The 10 Good 2tb Hdd Of 2023, Researched By Us
1. Best Overall: Seagate Portable 2TB External Hard Drive HDD
This Seagate 2TB portable drive can quickly and easily store and access your content on the go. With a compact design, you can easily take it with you anywhere and this hard drive is compatible with both Windows and Mac computers. With our easy drag-and-drop functionality you'll be able to back up your files in no time. Read Review
2. Best Bang For The Buck: WD 2TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive HDD
Designed for consumers on the go, this WD 2TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive HDD is a great all-around performer. With its USB 3.0 connectivity and massive capacity, this hard drive offers speed, reliability, and security. Read Review
3. Best Portable: Maxone 2TB Ultra Slim Portable External Hard Drive HDD
Protect your data with the Maxone 2TB Ultra Slim Portable External Hard Drive HDD. This USB hard drive is much faster than - but still compatible with - USB 2.0 backup drives, allowing for super-fast transfer speed at up to 5 Gbit/s. It's also compatible with Windows 10 and 8/8.1 operating systems which makes it great for storing all of your files, including photos, videos, and music. Read Review
4. Best Storage: Seagate (STGD2000100) 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD
Seagate (STGD2000100) 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD is the perfect accessory for your PS4. With its classic black and blue design that fits in with any gaming setup, it's compact and easy to travel with. This portable storage solution is perfect for your PS4 as it's compatible with PlayStation Plus cloud storage and you can use the included USB cable to connect it to a standard power outlet. Read Review
5. Best Design: WD_BLACK 2TB P10 Game Drive - Portable External Hard Drive HDD
WD Black 2TB P10 Game Drive - Portable External Hard Drive HDD is a must-have accessory for gamers. With a 2 TB capacity and 18-inch (457mm) USB Type-A to Micro-B cable, this external hard drive offers to speed up to 5 Gbps. The easy-access power button allows you to quickly turn your on or off your device without opening the casing. Read Review
It is essential to have plenty of storage space on your computer. However, with so much digital content available, filling your hard drive with junk can be easy. Fortunately, there are ways to declutter your hard drive and make more space available for essential files.
Good storage drives are affordable and easy to find, but many people overlook them when shopping for a new purpose. Instead, they opt for the most popular brand or cost-effective models that tend to leave users feeling short-changed in the long run. Here we take a closer look at some of the good 2TB HDD brands that you should consider if you’re looking to upgrade your storage space and get rid of clutter that’s taking up valuable real estate in your new hard drive.
We think the good 2tb hdd available now is Seagate Portable 2TB External Hard Drive HDD. If you want another option, you could check the WD 2TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive HDD as an alternative. You may relax knowing that its quality is also good per what we researched.
Our Top Picks
Easy to connect Large storage Fast access speed High performance
It is noisy when working
This USB drive provides plug and play simplicity with the included 18 inch USB 3.0 cable
Easily store and access 2TB to content on the go with the Seagate Portable Drive, a USB external hard drive
Designed to work with Windows or Mac computers, this external hard drive makes backup a snap just drag and drop
To get set up, connect the portable hard drive to a computer for automatic recognition no software required
Best Bang For The Buck
WD 2TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive HDD
It transfers quickly data It stores a large amount of data Easy to plug into the computer Easy to use
Its clicking sound is quite loud
- USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 Compatibility. Fast data transfers
- Improve PC Performance
- High Capacity; Compatibility Formatted NTFS for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7; Reformatting may be required for other operating systems; Compatibility may vary depending on user’s hardware configuration and operating system
- Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for the Installation. WD Elements portable hard drives with USB 3.0 offer reliable, high-capacity storage to go, fast data transfer rates, universal connectivity and massive capacity for value-conscious consumers.
Long-lasting lifetime It improves your computer's storage Easy to transfer the data Lightweight design
Sometimes, it can disconnect from other devices
✔ Plug and Play: This external drive is ready to use without external power supply or software installation needed. Ideal extra storage for your computer and game console
✔ What's Included: Portable external hard drive, 19-inch(48.26cm) USB 3.0 hard drive cable, user's manual, 3-Year manufacturer warranty with free technical support service
✔ Improve PC Performance: Powered by USB 3.0 technology, this USB hard drive is much faster than - but still compatible with - USB 2.0 backup drive, allowing for super fast transfer speed at up to 5 Gbit/s
✔ A Reliable Game Drive: This PS4 external hard drive features fast and stable performance for PS4, PS4 Pro, and Xbox One, does not refuse or delete a game. Compatible with Microsoft Windows and Mac OS(10.6.5 and above) in the meantime
✔ Ultra Slim and Sturdy Metal Design: Merely 0.4 inch thick. All-Aluminum anti-scratch model delivers remarkable strength and durability, keeping this portable hard drive running cool and quiet
Easy to setup It helps you protect your data It cools quickly Good USB ports
Low transfer speed
- This game drive features the classic black and blue design of PS4; It’s the perfect accessory for any gaming setup and its compact; Travel ready form factor means the adventure can go anywhere
- Do not delete games from PS4 consoles just to make room for new ones; Store 50 plus games with 2TB of portable hard drive storage
- Official Licensed PS4 product for seamless operation and compatibility; Operates under PS4 hard drive firmware
- Dive into the action with a quick step by step setup and plug and play USB 3.0 connectivity; No power cable needed
Quick readability speed Easy to operate It runs quietly
Slow transfer speeds when playing game
Compatible with Xbox Series X/S (play and store Xbox One games, archive Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S games) and PlayStation 5 (play and store PS4 games, archive PS5 games) consoles
Premium HDD with 3-year limited warranty, purpose-built for gamers based on WD_BLACK quality and reliability
Available in capacities up to 5TB that can hold up to 125 games, so that you can save old favorites and still have room for new titles (As used for storage capacity, one terabyte (TB) = one trillion bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending on operating environment. Number of games based on a 36GB average per game. The number of games will vary based on file size, formatting, other programs, and factors.)
Comes with an 18-inch (457mm) USB Type-A to Micro-B cable with SuperSpeed interface up to 5Gbps (Cable length may vary.)
Portable form factor with sleek metal top covering that provides fast access to your growing game library
It is waterproof Easy to sync across various devices High Capacity Portable design
It is only compatible with USB-C ports
Includes 1-month complimentary membership to Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps Plan. Must redeem by January 31, 2020
Shock, drops up to 4 feet, dust and water resistant for all-terrain use
For Mac compatibility this Hard Drive requires reformatting. Refer to Application Guide for more details
Password protection built in
Uses USB 3.0 which is up to 4 times faster than USB 2.0 (USB 2.0 compatible)
It doesn't depend on the working environment Optimal design High-speed transfer Easy to install
It causes annoying noises when running
Designed for gamers, system builders, and creative professionals.
An industry-leading 5-year limited warranty** | ** See official Western Digital website for warranty details.
Desktop performance gaming hard drive
Western Digital’s StableTrac and Dynamic Cache Technology increase reliability and optimize performance
Performance storage available in up to 10TB* capacities | * As used for storage capacity, 1TB = one trillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less depending on operating environment.
- 1TB¹ through 3TB support up to eight bays; 4TB and above support up to 16 bays and employ tarnish-resistant components for harsher environments.
- ¹As used for storage capacity, 1TB = one trillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less, depending on operating environment.
- AllFrame technology delivers optimizations for write-intensive, low bit-rate, high stream-count workloads typical to mainstream surveillance applications.
- Engineered specifically for mainstream surveillance systems.
- Supports up to 180 TB/yr workload rate². | ²Workload Rate is defined as the amount of user data transferred to or from the hard drive. Workload Rate is annualized (TB transferred ✕ (8760 / recorded power-on hours)). Workload Rate will vary depending on your hardware and software components and configurations.
- OEM Seagate Mobile HDD laptop hard drive range
- 3-year limited warranty
- 5400RPM performance class
- Supports up to 180 TB/yr Workload Rate* | * Workload Rate is defined as the amount of user data transferred to or from the hard drive. Workload Rate is annualized (TB transferred ✕ (8760 / recorded power-on hours))
- NAS systems with daily workloads associated with personal and home office environments and idle time available to perform necessary background operations
- NASware firmware for compatibility
- Available in capacities ranging from 2-6TB with support for up to 8 bays
What to Look For in a good 2tb hdd?
To buy any product seems easy, but to choose the best one is not straightforward. The time you take to research its outcome is significant. The same matter also comes to good 2tb hdd of 2023 that we include in this article. But you can relax instead of spending too much time learning the products. It’s our duty!
Here are the main features of good 2tb hdd that all of you guys should keep in mind when deciding to make a purchase:
External Vs. Internal HDD
Size Of The Disk
Is It Better To Install Games On A Separate Hard Drive?
Every PC or Laptop setup comes with an inbuilt storage option. However, it is limited. Obviously, storing games and software on the same drive would impact the performance of your PC. You might experience some lag time while playing online games. Instead, an external HDD or a second hard disc is a better solution. It has the ability to save data from memory storage.
What Hard Drive Should I Get For Gaming?
When choosing the right hardware for your gaming, it is important to take into account your requirements and the type of games you wish to play. It is also important to consider the console you are using. You need to be selective about picking out the right tool for your needs.
How Often Should I Backup?
Backup your data all the time. realistically, it depends on your workload or the sensitivity of data. If your data is general data like pictures, mp3's, documents, etc., but you only add to them occasionally, backing up at least once a month would be a good starting point. If you are daily adding to your library of files, doing a daily backup is necessary.
What Is The Reason Why My Data Transfer May Sometimes Stop Mid-process?
If you are using a USB 3.0 external hard drive, it may require more current than a similar USB 2.0 device. So it is possible that the USB 2.0 connection will not deliver the required amount of power. If this happens, use both connectors on the Y cable to connect the drive to two USB 2.0 ports, in order to ensure adequate power for the USB 3.0 device.
Is A Hard Drive Good For Gaming?
Hard drives are relatively good for gaming. Multiple storage devices help to expand the memory. However, there are some hard drive models that have enough capacity to store games. Today, most modern games can consume a lot of space. As a result, it will become difficult to keep it in some regular hard drive models.
Do I Need 2 HDD For Gaming?
The main purpose of the hard drive is to improve the storage space in your computer or any other device. Normally, a single hard drive should be enough. You can add an external hard drive for your game storage if you want to make it portable in nature. However, it is important to have adequate space for your needs. Many people consider having an external hard drive with an internal hard drive which makes it 2 drives for storage. It can be a good option.
Black Screen And Can't Boot. Is This The Hard Drive?
It is very likely that the hard drive or motherboard is going bad or is dead. If you can access your drive from another computer (slaving) and retrieve your data, now would be a good time, however, if this isn't possible and the drive is dead, you will need to have your data recovered professionally. Please see Drive Saver's information on the home page for more information.
READ NEXT: The 10 Best Wifi Cell Phone Of 2023, Tested By Our Experts