The Highest Rated Sound Bars For 2023
Sound bars are compact audio devices that offer the same functionality as a satellite TV or a Bluetooth speaker. They are designed to reproduce sound from your television and other video sources. The best soundbars have built-in high-quality surround sound speakers, which can be wired, wireless, or connected via an HDMI port. The following article will help you find the highest-rated soundbars on the market that provide optimum performance at a reasonable price.
We have chosen many of the available good items, including the Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim TV - our favorite one. We also provide you with the Klipsch Cinema 400 Sound Bar + 8Inch Wireless Subwoofer with HDMIARC model that you may consider if the top one is not your choice.
You will be surprised at the information we are about to share below! Let's explore the unique features of products from famous brands, including Polk audio, Klipsch, Bose, Vmai, Jbl, Sony, Samsung, Zvox, Lg, Yamaha audio, right here.
RELATED: We've compiled 14,093+ customer reviews to find the best pc soundbars in 2023 for you. See our top picks and buying guide here.
Our Top Picks
- A PREMIUM ULTRA-SLIM SOUND BAR WITH INCLUDED WIRELESS SUBWOOFER – 5 powerful full-range drivers deliver BEAUTFUL RICH SOUND WITH DEEP BASS. POLK’S EXCLUSIVE VOICE ADJUST TECHNOLOGY & Dolby Digital Decoding maximizes sound clarity & reduces voice delays
- SET UP YOUR SOUND BAR IN MINUTES — With the included subwoofer, HDMI and optical cables quickly connect your TV to the sound bar. Get set up and listening in minutes
- WIRELESSLY STREAM MUSIC from your favorite streaming apps like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and others directly from your smartphone, tablet or other compatible device through the built-in Bluetooth technology
- EXCELLENT SOUND AND VALUE on par with any mid- to high-range sound bars available in the market. At just over 2" tall, it fits most spaces — easily wall-mount it or place in front of your TV. It won’t block your TV’s bottom edge or IR remote sensor
- UPGRADE YOUR HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE – Watch your favorite shows on your 4K HD Smart TV with exceptional picture quality & crystal clear sound. With numerous connection possibilities, plug in any audio source via HDMI ARC, optical input & AUX
- 5.1 decoding for virtualized surround sound
- Class-leading 8” Subwoofer
- HDMI-ARC: Single-cable, single-remote control
- 40” 2.1 Soundbar with 8” wireless subwoofer
- 400W peak power
- Enhanced dialogue: This TV speaker is designed to specifically focus on clarifying and elevating vocals and pronunciation.
- Build and expand: The Bose TV Speaker is compatible with the Bose Bass Module 500 or 700 and requires the Bose Bass Module Connection Cable or a standard 3.5 millimeter audio cable, sold separately.
- Hear your TV better: Designed with simplicity in mind, the Bose TV Speaker is a small soundbar that clarifies speech and is a simple fix for better TV sound.
- Compact soundbar: This small soundbar is just over 2" tall for easy placement in front of your TV or mounted to a wall (wall brackets sold separately). Overall TV speaker dimensions are 2.21" H x 23.38" W x 4.02" D.
- Wide, natural sound: 2 angled full-range drivers deliver a more realistic, spatial audio experience for overall better TV sound from a small soundbar.
- Simple setup: A single connection from this compact soundbar to the TV via an optical audio cable (included) or an HDMI cable (sold separately) has you up and running in minutes.
- Remote control: Compact TV speaker comes with a remote control that enables a dialogue mode to further enhance speech or add a bass boost for more depth.
- Bluetooth TV speaker: Pair your device to this Bluetooth soundbar to wirelessly stream your favorite music and podcasts.
- A DILIGENT DESIGN & 12 MONTHS WARRANTY - VMAI engineered the soundbar almost impossibly thin measuring less than 2.5-inch-high, and a jet-black surface. With luxury Touch-button design, you can control power/ volume on the side easily. VMAI sound bar comes with mount bracket in the package, which allows you to mount this elegant sound bar on your living room. Every VMAI sound bar will go through a strict quality test process before sending out. We offer 12 months warranty to our customer!
- BLUETOOTH 5.0, THE SUPERB SOUND QUALITY - Our newest sound bar adopts Bluetooth 5.0 & DSP technology to ensure faster transmission speeds, stable connectivity, and smooth transmission in long distance with low consumption. This soundbar is so versatile you can place it almost anywhere. And with Bluetooth connectivity, you can play your favorite music anywhere. We’ve carefully engineered a custom sound bar material so we can provide you with true 3D stereo premium sound.
- MULTIPLE INPUT OPTIONS AND EASY SET UP - Aside from one of our newest feature Bluetooth 5.0 from your smartphones, tablet, PC and other Bluetooth enabled devices; there are also wired connection including HDMI ARC, Optical, USB (Flash drive only), and AUX input, compatible with TVs, projectors, computers, Blu-ray players, tablet, PS5, Amplifiers, and more! We upgraded the package to include both premium 5 ft Optical cable and 5 ft RCA to 3.5 mm cable.
- FOUR DIFFERENT SOUND MODE - Music, Movie, News & 3D mode adjusting by using the included remote control! The remote also allows you to increase or reduce treble and bass based on your preference. The additional volume and power control are conveniently located at the right side of the sound bar.
- 2.1 CHANNEL IMMERSIVE SOUND EXPERIENCE - 120W Sound bar delivers noticeably better sound than your TV alone. With advanced technologies, TV sound bar delivers the clear audio your TV can’t. Sound bar with subwoofer produces powerful bass and surround sound, let you enjoy a dynamic home audio experience; With 110dB sound level pressure, VMAI sound bar delivers the heavy-bass performance, a detailed midrange, crisp treble, and beyond. Enjoy all the details of your music and movies.
- An impressive 550w of total system power
- Built-in chromecast, airplay2 and bluetooth
- Connector type: HDMI
- 10"" wireless subwoofer delivers deep, thrilling sound
- Now with alexa multi-room audio
- Jbl surround sound brings an immersive virtual 5.1 sound experience for your tv without any extra wires or speakers
- 4k pass-through with hdr 10 and dolby vision provides the best resolution
- 7.1.2ch Dolby Atmos/DTS X with Vertical Sound Engine
- Slim, low-profile design complements your TV
- Seven different sound modes to enhance your entertainment experience
- In the box: Remote Control, Batteries for remote, HDMI Cable, AC Adaptor, AC Cord, Quick Setup Guide, Instruction Manual
- Voice enhancement for greater clarity
- 4K HDR passthrough-enabled to ensure a high-quality entertainment experience
- Easily integrates with your AV system with HDMI and optical inputs
- Dual built-in subwoofers for deep bass
- One-cable HDMI eARC for simple, high-quality connection to your TV
- All sound upscaled close to 7.1.2ch audio
- GAME MODE - Boost your gaming experience with perfectly synced directional audio that moves with the action on-screen and crosstalk cancellation that minimizes distractions
- ONE REMOTE - Streamline control of both your Samsung TV and soundbar with just the Samsung TV remote
- BASS BOOST - Give your bass an instant boost with the push of a button on the soundbar
- SUBWOOFER INCLUDED - Wireless subwoofer is included so you can enjoy deep bass right out of the box All-in-one
- ADAPTIVE SOUND LITE - Enhanced audio tracking for your content in real time, with technology that equalizes background music and consistent volume control
- BLUETOOTH TV CONNECTION - Set up is a breeze. Easily connect your soundbar to your TV by connecting wirelessly
- WIRELESS SURROUND SOUND COMPATIBLE - Turn your soundbar into a complete surround sound system with optional rear Samsung speakers in a few simple steps without the mess of wires
- 24 watt Class D digital amplifier
- Patented AccuVoice technology delivers state-of-the-art voice clarity.
- Dolby Digital decoding
- New remote control uses large buttons with easy to read labels
- AccuVoice dialogue enhancement with 12 levels of voice boost
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric
- Included Components: Wall Mount Bracket, Cable Management
- Subwoofer (WxHxD)-7.1 x 15.4 x 11.5 inches
- Clear Voice for enhanced dialogue clarity
- Built-in subwoofers for deep bass in one slim sound bar
- Included components: Remote control
- DTS Virtual: X virtual 3D surround sound
- Simple setup with HDMI or optical
- Bluetooth streaming that allows easy switching between two devices
What to Look For in a highest rated sound bars?
It may take a long longer to make the best shopping decision. As a result, we are accessible to assist you with your highest rated sound bars issue at any time of day or night!
There are some highlighted features of highest rated sound bars you should be aware of before make decision:
Wi-Fi And Bluetooth
There are special sound modes for various audio types, such as watching movies, listening to music, or gaming. You can adjust the treble and bass settings depending on what you are watching/listening too.
Compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa for voice-controlled music.
Front-panel displays that display important information, such as volume levels. Make sure to check if this display is able to be switched off when it's not in use so that it does not become distracting.
Number Of Channels And Speakers
Ease Of Set-up And Use
RELATED: The best hifi soundbar for every need and budget, based on over 18,851 reviews from former users.
Can You Use Any Soundbar With Any TV?There are very few exceptions to this rule. However, you can still use your soundbar with any TV. It is helpful sometimes to match soundbar and TV brands. New soundbars often use HDMI ARC to transmit the audio from the TV's speakers through the soundbar. If both of your devices have this port, you are good. An optical connection is available on some older soundbars, and almost all TVs have them.
Can A Sound Bar Be Used As A Center Speaker?There are some that can and others that can't, but it's not something we recommend. Although a passive soundbar could technically be used to provide center channel speakers, this is not what it was designed for. This is like asking a pitcher to play both catch and second base instead of the only position that he excels at.
Can You Add Speakers To A Sound Bar?There are both yes and no. Some sound bars have additional speakers that can be added to the system, which brings you closer to home theatre sound. If the soundbar is multi-room compatible, then wireless rear speakers can be added. This is a good option for those who have or want to install a multi-room sound system in their home.
Will A Soundbar Improve Sound Quality?Modern TVs have very tiny speakers which bounce sound off of your TV. As a result, they can be distant and harsh. A soundbar can be added to most TVs to improve their sound quality, particularly when it comes down to reproducing spoken words. It will also allow you to listen to music.
How Do I Connect A Soundbar To My TV?There are three ways you can output soundbars depending on your TV's age: digital optical, analog (3.5mm headphones or RCA), and digital optical. Make sure your soundbar is compatible with the TV's connections before you purchase it. HDMI is the most popular input for soundbars. If your TV has less than 5 years, it will likely be compatible. However, it is worth checking twice.
Can You Add A Subwoofer To A Sound Bar?Wireless sound bars often come with a subwoofer. You can also add your own wireless subwoofer to the sound bars that do not have one. If you desire an immersive experience, you'll want it.
Where Do I Place My Soundbar?The soundbars can be placed directly in front of your TV using a stand, or any other type of furniture. They are usually less than 2 inches high so they won't interfere with the infrared remote port of your TV or block it. Some soundbars are also wall-mountable and include brackets. There are third-party kits that can be used to mount soundbars on the wall.
What Is "Cinema Sound"?Many sound bars offer a "cinema sound", or "movieplex sounds", which, according to them, mimics real home theater sound. Reality: It adds a small digital delay to the sound, similar to a fractional echo (think of reverb). Although it doesn't create a true home theatre sound, it can make the room seem larger. Some are incredible, but it's not free.
Can You Use A Soundbar To Play Music?A soundbar can make music play through your TV much more enjoyable. Bluetooth is a feature that many soundbars offer, so you won't have to turn on the TV to hear your music. A soundbar that has a wireless subwoofer will work best to reproduce deep bass and dynamics.
Are Soundbars Really Worth It?They are well worth the investment when compared to how loud your TV sounds. A soundbar costs only $100 and can make your TV viewing experience 10x better. A soundbar can make it easier to understand speech by allowing TV speakers to face down.
We will keep the list of highest rated sound bars up-to-date once there are new technology and information available. Please check our website frequently to see the most up-to-date information by our editor.
Do you have any questions or comments regarding highest rated sound bars that you'd like to share with us? We will try to attain even greater comedy as a result of your efforts.