The Best Virtual Surround Soundbar For 2023
1. Best Overall: Polk Audio Signa S4 Ultra-Slim Sound Bar
The 5.25" subwoofer gives you a wider sound stage and deep bass, while the 7-driver array delivers True 3D Surround Sound.
2. Best For The Price: VIZIO SB3821-C6 Sound Bar for TV with Wireless Subwoofer
This 2.1 sound bar provides crystal clear dialogue and immersive surround sound to bring you a theater experience right in your living room.
3. Best For Dialogue: SAMSUNG HW-A650 3.1ch A650 A Series Soundbar
Featuring a built-in center speaker, the soundbar provides enhanced dialogue and bass boost with a simple touch of the button.
4. Best For Bass Content: TCL Alto 6+ 2.1 Channel Soundbar
The deep bass from this 2.1 channel soundbar will enhance your movies and music to make them come to life.
When you think about virtual surround, images of expensive home theater systems come to mind. While those are fine for a dedicated home theater, that’s not something everyone can afford. Fortunately, there are affordable options for virtual surround sound and one of them is the soundbar.
Virtual surround soundbars combine the acoustic properties of speakers with the convenience and simplicity of a single unit. And while they aren’t as elaborate as dedicated home theaters, they let you enjoy high-quality audio in a practical package that doesn’t take up too much space.
There are many different types out there, but here are our top recommendations for the best soundbars for virtual surround sound to help you get the best possible experience from their setup.
We were able to come up with many top products from prominent brands like LG, Polk Audio, and many more. Among them, Polk Audio Signa S4 Ultra-Slim Sound Bar seems to be the first product you can rely on with its wide sound field and deep, rich bass feature.
RELATED: We did the research for you. With our tests and trials, here are accurate descriptions of the best soundbar with built in subwoofer available in the market.
Our Top Picks
- UP-FIRING SPEAKERS FOR HEIGHT ELEVATION - In addition to L/R Tweeters (1"), (2) Racetrack Mid Drivers (4.7" x 1.6") and a 1" Center, the left/right elevation speakers (2.6") utilize Atmos' height channels for an immersive 3D sound over your head
- ADVANCED ULTRA-SLIM SOUNDBAR & WIRELESS SUB - The Signa S4 with an upgraded 7-driver array & a dedicated full-range center channel delivers True 3D Surround Sound (Dolby Atmos 3.1.2 certified) and the 5.25" sub gives you a WIDE SOUND STAGE AND DEEP BASS
- EXCELLENT SOUND AND VALUE - At par with any mid- to high-range sound bars available in the market. At 2.4" tall, the Signa S4 fits most spaces - easily wall-mount it or place in front of your TV. It won’t block your TV’s bottom edge or IR remote sensor
- NUMEROUS CONNECTION POSSIBILITIES - Plug in your audio source via the provided inputs - (1) optical, (1) analog 3.5mm, or Bluetooth, and USB-A (for firmware updates). Enjoy uncompromised audio experience over the eight channels via the HDMI (eARC) output
- 1-CABLE SETUP, WORKS WITH ANY TV INCLUDING THE LATEST 8K ULTRA-HD TVs - Get this system up and running in less than 5 minutes—all you have to do is unbox, connect and you are ready to listen. A great addition to your home theater!
- WIRELESSLY STREAM MUSIC from your favorite streaming apps like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and others directly from your smartphone, tablet, or other compatible devices via built-in Bluetooth technology
- POLK'S EXCLUSIVE VOICE AND BASS ADJUST TECHNOLOGY, along with S4's center channel lets you customize voice and bass levels, so you hear crystal clear dialogues and maximize bass without missing a word. For maximum impact, control the sub and the sound bar's bass using Bass Adjust Technology
Best For The Price
VIZIO SB3821-C6 Sound Bar for TV with Wireless Subwoofer
- Wireless subwoofer adds rich bass from anywhere in the room
- Enjoy 100 dB of room filling, crystal clear sound with less than 1 percent total harmonic distortion
- Built in Bluetooth lets you lose the wires and listen to your music with a tap of a finger with built in Bluetooth. Sound pressure level - 100 dB. Sound bar frequency - 50 hertz - 19 hertz
- Wireless remote for convenient volume, input and audio controls; Wireless subwoofer range approximately 60 feet – line of sight from sound bar
- Premium audio with Dolby digital decoding, plus DTS TruVolume and DTS audio post processing
- ADAPTIVE SOUND LITE - Optimizes sound to video content.
- DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1 / DTS VIRTUAL:X - Immersive surround sound simulation that draws you in.
- BUILT-IN CENTER SPEAKER - A dedicated speaker enhances dialogue so you hear every word
- COMMON SOLUTIONS PER ISSUE: Disconnects from tv -- Replace the cable. Rear speakers keeps dropping -- Update the software Can't connect to my tv -- Replace the cable. No sound -- TV sees sound bar but no sound This can happen when connected to other Manufacturer’s TV. Solution is to set the Digital Sound Out to “Auto” (not “Pass-Through”) on their TV menu. Subwoofer stopped working. -- Likely due to interference. Move the subwoofer closer, then run ID SET again (wireless speaker linking process)
- SUBWOOFER INCLUDED - Wireless subwoofer included.
- BASS BOOST - Instantly amplify the bass with the touch of a button.
- SPECIALIZED SOUND MODES: Specialized sound modes bring Movies, Music, and News to life.
- DOLBY DIGITAL: Dolby Digital decoding maximizes sound clarity and creates incredible room-filling virtual surround sound.
- STREAM MUSIC WIRELESSLY: You can use your Bluetooth-enabled device to wirelessly stream music on your sound bar.
- DEEP BASS WITH WIRELESS SUBWOOFER: Experience deep, rich bass to make movies and music truly come to life.
- QUICK AND HASSLE-FREE SETUP: With HDMI, optical, or Bluetooth connections, you can go from unboxing to listening in minutes.
- Best-In-Class 600W Peak Power
- 5.1 Decoding for Virtualized Surround Sound
- 45 inches 3.1 Soundbar With 10 inches Wireless Subwoofer
- Powerful audio performance with deep, theater-like sub-bass and crisp high-end definition
- HDMI-ARC: Single Cable, Single Remote Control
- Voice Assistant Input Use our voice to control your Alexa, Siri, or Google Assistant devices through the sound bar with a dedicated 3.5 Aux or Persistent Bluetooth connection.
- 5” Wireless Subwoofer Place the wireless subwoofer anywhere in the room to add deep booming bass.
- Optimized for 4K HDR content with Dolby Audio 5.1 Bring out the best audio performance from your 4K HDR content with Dolby Audio 5.1 when connected through HDMI.
- Loud and Clear: The 96dB sound pressure level and 50Hz – 20kHz frequency range deliver dynamic and accurate Sound.
- DTS Virtual:X: Enhances any content with room-filling, floor-to-ceiling virtualized 3D sound.
- Bluetooth streaming that allows easy switching between two devices
- Simple setup with HDMI or optical
- Included components: Remote control
- Clear Voice for enhanced dialogue clarity
- DTS Virtual: X virtual 3D surround sound
- Built-in subwoofers for deep bass in one slim sound bar
- Subwoofer (WxHxD)-7.1 x 15.4 x 11.5 inches
- Included Components: Wall Mount Bracket, Cable Management
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric
- 10"" wireless subwoofer delivers deep, thrilling sound
- Now with alexa multi-room audio
- Built-in chromecast, airplay2 and bluetooth
- An impressive 550w of total system power
- 4k pass-through with hdr 10 and dolby vision provides the best resolution
- Connector type: HDMI
- Jbl surround sound brings an immersive virtual 5.1 sound experience for your tv without any extra wires or speakers
- Aluminum Sound bar
What Are The Most Critical Factors Of best virtual surround soundbar That You Should Consider?
To make a significant purchase, you are supposed to know the best virtual surround soundbar. There are a number of other difficulties that need to be investigated and evaluated. Every product has its challenges. Thus, you might count on us to provide you with detailed advice and guidance.
Based on what people and technical innovation have co-operated to analyze and build the following qualities, it’s helpful to look into the following criterial before selecting best virtual surround soundbar:
Wi-Fi And Bluetooth
There are special sound modes for various audio types, such as watching movies, listening to music, or gaming. You can adjust the treble and bass settings depending on what you are watching/listening too.
Compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa for voice-controlled music.
Front-panel displays that display important information, such as volume levels. Make sure to check if this display is able to be switched off when it's not in use so that it does not become distracting.
Number Of Channels And Speakers
Ease Of Set-up And Use
RELATED: We've Found the Top 10 Products. Our Buying Guides Help You Get The best soundbar for movies and music for Your Budget.