The Most Portable Laptops For 2023
1. Best Overall: 2021 Apple MacBook Pro 14-inch
The new 2021 MacBook Pro is lighter and faster than ever with up to 10-core CPU, high-performance SSD storage and up to 16GB of RAM. The six-speaker sound system with force-cancelling woofer delivers high fidelity audio, while the 1080p FaceTime HD camera with advanced image signal processor and TrueTone flash automatically optimizes photos. Read Review
2. Runner Up: 2022 Acer Convertible 2-in-1 Chromebook-13inch
The Acer Convertible 2-in-1 is the perfect laptop for both work and play. With an FHD Display, you'll enjoy a highly responsive touchscreen that flips over to reveal a convertible tablet with a 13" display. The 8th generation Intel Core i5 processor provides powerful performance while the 4GB enables rapid boot-ups and speedy multitasking. Read Review
3. Best Quality: Lenovo Chromebook C330 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop, 11.6" HD Display
The Lenovo Chromebook C330 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop with an 11.6" HD display is designed to connect. It includes a variety of USB ports and a camera to make sure you stay in touch with friends and family when you're on the go. Plus, it comes equipped with Bluetooth 4.2 technology so you can connect wirelessly to wireless peripherals like mice, keyboards and speakers. Read Review
4. Best Storage: ASUS Laptop L210 11.6” ultra thin, Intel Celeron N4020 Processor
Experience Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 Personal in a slim and portable laptop with the ASUS Laptop L210. This sleek, lightweight laptop has a beautiful 11.6" HD display and Intel Celeron N4020 processor for superior performance. Windows 10 is pre-installed so you can start right away without hassle. Read Review
If you need to take your laptop with you wherever you go, you should invest in a smaller model. Even if the larger one stays at home, it can be troublesome to lug around all the time. A smaller model will make things easier, particularly if you want to keep your baggage as light as possible on any given day.
Although many factors determine how portable a laptop is, the size of its screen is among the most important considerations. When purchasing a smaller device like this, it’s essential to remember which characteristics are more important than others. The display size can significantly impact portability because it often dictates how much space is available for other things inside the case itself. Therefore, this article will give you the most portable laptops.
Before making our recommendations, our specialists spend substantial time researching and analyzing your requirements. Then we found the 2021 Apple MacBook Pro 14-inch with HDCP support is the most excellent choice for its high-quality performance. If you're looking for another one, consider 2022 Acer Convertible 2-in-1 Chromebook-13inch.
RELATED: We've compiled 5,725+ customer reviews to find the 16 inch touch screen laptop in 2023 for you. See our top picks and buying guide here.
Our Top Picks
2021 Apple MacBook Pro 14-inch
- Apple M1 Pro or M1 Max chip for a massive leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Up to 10-core CPU delivers up to 3.7x faster performance to fly through pro workflows quicker than ever
- Stunning 14-inch Liquid Retina XDR display with extreme dynamic range and contrast ratio
- 16-core Neural Engine for up to 11x faster machine learning performance
- 1080p FaceTime HD camera with advanced image signal processor for sharper video calls
- Up to 32-core GPU with up to 13x faster performance for graphics-intensive apps and games
- Up to 8TB of superfast SSD storage launches apps and opens files in an instant
- Up to 64GB of unified memory so everything you do is fast and fluid
- Six-speaker sound system with force-cancelling woofers
- Longer battery life, up to 17 hours
- IEEE 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0 Combo
- 2x USB Type C, 1x USB Type A, 1x Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack
- Qualcomm 8-Core Processor, 4GB DDR4 Ram, 64GB eMMC SSD
- Chrome OS
- 13" Frameless FHD IPS Touchscreen Display with 360 Flip, Qualcomm Graphics
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- Built to connect, this notebook computer includes a variety of USB ports for effortless connectivity. Plus, stay in touch with the built-in camera. Bluetooth 4.2
- Users love it; "High end features for a low price," says one happy reviewer. Another adds, "This Chromebook has far exceeded my expectations. The speed is snappy and the device responds quickly to gestures and commands."
- Get high performance when you need it – The Chromebook C330 boots up in seconds and features easy-to-use Chrome OS, plenty of memory and storage, and so much more
- The Lenovo Chromebook C330 is easy to use, offers built-in virus protection and keeps going with long battery life. No setup needed – Just login with a Google account so emails, maps, documents, and photos stay with you via cloud storage
- Sleek, stylish, and secure, this 360⁰ convertible laptop is less than 1-inch thin and about the weight of a hardback book, with an 11-inch touchscreen display that's perfect for day-to-day computing and multimedia, on or offline
- Windows 10 in S Mode with One Year of Microsoft 365 Personal
- Slim and Portable: 0.7” thin and weighs only 2.2 lbs (battery included)
- 64GB eMMC Flash Storage and 4GB DDR4 RAM
- 11.6” HD (1366 x 768) Slim Display
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- Efficient Intel Celeron N4020 Processor (4M Cache, up to 2.8 GHz)
- 【Upgraded to 16GB DDR4 RAM】Substantial high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing applications, as well as multiple programs and browser tabs all at once
- 【Windows 10 Home in S mode】You may switch to regular windows 10: Press "Start button" bottom left of the screen; Select "Settings" icon above "power" icon;Select Update & Security and Activation, then Go to Store; Select "Get" option under "Switch out of S mode"; Hit Install. (If you also see an "Upgrade your edition of Windows" section, be careful not to click the "Go to the Store" link that appears there.)
- 【High-definition display】 HP 14.0-inch diagonal Full HD, SVA, BrightView, micro-edge, WLED-backlit
- 【Upgraded storage to 1TB HDD+128GB SSD】Provides massive storage space for huge files, so that you can store important digital data and work your way through it with ease. It gives you enormous space to save all of your files
- 【AMD Ryzen Mobile Processor】 AMD Ryzen 3 3250U,Uplift your performance and multitask seamlessly with accelerated power and efficiency, while enjoying stunning HD visuals
2020 Apple MacBook Air Laptop: Apple M1 Chip
- Stunning Display – With a 13.3” Retina display, images come alive with new levels of realism. Text is sharp and clear, and colors are more vibrant.
- Why Mac – Easy to learn. Easy to set up. Astoundingly powerful. Intuitive. Packed with apps to use right out of the box. Mac is designed to let you work, play, and create like never before.
- Superfast Memory – 8GB of unified memory makes your entire system speedy and responsive. That way it can support tasks like memory-hogging multitab browsing and opening a huge graphic file quickly and easily.
- Easy to Learn – If you already have an iPhone, MacBook Air feels familiar from the moment you turn it on. And it works perfectly with all your Apple devices. Use your iPad to extend the workspace of your Mac, answer texts and phone calls directly on your Mac, and more.
- Fanless Design – Your MacBook Air stays cool and runs quietly even while tackling intense workloads.
- Powerful Performance – Take on everything from professional-quality editing to action-packed gaming with ease. The Apple M1 chip with an 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance than the previous generation while using way less power.
- Simply Compatible – All your existing apps work, including Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft 365, and Google Drive. Plus you can use your favorite iPhone and iPad apps directly on macOS. Altogether you’ll have access to the biggest collection of apps ever for Mac. All available on the App Store.
- All-Day Battery Life – Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Environmentally Friendly – MacBook Air is made with a 100% recycled aluminum enclosure and uses less energy for a smaller carbon footprint.
- AppleCare – Every Mac comes with a one-year limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary technical support. Get AppleCare+ to extend your coverage and reduce the stress and cost of unexpected repairs.
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours battery life
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum power supply wattage: 65 Watts
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- No setup required. Log in to your Chromebook laptop with your Google account and you're ready to go. Easy access to collaborative tools on G Suite and the full library of apps on Google Play
- Enjoy your favorite streaming videos and music. The 3-side narrow bezel HD display delivers beautiful clarity, while dual 2W stereo speakers offer crystal-clear audio
- Take it with you. With up to 10 hours of battery life, you can stay productive on the go
- Stay connected with the 720p webcam, 2x2 WiFi 5 (802.11 ac), and Bluetooth 4.2 combo with WiFi card. You'll also have 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 12 (Type-C) ports, 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 12 (Type-A) ports, a microSD Card Reader, and an audio combo jack
- Slim and lightweight, this notebook computer goes anywhere. Running on lightning-fast Chrome OS, it boots up in seconds, updates automatically, and keeps you safe with built-in virus protection
- EFFORTLESSLY CONNECTED – Get a smoother wireless experience with up to 3x faster file transfer speeds than Wi-Fi 5, thanks to the Wi-Fi 6 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5.0 combo (9) (10) (11)
- CUSTOM-TUNED SPEAKERS – Enjoy exceptional stereo quality with your laptop computer’s custom-tuned, dual speaker setup
- POWER THROUGH FROM ANYWHERE – Designed to keep you productive and entertained from anywhere, the HP 14-inch Laptop combines long-lasting battery life with a thin and portable design
- MEMORY AND STORAGE – Boost your performance with higher bandwidth, courtesy of 8 GB of RAM. Plus, with 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD storage, save all of your photos, videos, and documents while getting up to 15x faster performance than a traditional hard drive (4) (5)
- WINDOWS 10 AND WARRANTY – Work confidently with both the familiar feel of the Windows 10 Home operating system and the guaranteed coverage of an HP 1-year limited hardware warranty (8)
- INFINITE POSSIBILITIES – Whether you are creating, working, or being entertained, do it all with the supreme performance of the AMD Ryzen 5 5500U Mobile Processor and AMD Radeon Graphics (2) (3)
- FULL HD DISPLAY – Enjoy your favorite content in 1080p for crystal-clear visuals and vibrant image quality (1). Beyond pixel count, your display lets you see more from anywhere thanks to the micro-edge bezel and anti-glare screen
- WORK/LEARN REMOTELY – Keep in contact with your colleagues and administrators with the HP True Vision 720p HD camera featuring integrated dual-array digital microphones (12)
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY – Stay energy-efficient and reduce your carbon footprint with a laptop that is ENERGY STAR certified and EPEAT Silver registered (13) (14)
- STAY CONNECTED – Have convenient power all day with up to 9 hours and 45 minutes of battery life (6); your HP laptop also recharges quickly as HP Fast Charge Technology takes your device from 0 to 50% charge in approximately 45 minutes (7)
2022 Newest Dell Inspiron 15 3000 3511 15.6" FHD Touchscreen Laptop
- 802.11ac 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth; 2x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1x USB 2.0 Type-A, 1x SD Card Reader, 1x HDMI Out 1.4b, 1x Headphone/Microphone Combination Jack.
- 64GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory; 2TB PCIe NVMe SSD.
- 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED Backlight Touch Narrow Border WVA Display Display; Intel UHD Graphics.
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor @ 1.00GHz (4 Cores, 6M Cache, up to 3.60 GHz).
- Windows 11 Home (64-bit); Non-Backlit Keyboard, English; Carbon Black.
How to choose a good model of most portable laptops
Choosing the most portable laptops to buy might be difficult, but it is critical to locate a reputable brand that provides high-quality goods. This article will assist you in determining which is the greatest brand to purchase for high-quality items.
Before purchasing the most portable laptops for your needs, there are several aspects to consider. The intended usage of the product is the most significant aspect. To avoid harming customers, the finest goods must be ensured on production materials. Here are some suggestions for purchasing the most portable laptops.
For the most part, 8 gigabytes should suffice for Windows users. However upgrading to 16GB will increase your computer's performance and be a requirement for gamers. Before you purchase RAM, make sure it is properly soldered to your motherboard. It is impossible to replace the RAM if it has been soldered.
If you have the funds, consider an SSD drive. It should be at least 256 gigabytes. SSDs perform faster than older standards like SATA, particularly if you use NVMe. This allows data to be transferred from the drive quickly.
Understanding Processor Names (CPUs)
Two companies make laptop processors, Intel and AMD.
At least one USB-C and at most one USB-A are required, as well as a microphone/headset connector. You should also consider USB-C charging and an SD reader.
Do I Need A GPU (Graphics Processing Unit)?To create images on your computer's screen, graphics cards are used in conjunction with the CPU. Many desktops have integrated graphics units (IGU) These units are very simple and will handle basic tasks. They are not sufficient to handle games and other complex computing. Many gamers opt for IGUs with dedicated gaming hardware. It improves performance as well as portability.
How Much RAM Do I Need?For most users, we recommend at least 8GB. This should suffice for most web browsing tasks, spreadsheet editing, occasional photo and video editing, as well as basic web browsing. If you use Adobe Photoshop and Premiere regularly, play 3D drafting or work in app or web development, you might consider upgrading to 16GB. You can not add more memory to laptops after they are purchased. This usually costs $100 to $200.
Which Is Better, MacOS Or Windows?Personal preference and financial budget will determine which laptop is best for you.
There are many software options between them, so you shouldn't have to choose one. A Windows laptop has the advantage of gaming.
MacOS can also be used more easily and safely than Windows. This is especially true for those who need their computer to do the work.
Are Chromebooks Worth It?They are indeed, but not suitable for all users. Google Chrome OS, which Google launched 10 years ago, has made a lot of progress. Chromebooks are laptops running on Chrome OS that can be used for web browsing or mobile applications. These laptops are simple to use, secure and affordable. They can only run Windows and Mac software natively.
What's The Best Laptop For Home, Travel, Or Both?Many people's work habits were affected by the pandemic. People who used laptops to travel frequently may find that these ultra-portable devices are no longer suitable for home work. You might prefer a larger display and more power to play games than a long-lasting battery.
Consider a 15.6 inch laptop or bigger if you plan to use your laptop for work and do not need to move it around much.
Travel with a 13- or 14 inch laptop or two in one is the best option. These laptops are the most lightweight and compact, but they still provide excellent battery life.
Which Laptop Is Best For Gaming Or Creating?Any laptop can be used to create and play games. However, the component of the laptop will determine the content and speed with which it is played and created.
You don't require a gaming laptop to play casual web-based games.
You will need more money to buy discrete graphics such as Nvidia's RTX 30 series GPUs.
Gaming screens should have a 120Hz refresh rate or higher to make games run smoothly. Displays that can display 100% of the sRGB colour space are ideal for content creation.
Which Laptops Last The Longest?A good laptop should last between three and five years depending on the type of notebook you purchase. An ultrabook or business notebook, as well as a MacBook, will last longer and feel better than an inexpensive laptop under $500 with only a plastic body and basic processing. A laptop you use primarily around your home will last longer than one you take with you on trips. It is easier to add more storage and memory to business laptops and photo editing laptops to prolong their life expectancy. Gaming laptops will be more worn than any other types of laptops, as new 3D gaming apps are becoming increasingly demanding.
We hope that our helpful advice has assisted you in locating the most portable laptops for your requirements. If you still can't locate one, contact the HP Stream 14-inch Laptop, Intel Celeron N4000, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC. If you encounter an issue, please contact us as soon as possible; we would be pleased to assist you with any questions or concerns. Now is an excellent moment to purchase!
READ NEXT: The Complete Guide For Best Smartphone Overall Of 2023