered - Sturdy steel design is backed with a 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty and friendly tech support to help with any questions or concerns
- Compatibility - Fits flat screens 40" to 70" in size, weighing between 17 lbs and 66 lbs
- Counterbalance Pneumatic Spring - Adjusts to your TV’s weight for easy screen placement. TV must weigh at least 17 lbs for counterbalance to work. Installs to wood studs and concrete/brick walls for regular and above fireplace placement
- VIVO Mantel TV Mounts - This motorized TV mount goes right above your fireplace for comfortable viewing. Fits 37” to 70” screens weighing up to 77 lbs with VESA 200x100mm, 200x200mm, 300x200mm, 300x300mm, 400x200mm, 400x300mm, 400x400mm, or 600x400mm mounting patterns.
- Electric Motor - The powerful, smooth motor makes finding the ideal viewing height easier than ever! Enjoy a 101° pull angle and height range up to 23” with just the press of a button. Once the ideal height is set, the screen can be manually swiveled +25° to -25° for added flexibility.
- We've Got You Covered - Sturdy steel design is backed with a 3-year Manufacturer Warranty and friendly tech support to help with any questions or concerns.
- Programmable Remote - Control your TV mount from anywhere in the room, and save memory locations so you can easily find the perfect viewing position time and time again!
- Ergonomic Screen Placement - Designed to elevate your TV screen to a position which reduces strain on the neck, back, and eyes, this durable mount ensures convenience and enjoyment for your guests.
- ULTIMATE CENTERING CONTROL Wall mount TV bracket with clever design allows TV sliding max 8” total on the 24”wall plate.
- EASY TO INSTALLATION No need assembly. Mount and Use. Easy installation within 10 minutes. All hardware is included in pre-labeled bags(Remarks can help you distinguish which screw you should use). If you need concrete anchors, please contact us to get it which be sent from USA.Warm Tips: please kindly make sure the TV mount slides smoothly before installing
- ADJUSTABLE VIEW COMFORTABLE This TV bracket with dual articulating arms includes +5° /-15° tilt, ±45°swivel( maximum swivel angle depends on your TV), +/-3°post-installation adjustment allows the perfect TV leveling. You can pull out this full motion tv wall bracket to 19.09” and retract back to 3.35", which save some valuable space for you and make your house look neat.
- PRODUCT INCLUDES Come with bubble level, 3 pieces pack of cable ties and all standard mounting hardware(►TV Screws: M4*12mm 4pcs, M4*30mm 4pcs, M6*12mm 4pcs, M6*35mm 4pcs, M8*25mm, M8*45mm. ►Spacers: M6*17mm 4pcs, M8*22mm 4pcs, 10mm 4pcs, 2.5mm 8pcs. ►Washers: M4 4pcs, M6 4pcs.), 10-year friendly US-based customer service.
- UNIVERSAL DESIGN This full motion TV mount is made of heavy duty steel, strong enough to hold up to 150lbs, fits for most of 32-90inch TVs with VESA size 200*100mm to 600*400mm available and sliding design design for easy centering on wall.
- Specs: Reaches Studs Up to 28" Apart, TV Weight: 30 to 115 lbs, TV Size: 45"-90", VESA: Up to 600mm x 600mm
- HUGE SALE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST: Take an Instant $100 Off the MM700 While Supplies Last. Watch the Product Video in the Image Gallery to See the MM700 In Action.
- Buy With Confidence, UL Listed. Limited Lifetime Warranty, 100% Guarantee.
- Patented Features: Heat Sensor Handles, TV Auto-Straightening, Gas Piston Auto-Stabilization, Must-Have Features: Heavy Duty Construction (3MM Steel), Paintable Wall Covers, Soundbar Attachment, Adjustable Stops, Cable Management
- Full Range Motion: Up to 26" Vertical Travel, 30°-60° Swivel, 9° Adjustable Tilt & 17" Off-The-Wall
- Larger TV’s can now be used that were not an option earlier! Up to a 80″ with only a 32″ opening!
- Allows for full use of the fireplace nook
- Easily install a TV in a fireplace nook with the SlydLock Fireplace Nook TV Mount
- Equipment can stay in current location in fireplace nook
- Can also be used in existing furniture (antiques, armoires, as well as cabinetry)
- Advance Tilting TV Mount extends up to 5.3 inches from the wall, tool-less tilt function goes up 5 degrees and 12 degrees down, and swivels 5 degrees left and right.
- Comes with all necessary hardware and a 5-YEAR WARRANTY. Our US-based customer service department would be happy to help you during normal business hours.
- Fits most TVs up to 90 inches and uses a VESA mounting pattern up to 600x400mm (measure the distance between bolt holes on the back of your television, in millimeters, if unsure of pattern size). 154 pound capacity.
- Advanced extendable bracket is perfect for use above a fireplace.
- Built-in bubble level and micro-level adjustment for easy leveling.
- SPRING ASSISTED HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT - Counterbalance mechanism assists in lifting and lowering the TV. Allows fluid, tool-less height adjustment. Spring tension adjustable to suit your TV weight.
- HEAVY DUTY DESIGN – Our pull down TV mount is strength tested to 4 times the rated weight limit of 72.6 lbs to ensure it is safe for both your equipment and your family.
- MILLIONS OF MOUNTS SOLD - MILLIONS OF HAPPY CUSTOMERS: At Mount-It!, we stand behind our name and reputation... and when you order this fireplace tv mount, you'll become part of our family. Order & enjoy! - And reach out to us for any new product suggestions or questions.
- UNIVERSAL FIT - Fits TVs with screen size of 42 47 50 55 58 60 65 70 inches in size, depending on VESA pattern. Compatible with VESA 200x200, 300x200, 300x300, 400x200, 400x300, 400x400 and 600x400 bolt hole patterns. Please ensure your TV has the correct pattern, regardless of its screen size to ensure this mount will fit your TV.
- TV MANTEL MOUNT – Height adjustable TV wall mount designed specifically for fireplace mantel use. 24.8 inch height adjustment allows TV to be pulled down to a more comfortable viewing height.
What to Look For in a best tv mounts for above fireplace?
It may take a long longer to make the best shopping decision. As a result, we are accessible to assist you with your best tv mounts for above fireplace issue at any time of day or night!
There are some highlighted features of best tv mounts for above fireplace you should be aware of before make decision:
Type Of Mount
Size And Weight Capacity
You shouldn't buy a mount that is too small or heavy for the television you intend to hang. A mount that is too small might cause the TV to sag or fall off the wall.
If the weight of your TV is not known, you can check the specification section on the manufacturer's site. Remember that TV screen dimensions are not measured from one corner to the next.
Should A Wall-mounted TV Be Tilted?Titling the TV will reduce the glare and increase the viewing angle. This is especially true for TVs with high mounts. Eye strain and neck strain can be caused by too steep an angle.
What Is VESA Size?VESA, the industry standard method of measuring distances between mounting holes for TVs to identify which type of wall mount bracket will fit. VESA is in millimeters. Use a tape measure or metric ruler to determine the TV's VESA dimension. 600mmx400mm could indicate a VESA dimension. This means that 600mm is between the right and left holes, and 400mm between top and bottom.
Most cases you don't have to measure. Most of the top TV wall mounts come in universal sizes and include the necessary hardware to fit TVs with most VESA dimensions.
Why Is Mounting Height So Important?Flat-panel TVs were first introduced to the UK in late 1990s. Those who could afford it jumped at the chance of owning a wall-mounted TV. Many of the early adopters suffered from neck and back problems due to too-high TVs. This meant that owners could stare up for long periods.
Mounting your TV correctly at the right height will help you avoid this fate. It all depends on your height and the distance between the TV and you, but it is a good rule to ensure that your TV's center is within your line-of-sight and the screen is parallel to your lines of sight.
Is My Wall Strong Enough To Hang A TV?The wall's ability to hold a TV, particularly if it is drywall-covered, can be one of your biggest worries when hanging it. You will need to mount the TV mount on the wood studs in the wall. These are part of the wall structure, and strong enough to support the TV's weight.
A small stud finder is included with the best TV wall mounts. It helps locate the studs behind the walls. The stud finder, in most cases, is nothing but a strong magnet that locates the nail holes within the wall studs. To ensure that your TV is secured to the wall, make sure to screw it into the studs.
How To Wall Mount A Flat-Screen TV?There are three steps to wall-mount a flat-screen television. Attach the brackets at the back of your TV. Mount the wallplate on the wall, then hang the TV from the plate. It is important to make sure you get the right wall mount for your television and it attaches to the wall.
How Can I Hide My TV Wires Without Cutting The Wall?There are two ways to hide cords hanging from mounted TVs: either wrap them in cable concealer, or put them through the wall. Although some DIYers are able to tackle the project themselves, there may be restrictions on what types of wires can be hidden behind drywall. You might be better to hire a professional.
Installers typically cut small windows in the drywall to hide the TV's cords, then run them down the wall. Next, cut another window at the floor near the outlet where they plug into.
What Height Should A Wall-mounted TV Be?A TV mounted at the eye level of its screen will provide the best viewing experience. There are many variables at work, such as TV size and viewing angles (from a bed, bar stool, or chair), etc. Personal preference. A 42 inch TV should be hung 56 inches above the ground in a living room. An 70 inch TV should hang at 67 inches.
What Else Do I Need To Know Before Mounting My TV?You don't want your new TV to come down after you have spent so much money on it. You should first make sure that your wall can support the weight of both the mount and screen. You can always call a professional if you are unsure.
Also, make sure to inspect for wood battens and water pipes. You can use a quality Stud-Finder to find potential issues. If you aren't sure, get help from a professional.
Once you are happy with the decision, it's time to get started. Follow the instructions provided by your mount. Use a spirit level, and use only the hardware, per VESA compatibility.
We will keep the list of best tv mounts for above fireplace up-to-date once there are new technology and information available. Please check our website frequently to see the most up-to-date information by our editor.
Do you have any questions or comments regarding best tv mounts for above fireplace that you'd like to share with us? We will try to attain even greater comedy as a result of your efforts.