The 10 Best Usb-c Adapters Of 2023, Tested By Our Experts
1. Best Of The Best: SyntechUSB C to USB Adapter Pack of 2 USB C Male toUSB3 Female Adapter
The USB C to USB3 adapter is a great option for your laptop or desktop. This device is engineered to be durable and easy to use. It's metallic design ensures that it won't slip while in use, and the user-friendly plug design ensures a seamless experience. Read Review
2. Best Bang For The Buck: USB C Female to USB Male Adapter 2 Pack,Type A Charger Cable
You can easily hook up any USB-C peripherals with this adapter, which offers data transfer speeds of up to 480 Mbps between connected devices and also supports up to 2 Amps of power output for charging your devices. Read Review
3. Best Safety: USB C Hub, Hiearcool Adapter USB C Dongle, USB C to Multiport Adapter
The Hiearcool USB C Adapter is the perfect solution for your daily needs. Its unique design and size make it compatible with all USB cables, enabling you to connect to a variety of devices with one adapter. The adapter also provides a Type-C port that lets you use your device with a Mac or PC without using an adapter. Read Review
4. Best Connectivity: Apple USB-C to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
The USB-C to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter lets you connect devices that use a standard 3.5 mm audio plug — like headphones or speakers — to your USB-C devices. This adapter works with all devices that have a USB-C connector, and it is compatible with any device with a 2.1 or 2.0 audio specification. Read Review
Do you own a new modern laptop or PC with a USB-C port and want to use legacy ports on the side? Or maybe you have an older device that doesn’t have a USB-C port and you need to get it updated? In either case, using an adapter is your best bet. USB-C is the future of connectivity. It has become almost ubiquitous with many new devices sporting USB-C ports as well as PCs and laptops coming equipped with this port standard.
Thankfully, there are now plenty of adaptors available that allow you to connect USB devices like cameras, phones, hard drives, scanners, printers – pretty much anything that charges or communicates via a cable – via USB-C. So what are the best USB c adapters out there? Read on for more information about them and their pros and cons so that you can make the right choice for your needs.
We think the product that comes highly recommended for the best USB-c adapters is SyntechUSB C to USB Adapter Pack of 2 USB C Male toUSB3 Female Adapter. In case you need more alternatives and more in-depth guidance, you may explore the following.
RELATED: We did the research for you. Our research has helped many users find the best long usb-c cable. Compare prices, features, and opinions from the experts.
Our Top Picks
Best Of The Best
SyntechUSB C to USB Adapter Pack of 2 USB C Male toUSB3 Female Adapter
- Compact and Easy to Use: Plug and play, no driver required; Simple structure, lightweight and portability
- User Friendly and USB3 Speed: Plug and work; Plug the USB C end of the adapter into a USBC port, and then connect your flash drive or other standard USB A devices; Also, you can sync or charge your phone with this USB C to USB adapter
- Design: The adapter is gathered with zinc alloy metallic minimalist design and delicate embossment for not slipping
- Connectors: Engineered for enhanced durability, the male USB C and female USB3 connectors are designed to be plugged and unplugged up to 10000 times
- Compatibility: This USB C to USB adapter is compatible with MacBook Pro after 2016 and MacBook Air after 2018 and most of the laptops, tablets and smartphones with a USB Type C port
Best Bang For The Buck
USB C Female to USB Male Adapter 2 Pack,Type A Charger Cable
- With this little dongle plugged into an available standard USB port, your legacy devices (charger, power bank, computer) can turn into a USB-C enabled platform.
- BE AWARE OF THE LIMITATION: This is a USB-C female to USB-A male adapter designed for charging or data transfer and it will NOT support video signal transmission.
- This adapter offers data transfer speeds of up to 480 Mbps between connected devices and also supports up to 2 Amps of power output for charging your devices. Enjoy the fast and safe charging.
- You can easily hook up any USB-C peripherals (USB Type-C cable, USB Type-C flash drive, USB Type-C hub) that make use of the newer USB-C connector.
- Our aluminum-alloy-bodied dongle occupies very little space and can plug directly onto the end of your USB-A hardware, so you won’t have to worry about carrying it around.
USB C Hub, Hiearcool Adapter USB C Dongle, USB C to Multiport Adapter
- 100W Power Delivery Supported: The USB C Hub supports a 100W USB C pass-through charging, ideal for MacBook Pro/Air or and other USB c devices, your primary choice of USB C Hub.
- Travel Size SD/TF USB C Adapter: Aluminium Alloy Casting and 2.4ounce Pocket Size,5Gbps read and write, capacity up to 2TB cards.Ideal as a Mac Book Pro USB C Hub/USB C Laptop Hub for traveling.
- Efficient USB C Hub: Two high-speed USB-A 3.0 ports capable of 5Gb/s transfer speed for quick data transfer & Charging up to 5V@0.9A. Plug and Play, No Software, Drivers required.
- 4K HDMI to USB C Hub: The USB C Hub provides you with lifelike 4K 3840 x 2160@30Hz HDMI images that bring an immersive 3D resolution experience.
- UL/SGS Approved Hiearcool USB C Hub: The intelligent USB C Adapter has perfectly combined all the functions you need. USB C to HDMI hub equipped with USB3.0 x2, 4K@30 HDMI, SD/TF Card Adapter, and Up to 100W/20V/5A Type C Power Delivery charging port.
Apple USB-C to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
- Works with all devices that have a USB-C connector
- The USB-C to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter lets you connect devices that use a standard 3.5 mm audio plug — like headphones or speakers — to your USB-C devices.
- Plug and Play: Instantly turn your laptop or phone’s USB-C port into an HDMI port, with no installation necessary.
- Vivid Video: The HDMI adapter lets you connect to any TV or display with an HDMI port to stream video in up to 4K resolution.
- Premium Construction: A lightweight aluminum casing allows for greater heat dissipation, while the reinforced braided-nylon cable is designed to withstand the twists and tugs of daily use.
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 80 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- What You Get: Anker 310 USB-C Adapter (4K HDMI)/ PowerExpand+ USB-C to HDMI Adapter, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.
Apple USB-C to USB Adapter
- You can also connect a Lightning to USB cable to sync and charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- Plug the USB-C end of the adapter into a USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port on your Mac, and then connect your flash drive, camera, or other standard USB device.
- The USB-C to USB Adapter lets you connect iOS and iPadOS devices and many of your standard USB accessories to a USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) enabled Mac.
- 💗【Multi-function Dongle】This compact usb c to aux adapter can connect your usb c devices without audio jack to headphones, headset, speakers and other audio devices. Call, volume control, pause via function keys on the headphones are possible.
- 📲【Wide Compatibility】: JSAUX usb c headphone adapter compatible with most of the type c devices: Samsung Galaxy S22 S22+ S22 Ultra S21 S21+ S21 Ultra S20 Ultra S20 Z Flip S20+ S10 S9 S8 Plus, Note 20 10 10+ 9 8, iPad pro, iPad mini 6, Mac book, pixel 4 3 2 XL, Huawei Mate 30 20 10 Pro, P30 P20, One plus 6T 7 7Pro and more.
- 📢【Warm Tips】If your USB-C device has a 3.5mm audio port, this adapter may not support calling. Such as : Galaxy S9/S8/Note 9/Note 8/S10, ipad pro 11 ", ipad pro 12.9". For ipad pro 2018, it can't support phone call and music control.
- 🎵【Smart DAC Chip】The USB C to 3.5mm audio adapter features a Smart DAC chip. It is low power consumption, excellent and stable decoding performance, and maximum support for 16Bit/48Khz audio sampling rate. The DAC chip can also convert digital audio signals to analog audio signals and keep the original sound quality of your headphones.
- 💪【Stable Signal & Durable Material】With the relief strain design, this type c to aux adapter can stand 15000+ bending tests, which makes this adapter much more durable. Shielded enamel wire can still ensure stable signal transmission with daily use. Metal-coated connectors for better contact ensure stable and lossless audio signal transmission.
USB C Female to USB A Male Adapter 4 Pack,Type C Power Charger Cable
- Small enough to leave it in the USB port without protruding way out from your devices.
- Gives you the ability to connect USB-C peripherals to devices with USB-A ports built in.
- Constructed with durable aluminum alloy to ensure that it doesn’t wear out over time.
- PAY ATTENTION TO THE LIMITATION: It is a USB-C female to USB-A male adapter designed for charging or data transfer and it will NOT support video signal transmission.
- Offers data transfer speeds of up to 480 Mbps and also supports up to 3 Amps of power output.
Best Energy Efficient
USB C to USB Adapter [2 Pack], JSAUX USB Type C Male to USB 3.0
- 【Durable Aluminum Body】: Made out of durable aluminum alloy, innovative engineering ensures durability and a long life span.
- 【What you get】: We provide this USB C OTG Adapter with 18-Month Warranty and 24/7 customer service, if you have any questions,we will resolve your issue within 24 hours. Compatible with all USB C devices, Samsung Galaxy Note8 S9/S9 Plus S8/S8 Plus, Apple New Macbook Pro, LG G6 G5 V20 and More.
- 【USB On-The-Go】: Plug in and use computer peripherals, such as flash drive, keyboard, hub, mouse and more, makes your USB-C devices compatible with USB drives and any other USB devices that support USB On-The-Go.
- 【Nylon Tangle-free Design】: Tangle-free Nylon Braided Design, this USB 3.0 Cord is far more dependable than others in its price range. Premium nylon braided cable adds additional durability and tangle free.
- 【USB 3.0 Super Speed Transfer】: Full USB 3.0 super speed data transfer up to 5Gbps, 10x faster than USB 2.0. Transfer files, HD movies and songs to your USB-C devices in seconds.
- 【Wide Compatibility】Compatible with MacBook Pro 16''/15” (2020/2019/2018/2017), MacBook (2019/2018/2017), MacBook Air 13” (2018), iPad Pro (2020/2018); XPS 13/15; Surface Book 2; Google Pixelbook, Chromebook, Pixel, Pixel 2; Asus ZenBook. Compatible with Samsung S20/S10/S9/S8/S8+, Note 8/9, Galaxy Tablet Tab A 10.5, and many other USB-C laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
- 【LAN to USB-C Adapter】Obtain stable connection speeds up to 1Gbps; downward compatible with 100Mbps/10Mbps networks. Our Type-C to LAN Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) Network Adapter supports large downloads at maximum speeds without interruption. (To reach 1Gbps, make sure to use CAT6 & up Ethernet cables.)
- 【Thoughtful Design】Compact and lightweight, with a user-friendly non-slip design for easier plugging and unplugging. Braided nylon cable for extra durability. Premium aluminum casing for better heat dissipation. High-quality USB-C connector provides snug connection with your devices for stable signal transfer.
- 【Reliable & Endurance Connectivity】Designed specifically for plug-and-play connection between USB-C devices and wired network, provides gigabit ethernet connectivity even when wireless connectivity is Inconsistent or over extended.
What Are the Most Critical Aspects of best usb-c adapters That You Should Concentrate on?
You must know the best usb-c adapters to make a substantial purchase. There's a slew of additional issues which have to be looked at and assessed. Each commodity has its own set of difficulties. As a result, you can rely on us to give you comprehensive counsel and support.
You might quickly become overwhelmed in your quest for the best usb-c adapters because there are so many models and features. Avoid being suffocated by an expensive item that only serves to take up room in your cupboard by following our advice.
So, which USB cable should I choose? The choice of USB cable depends entirely on your needs and the reason you bought it. A 3ft USB cable is best if you are willing to charge your devices frequently.
A USB cable of 10 feet length is more useful for file transfers, particularly in offices.
Trustworthy manufacturers are the best. A cable made from these companies will last for years.
An excellent USB cable is a good friend for electronic devices. A trusted type-c cable must carry at least 3A/5V. The bottom line is that your phone will be charged in less time, and the battery health won't suffer.
A USB-C cable that is compatible with your device will be able to work with it without causing any damage. The cable may not be compatible with your device. If it is, you run the risk of damaging or starting to burn your battery. Third-party cables may pose a greater risk than the original packaging indicates.
Type Of USB-C Cable
RELATED: We reviewed the good usb-c cables for making everything. Read unbiased good usb-c cables reviews and find the top-rated one for you guys.
Do I Need To Switch To A USB-C Cable?If your device does not have a USB-C connector, it is best to use the older USB cables. For example, older devices that have more traditional USB-A ports are fine with older USB cables. These devices won't have the ability to benefit from faster charging and transfer speeds, if their USB protocol is older than 2.0.
What Devices Use USB-C?All that was using the USB-A format are switching to USB-C. Over the last few years, USB-C has been gradually being converted to mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets, as well as computer accessories, such monitors, notebooks, gaming consoles, docking stations or battery packs. Future iPhones could switch to USB C.
What's The Difference Between USB-C And Thunderbolt?The latest Thunderbolt 4 protocol and USB 4 protocols bring the standards closer together. They are both based on the exact same protocols and will therefore work interchangeably. Your device will work with the one that supports it.
Although each Thunderbolt 4 can transfer data at 40Gbps, Thunderbolt 4 theoretically will reach this speed while USB 4 operates between 20 and 40Gbps. Thunderbolt 3 also can deliver 40Gbps data transfer, however it misses certain features that are part of the new standard for Windows laptops.
However, Thunderbolt cables can have a significant impact on performance depending on their length or type. The majority of passive cables are shorter and more affordable, so they can't maintain top speeds above 40Gbps over greater distances. For example, a Thunderbolt 3 cable 0.5m in length will get you 40Gbps, while a cable 1m has only 20Gbps. While active cables are capable of maintaining this speed for longer distances, they can also cost more.
Do All USB-C Cables Support Fast Charging?No. To work correctly, USB-C cables need to be certified for certain types of fast charging. Find out the type of fast charger your phone supports, and then search for cables using that language.
Can You Repair A USB-C Cable?USB-C cables can be purchased at a reasonable price and are durable due to the connectors and cables that they come with. Because of the complexity involved in creating them, you should replace your USB-C cables rather than trying to repair them.
Are All USB-C Cables The Same?USB-C does not define the type or shape of the connector. However, all USB-C cables can use the same types and shapes, although they might not all support the same protocols and speeds.
What Are The Pitfalls Of USB-C?USB-C's versatility has created some issues. Not all phones, tablets, accessories, or laptops support USB-C. This means that you will need to carefully read all the details to make sure USB-C is capable of doing what you want. USB-C charger cables can only communicate with slower USB2 data transfer speeds. Faster USB3 or USB4 cables, however, are more affordable and shorter. Some USB hubs are not capable of handling video signals. Make sure that USB-C cables are able to handle your power requirements. The highest-powered laptops draw up to 100 watts, which is the maximum rating for USB C cables. However, USB-C has been expanded to provide 240-watt charging capabilities for gaming laptops, and other power-hungry devices.
Why Won't My Laptop Charge Over USB-C?Do not assume that a USB-C port means that a laptop will be charged via it. Some ports are only there for data transfer.
The weakest link in your charging system may be the cable.
These laptops can be charged via USB Power Delivery, which is becoming more common. However, very few USB-C cables are able to match the power requirements. While Power Delivery was limited to 100W at one time, most compatible cables could handle 65W and 100W respectively, today, it can deliver up to 240W.
It can be difficult to check cable specifications on product pages. However, this rating should make things easier.
After all, it's time for you to pick up your buddy based on the things above. Don't waste your time at any unreliable site. As mentioned above, our website includes not only interesting information but authoritative one, so that you should come to us as regularly as possible.
We always welcome your feedback, whether positive or negative, since all of them will contribute to improving our site. Please join us for better service and wish you a cherishing shopping!
READ NEXT: The 10 Best Tablet 13 Inch Of 2023, Tested By Our Experts