The Modern Vinyl Record Players For 2023
1. Best Overall: 1 by ONE Vinyl Record Player
1 by ONE is a "Decorative Vinyl Record Player" with a sleek design, the corner design is truly atmospheric and stylish. It is made from wood and metal materials with a unique sense of layering. The magnet-type cartridge and adjustable counterweight provide an optimal sound experience whenever you want to listen to your favorite songs.
2. Best For The Price: VOKSUN Vintage Vinyl Record Player
VOKSUN Vintage Vinyl Record Player is a balanced combination of mid-century modern and retro charm. This elegant design is crafted with distinctive craftsmanship and built to last. The sound quality is just as warm and smooth as your favorite vinyls, thanks to the premium selection of speakers.
3. Best Easy To Use: Udreamer Vinyl Record Player
Enjoy the convenience of listening to your vinyl records with a modern device that combines the sound of a turntable with the convenience of Bluetooth connectivity. With built-in speakers and an RCA line-out, you can even use your favorite high-quality headphones for private listening.
4. Best Sound Quality: 1 BY ONE Vinyl Record Player
It's a compact and affordable record player that's capable of rocking out to your favorite vinyl-only tunes. This Bluetooth Connectivity Model includes pre-amplifier and phono line, plus an adjustable counterweight for a more precise mix.
5. Best For Beginner: VOKSUN Vintage Vinyl Record Player
Crafted with care and style, this mid-century modern design is elegant in its simplicity and unmistakable in its style. Boasting premium sound quality for a smooth and warm sound, VOKSUN was designed to stand the test of time.
Today, most people have access to a record player and an abundance of high-quality vinyl records. This has led to a resurgence in the popularity of listening to music on vinyl again. The affordability of new turntables has also contributed greatly to its comeback by making them accessible to everyone. Vinyl records are back in vogue because they offer superior sound quality than their digital counterparts.
They’re also ideal for replaying old favorites without worrying about damaging them with repeated playbacks or sonic alterations from digital compression algorithms. The increasing availability of vintage and new records has made it easier than ever before to listen to your favorite tunes. You can even build your own speaker system with a small collection of components to make good old-fashioned stereo sound from your home recordings even better.
Our team spent about 16 hours researching, sifting, and selecting many high-quality models. As an outcome, We think the modern vinyl record players is 1 by ONE Vinyl Record Player. The record player has a built-in adjustable counterweight to balance the weight of different records on the platter and provides hours of entertainment as it plays in four different modes. In addition to the other suggestions on this list, which are equally deserving of your consideration, we have also compiled a helpful buyer's guide to assist you in making your decision.
RELATED: Before we make some specific things, here is some information and explanation about best turntables for listening for your preference.
Our Top Picks
Bluetooth Streaming: Pair and play music from all your favorite devices iPhone and Android smartphones, tablets, PCs, usb-mp3 players through the turntable’s speakers using Bluetooth
All in 1: This turntable spins at both 33 and 45 RPM speeds, the turntable’s speaker can play other devices’ music wirelessly by Bluetooth or using the Aux-in port, and the built-in amplifier allows connection to your own externally-powered speakers
Audio-Technica Stylus, The diamond-tipped Audio-Technica stylus cartridge is designed to produce rich sound and outstanding clarity, tracking your record’s grooves with precision for accurate, high-definition audio
Exquisite Appearance: Built from wood and metal materials with a unique sense of layering; The streamlined corner design is truly atmospheric and stylish(Note: long hold the start button to turn the power on, and press again to start)
Magnet-type Cartridge and Adjustable Counterweight: Essentials for any serious classic turntable; These work to balance each channel and produce rich and warm audio, releasing authentic sound so you can find freedom from noise and distortion
🎁VOKSUN assure you a satisfying shopping experience with 12 month worry free warranty & 24 hours customer service.
💿A balanced combination of mid-century modern and retro charm, elegantly designed with distinctive craftsmanship, every detail made to last;
🎻 All-in-one turntable play at 3 selectable speed for 7", 10" & 12" vinyl records with 45RPM adaptor included; Perfect entry level record player;
🔊Bluetooth receive function turn your record player into a wireless speaker; AM/FM & Aux-in & RCA out & Headphone jack meet your various streaming needs;
🎶 Premium sound quality help you truly appreciate the warm and smooth sound of your vinyls. Dual built-in stereo speakers ready to blast out of the box;
- 【Respond】24 hours one-on-one respond, any questions about our LP player,please feel free to contact us
- 【Vintage & Fashion Combination】Made of vintage wooden,combined with modern fashion technology, allows you enjoying retro-style music by vinyl records or digital music with wireless tech.Removable dust cover keeps your record player clean and new
- 【Turntable & Belt-driven Shock Absorption】Turntable base equipped with spring and belt-driven design greatly absorb the shock, provide you a quality and smooth music
- 【Bluetooth Input & USB Connect & RCA line-out】Built in stereo speakers,with Bluetooth wireless technology,elegantly listen to your music in your phone.Use USB function to directly play music. For better or louder sound, connect external speaker via RCA cable
- 【 3 Speed &3 Sizes Record】Support 3 listening speeds (33-1/3, 45 and 78 RPM) and 3 sizes of record (7'', 10'' and 12''), enjoy your relaxing time with this LP turntable record player
- Wireless streaming, play music from all your favorite devices like iPhones, Android smartphones, tablets, PCs and usb-mp3 players through the turntable’s speakers with Bluetooth function
- Solid iron platter, precision-manufactured iron platter produces uniform inertial mass for perfect stability and rotation, Brings high-fidelity playback to the next level, Please watch the 3-minute Quick Installation video for easy installation
- Great connectivity, Built-in switchable phono line and pre-amplifier allow connection to the set of included speakers or to your own externally-powered speakers via the dual RCA output cables
- Vinyl Recording Via PC, Connect this turntable to your computer via usb and encode vinyl audio into MP3s for digitalized storage and playback on your computer, smartphone or tablet
- Adjustable counterweight force, essential for any serious classic Turntable, Tonearm counterweight coupled with the advanced anti-skating system produces smooth stylus movement and tunes out skipping and distortion
- 🔊Bluetooth receive function turn your record player into a wireless speaker; AM/FM & Aux-in & RCA out & Headphone jack meet your various streaming needs;
- 🎻 All-in-one turntable play at 3 selectable speed for 7", 10" & 12" vinyl records with 45RPM adaptor included; Perfect entry level record player;
- 🎁VOKSUN assure you a satisfying shopping experience with 12 month worry free warranty & 24 hours customer service.
- 🎶 Premium sound quality help you truly appreciate the warm and smooth sound of your vinyls. Dual built-in stereo speakers ready to blast out of the box;
- 💿A balanced combination of mid-century modern and retro charm, elegantly designed with distinctive craftsmanship, every detail made to last;
- TAKE YOUR TUNES ANYWHERE - Housed in a vintage suitcase with an easy carry handle, Victrola's blend of retro and contemporary design give you the ultimate flexibility to listen to music where you want and how you want – a great choice for vinyl lovers
- NO STEREO SYSTEM OR EXTRA EQUIPMENT REQUIRED. Get it up and running in minutes. Retro looks combined with the convenience of modern technology makes this affordable record player ideal for beginners & vintage enthusiasts
- THREE SPEED BELT-DRIVEN TURNTABLE - This 3-speed (33 1/3, 45, 78 rpm) suitcase record player features UPGRADED PREMIUM SOUND QUALITY and sits on sound isolating feet that prevent vibration. It is perfect for your living room, bedroom or office.
- EXPANDED CONNECTION OPTIONS - Stream smartphone audio through the turntable’s built-in Bluetooth speakers. Easily connect external speakers via the stereo RCA outputs, or use the Line input for non-Bluetooth devices like a CD player. For personal listening, connect your headphones to the headphone jack.
- Connectivity technology: Wired
- A RECORD PLAYER THAT SUITS YOUR PERSONALITY - Combined with Victrola’s unparalleled sound quality and exquisite craftsmanship, and a wide range of styles, patterns and colors to choose from, get ready to create lifelong music memories
- ALL THE CONTROLS YOU NEED - Features an Input select knob, Power/Volume Knob & an Auto stop switch that stops spinning records once the record is finished playing.
- ♬【3-Speeds Turntable】Support 3-Sizes of 7/10/12 inch vinyl record and 3-Speeds of 33/45/78 RMP playing speeds. You will love this belt driven turntable to play all of your 3-sizesvinyl records from today and yesterday and have an enjoyable experience to share your old records with your kids/ parents/ grandparents/ friends.
- ♬【Modern Design & Vintage Experience】White fresh design, suits better for modern home decoration, while vintage music experience brings you infinite beautiful memories of the old times. The briefcase design makes it easy for moving, you can take it anywhere, enjoy your life. Great ideal for Christmas Day, Father, Mother, and friends.
- ♬【Bluetooth Record Player】Built in Bluetooth receiver, wirelessly play your phone music. You can stream your iTunes through the record player over the Bluetooth connection. The RCA 2 channel connection on the back of the record player, allows you to hook it up to your external stereo system/ bigger speakers/Amplifier.
- ♬【Vinyl-to-MP3 Recording】Playing vinyl records usually renders a much fuller spectrum of sounds, ranges and rhythms than people who have only listened to compressed digitized music. It sounds more full, real and live. With the enclosed software you can also record WAV/ MP3 audio from a vinyl record for later playback on your computer and mobile devices.
- ♬【Rechargeable Battery】The record player comes with a built-in 2100 mAH rechargeable lithium battery（up to 5 hours play） + built-in BT speakers + RCA output + Headphone jack + Aux in.
- NO STEREO SYSTEM OR EXTRA EQUIPMENT REQUIRED. Get it up and running in minutes. Retro looks combined with the convenience of modern technology make this record player a great value - ideal for beginners & vintage enthusiasts alike
- Output wattage: 30 watts
- Compatible devices: Bluetooth enabled Devices
- Connectivity technology: Wired
- EXPANDED CONNECTION OPTIONS – Extend the sound by connecting external speakers or an amplifier via the RCA Line outputs (cable included). For personal listening, plug your headphones into the headphone jack
- THREE SPEED BELT-DRIVEN TURNTABLE – This 3-speed (33 1/3, 45, 78 rpm) record player features UPGRADED PREMIUM SOUND QUALITY with minimum vibrations. It is perfect for your living room, bedroom or office and a great choice for vinyl lovers
- 6-in-1 ENTERTAINMENT CENTER – With vintage looks on the outside & modern features inside, listen your way; vinyl records, CDs, cassettes, AM/FM radio or stream music from your smartphone via Bluetooth or 3.5 mm Aux/headphone jack
- 💿[Vintage is back on the Stage]: Solid wood appearance makes this record player retro sense and fashion sense coexist, illustrate the extraordinary taste;
- 🔊 [2 Built-in Full Range Stereo Speakers]: Unique Anti-Resonance Design via 3 elastic plugs planted under the platter to minimize vibration. Produce the sound crisp and warm with stunning clarity;
- 🎁[More Practical Features]: Fitted with Aux & RCA jacks, the turntable provides optional ways to connect the phone and external speakers. Removable hinged dust cover protects your vinyl records when not in use；
- 🎻[All In One Turntable]: 3 speed 33, 45 & 78 RPM for 7", 10" & 12" vinyl records, 45RPM adaptor included. Use one record player whether you want to listen to new records or old classic records;
- 🎶[Wireless Bluetooth Technology]: Connected the the record player with phone/tablet, users can play and control more kinds of music freely even without vinyl records;
【NO EXTRA EQUIPMENT REQUIRED】Set up easily and get started in minutes. Ideal for beginners and vinyl enthusiasts to get your fun time. Suitable for your bedroom/living room/office thanks to the perfect size and premium sound quality.
【THREE-SPEED & THREE-SIZES TURNTABLE】Support 3-Size of 7/10/12″records and 3-Speed of 33/45/78 RMP playing speeds. Belt-driven system matches technical Anti-Resonance design to achieve better sound quality to you.
【Retrolife INDIVIDUAL SUITCASE RECORD PLAYER】A satisfying combo of modern and vintage elements. Black classic PU leather outlook with retro bronze metal screws and nets, you can take it everywhere with its solid handle. Be ready to create your own music memories.
【FOUR AVAILABLE CONNECTION CHOICES】Music streaming digital audio via turntable built-in Bluetooth speakers. Hook up external speakers through RCA output or Aux-in line for non-Bluetooth devices like MP3. You can use your headphones to get private listening. Just seize the day with music.
【USEFUL KNOBS INCLUDED】An Auto-stop switch that stops spinning once the record playing at the end of the record. Quick mode switch(Bluetooth/Aux-in/Phono) for your simple use. Great to use it when you need relaxation, party and gathering etc.
What to Look For in a modern vinyl record players?
Until now, numerous customers trust the information and advice we offer them, which means our offers to you are accurate and up to date all the time. This objective is being pursued with tremendous zeal and attention.
It's necessary to keep in mind the following points for selecting modern vinyl record players:
Some turntables come with switchable preamps that can be switched on and off depending on the plugging device.
Styluses And Cartridges
The stylus, or "needle", is what sits inside the grooves of the record. It is crucial to choose the right shape for the stylus. An elliptical stylus will pick up more information than one that has a conical surface because it touches more records. Audiophiles also believe that conical styluses work better with old records because they take up more space after the groove has been expanded through repeated plays.
The stylus is held in the cartridge, which converts its movements into electric signals. The most popular cartridge types are moving magnet (MM), and moving coil (MC). Most turntables will use MM cartridges because they areer and more convenient to change needles. However, MC cartridges can be lighter and pick up more groove changes than MM cartridges. They are also more costly.
Models with direct drive motors are mounted beneath the platter. In a belt drive, the motor is attached to one end by a rubber belt. The turntable can be spun at higher speeds and is compacted by direct drives. Belt models, on the other hand, isolate any extra noise from the motor.
The extra electric signals along the tonearm and the mechanical movement are what audio purists believe affect the sound. Full-auto, however, is the best option if you don't want to have to stand up for half an hour every time.
Adjusting the track force can be delicate, but this is worth it to improve sound quality. You also have a lower chance of damaging your records by too much downward force.
Adjusting the counterweight at the back of your tonearm can change the tracking force. First, balance the tonearm horizontally. Next, twist the counterweight to get the right downforce (as indicated in the instruction).
RELATED: Before we make some specific things, here is some information and explanation about best rega turntable for your preference.
How To Make The Turntable Louder?
If the phonostage isn't connected correctly or not properly, your turntable might play slowly. A properly sized, wired and connected phonostage is the best way to unlock your turntable's potential.
What Makes One Turntable Sound Better Than Another?
You need to take into account many factors. The quality of both the stylus and cartridge is important. Some turntables simply have more features, which allow for better accuracy and less vibration.
Can You Connect A Turntable Directly To Speakers?
It all depends on whether the connectors in your device can accommodate your speakers. Most of them will. It shouldn't be a problem connecting your turntable and its speakers.
What’s An Automatic Turntable?
A turntable that is automatic uses a combination of automatic features and a tonearm to lift itself from its resting place and position itself above your record for playback. After the track has finished, the device will automatically lift from its resting place and go back to the original position.
This is a preferred method by some users as it reduces the amount of effort required to stop and play your turntable. However, this does not mean you can't manually lift the tonearm. It's still possible.
Is It Bad To Leave A Record On The Turntable?
It is. It is a habit that even certified audiophiles sometimes forget to put their records in their jackets, but it's important to always do this.
Your record will be more likely to get damaged or dirty if it is not kept out in the open. You're guilty of this habit, but at the very least you should not forget to close the dust cover.
Do I Need A Preamp For My Turntable?
Both yes and no. A preamp is necessary for every turntable to convert its sounds into something your record player can hear, as well as other audio devices.
Because most turntables have their preamp built in, it's not necessary. If this is the case then you don't need a separate preamp.
However, we understand that not everyone wants to improve their sound and decide to purchase a preamp separately. For more information, if you are one of these people, please see our next question.
How Many Times Can You Listen To A Vinyl Record?
The vinyl record is a great resource for work. The record can be listened to over 100 times with no loss of sound quality.