The Most Powerful Internet Router For 2023
1. Best Overall: TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A7) -Dual Band Gigabit
TP-Link OneMesh WiFi Extenders are designed to work seamlessly with TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router. They provide a seamless WiFi experience when installed together and can be used as an alternative to a wired internet connection. With 3 external antennas, this wifi extender has long range Wi-Fi coverage, perfect for those who need more space or a wider signal. Read Review
2. Best Bang For The Buck: NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S Smart Wi-Fi Router (R8000P)
Experience Nighthawk X6S Smart Wi-Fi Router with powerful dual core 1.8GHz processor, 6 amplified antennas, Beamforming, MU-MIMO, Smart Connect, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls and more for your home. Easy setup with our app and enjoy the best wireless coverage. Read Review
3. Best Easy Setup: TP-Link AX1800 WiFi 6 Router Dual Band Wireless Internet Router
Get a fast and powerful WiFi router for your home. TP-Link Archer AX1800 is a dual band WiFi router which offers a strong Wi-Fi coverage and delivers up to 3200Mbps speeds to every device in the network! With its Beamforming technology, 4 high-gain antennas and advanced FEM chipset, it has a more reliable performance than ever before. Read Review
4. Best Connectivity: Google Wifi - AC1200 - Mesh WiFi System - Wifi Router - 4500 Sq Ft
Parental controls let you manage screen time, restrict certain kinds of adult content, and pause Wifi to specific devices on your mesh network whenever you want. Google WiFi is easy to set up and control, with a simple mobile app that lets you connect to your mesh network in seconds. Read Review
Do you want to stay connected at home, office, or school? Do you want to stream movies and videos in HD, access all websites simultaneously, and share files seamlessly with your family? To meet these needs, owning the most potent internet router is necessary. A good internet router is an essential part of any home network. It not only connects all PCs and laptops in a house with one wire connection but also provides high-speed data access for every device connected.
With the right router, you can quickly get more bandwidth, download more songs or stream more videos simultaneously. Here we will list some of the best internet routers available today, from budget options to premium ones with advanced security features. We have reviewed the most powerful internet routers for your convenience.
Our team spent about hours researching, sifting, and selecting many high-quality models. Our TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A7) -Dual Band Gigabit with USB port acts is the product that receives the highest award from us. In addition to the other suggestions on this list, which equally deserve your consideration, we have compiled a helpful buyer's guide to assist you in making your decision.
RELATED: Our team research 3,017 customer reviews and create the list of 10 best wireless router for home for you.
Our Top Picks
- Integrated USB port acts as a media Server, easily share your USB drive content
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
- OneMesh Compatible Router- Form a seamless WiFi when work with TP-Link OneMesh WiFi Extenders
- TP-Link tether app easily set up and remotely manage your home network
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a gaming router
Best Bang For The Buck
NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S Smart Wi-Fi Router (R8000P)
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a dual core 1.8GHz processor, 6 amplified antennas, Beamforming, MU-MIMO, Smart Connect, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more.
- Maximum Range : 3500 Sq Ft
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- NETGEAR Armor protects your family's WiFi with an automatic shield of security across all your connected devices with a 30-day free trial.
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
- USB connections: Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1x3.0 and 1x2.0 USB ports.
- NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls promotes healthy Internet habits, fosters responsibility and builds trust with your kids (30-day free trial included).
- Recommended for up to 55 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.Double firewall protection (SPI and NAT)
- Fast Wi-Fi performance: Get up to 3500 square feet wireless coverage with AC4000 speed (Tri-band up to 750 + 1625 + 1625 Mbps).
- Certified for Humans: Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple
- VPN Server and Client: Archer AX21 Supports both VPN Server and VPN Client (Open/PPTP/L2TP over Ipsec)
- Extensive Coverage: Achieve the strong, reliable WiFi coverage with Archer AX1800 as it focuses signal strength to your devices far away using Beamforming technology, 4 high-gain antennas and an advanced front-end module (FEM) chipset
- Works with all internet service providers, such as Comcast, Charter, AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
- Dual-Band WiFi 6 Internet Router: Wi-Fi 6(802.11ax) technology achieves faster speeds, greater capacity and reduced network congestion compared to the previous generation
- Next-Gen 1.8 Gbps Speeds: Enjoy smoother and more stable streaming, gaming, downloading and more with WiFi speeds up to 1.8 Gbps (1200 Mbps on 5 GHz band and 574 Mbps on 2.4 GHz band)
- Connect more devices: Wi-Fi 6 technology communicates more data to more devices simultaneously using revolutionary OFDMA technology
Google Wifi - AC1200 - Mesh WiFi System - Wifi Router - 4500 Sq Ft
- Simple setup in a few steps; use the Google Home app to create your network and get online in minutes
- Please refer to the product description section below for all applicable legal disclaimers denoted by the bracketed numbers in the preceding bullet points (e.g. , , etc.)
- Google Wifi is a scalable flexible mesh Wifi system that blankets your home in reliable coverage and keeps buffering at bay; 1 Google Wifi point replaces your router and additional points expand your network to keep the connection fast in every room
- Intelligently works behind the scenes to make sure your Wifi remains fast so you can stream with speed
- Parental controls let you manage screen time, restrict certain kinds of adult content, and pause Wifi to specific devices on your mesh network whenever you want
- Sustainably designed; 49% of the plastic part weight is made with recycled material (2020 model)
- Google Wifi gives you whole home coverage; 1 Pack covers up to 1500 square feet and 3 Pack covers up to 4500 square feet; points work together to create a mesh network for more coverage
- Easy to control home Wifi system lets you prioritize devices check your network speeds, set up a guest network, and more
- Works with all Google Wifi points and can be added to any existing Nest Wifi system; just add more points if you need more coverage
TP-Link Deco WiFi 6 Mesh System(Deco X20) - Covers up to 5800 Sq.Ft.
- Easy Setup and Management - The Deco app helps you set up your network in minutes with clear visual guidance and keeps you in control even when you are not home; Works with Alexa as well Turn on or off Guest Wi-Fi by simple voice commands
- Connect More Devices - With Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Deco X20 (3-pack) is strong enough to connect up to 150 devices with strong and reliable Wi-Fi. Smartphone/Tablet Requirements: iOS 9.0 or later; Android 4.4 or later
- Each Deco X20 has 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports(6 in total for a 3-pack) and supports Wired Ethernet Backhaul for better speeds. Any of them can work as a Wi-Fi Router
- Peace of Mind with Parental Controls - Manage limit and monitor internet use with profiles that let you customize Wi-Fi access for every person and device in your home
- Works with all internet service provider (ISP) such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers). Ideal for any internet plan up to 1 Gbps
- Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Wi-Fi - Next-gen Wi-Fi 6 AX1800 whole home mesh system to eliminate weak Wi-Fi for good
- Whole Home Wi-Fi Coverage - Cover up to 5800 square feet with seamless high-performance Wi-Fi 6 and eliminate dead zones and buffering Better than traditional Wi-Fi booster
Speedefy AC2100 Smart WiFi Router - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router
- 【Outstanding Wireless Speed】 Speedefy K7 smart wireless router supports 2100M (1733Mbps/5GHz + 300Mbps/2.4GHz) dual band gigabit WiFi. Dual cores CPU reduces buffering and provides high speed web browsing, video streaming and gaming.
- 【Various Advanced Features】 Parental control manages your kids' internet access; Accelerate WiFi helps to quickly optimize your internet; Guest network separates own information from others’.
- 【Safeguard Security of Your Internet】Complete WPA2 protocols ensure internet security, detect and prevent risks from internet in real time, keep your WiFi stable and secure.
- 【Excellent and Powerful Signal】 Cutting-edge 7*6dBi external Antennas, 4*4 MU-MIMO, delivers powerful signal, coverage every corner of the room.
- 【Simple Setup, Easy Management】 One-Stop installation is easily achieved in 5 mins. App or web interface management brings more convenience for preference setting.
TP-Link AX5400 WiFi 6 Router (Archer AX73)- Dual Band Gigabit Wireless
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
- Full Featured WiFi 6 Router– Equipped with 4T4R and HE160 technologies on the 5 GHz band to enable max 4.8 Gbps ultra-fast connections.Power:12 V ⎓ 2.5 A
- Extensive Coverage - Enjoy stable WiFi connections, even in the kitchen and bedroom. High-Power FEM, 6× Antennas, Beamforming, and 4T4R structures combine to adapt WiFi coverage to perfectly fit your home and concentrate signal strength towards your devices
- More Vents, Less Heat – Improved vented areas help unleash the full power of the router
- TP-Link HomeShield – TP-Link's premium security services keep your home network safe with cutting-edge network and IoT protection. Free features: 1. Network Security Scan 2. Basic Parental Controls 3. QoS 4. Weekly/Monthly Reports 5. IoT Device Identification, HomeShield Pro paid service ads more robust protections and features for, 5.99/Month, 1-Month Free Trial
- Connect More Devices – Supports MU-MIMO and OFDMA to reduce congestion and 4X the average throughput
- USB Sharing – 1× USB 3.0 port enables easy media sharing and private cloud storage
- Gigabit WiFi for 8K Streaming – Up to 5400 Mbps WiFi for faster browsing, streaming, gaming and downloading, all at the same time
- NETGEAR Armor protects your family's WiFi with an automatic shield of security across all your connected devices with a 30-day free trial
- Connects to your existing cable modem and replaces your WiFi router. Compatible with any internet service provider up to 1Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, and DSL
- Coverage up to 2,500 sq. ft. for up to 25 devices
- NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls promotes healthy Internet habits, fosters responsibility and builds trust with your kids (30-day free trial included)
- Fast AX5400 Gigabit speed with WiFi 6 technology for uninterrupted streaming, HD video gaming, and web conferencing
- Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and more with 4 x 1G Ethernet ports Share a storage drive with any connected device and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere using the 1 x 3.0 USB port
- Backed by a 1-year limited hardware warranty
Linksys E8450 AX3200 WiFi 6 Router: Dual-Band Wireless Home Network
- FAST, EXPANDED COVERAGE FOR 25plus DEVICES: Bring capacity to handle more than 25plus mobile, streaming, gaming, and smart home devices to your WiFi network. Coverage up to 2,500 sq. ft. and speeds up to 3.2 Gbps.
- Amazon exclusive extended 18 month warranty
- PARENTAL CONTROLS: Advanced security features allow you to limit online time and black specific websites for your kid's devices. Share internet, not personal data, with a separate guest network.
- 24/7 CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Customer support is available in English 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- QUICK, EASY SET UP: Browser based set up and management are a breeze. Walkthrough setup and simply enjoy your WiFi.
- DUAL-BAND WIFI YOU CAN COUNT ON - 3.2 Gbps and dual bands let you surf, stream, game, and chat without losing a connection.
- WIFI 6 TECHNOLOGY - WiFi 6 technology gives you faster speeds and increased ranges for more devices.
- SIMULTANEOUS DUAL-BAND STREAMING: Unclog your network with twice the bandwidth. Wireless signals transmitted on 2.5Ghz and 5Ghz simultaneously allow for the strongest connection possible. Choose your lane depending on whether you need range or performance.
TP-Link AX6600 WiFi 6 Gaming Router (Archer GX90)- Tri Band Gigabit
- More Devices with Less Lag: OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology deliver data to multiple devices, simultaneously
- Expansive Coverage: 8 detachable high-performance antennas, Beamforming, high-power FEM, 4T4R combine to deliver WiFi coverage up to a 4-bedroom house
- Game Band: Tri-Band structure provides a 4.8 Gbps Game Band exclusive for your gaming rigs and bings pure immersion. 4804 Mbps (5GHz, HE160) + 1201 Mbps (5GHz) + 574 Mbps (2.4GHz)
- TP-Link OneMesh Supported: Flexibly Create Whole Home WiFi with Archer GX90 by adding a OneMesh supported Range Extender, like RE505X
- Game Accelerator: Detect and optimize gaming streams, to ensure your gaming stays immersive
- Ultra Connectivity: 1 × 2.5 Gbps WAN/LAN port + 1 × 1 Gbps WAN/LAN port + 3 × Gigabit LAN ports and 2 x USB ports ensure max flexibility and boosted throughput
- Powerful Processing: 1.5 GHz Quad-Core CPU ensures your network performance always at peak run
- TP-Link HomeCare: Protect your network and connected devices with a free lifetime subscription to TP-Link HomeCare featuring next-level antivirus, robust parental controls, and QoS
What to Look For in a most powerful internet router?
A valuable product is determined by many factors (included below). The process of researching the most powerful internet router is pretty significant because of these features related to the products. However, rest assured that we are here to support your challenges.
Having a closer look at the following factors would benefit you a lot. These are the most important things among various ones you need to consider:
Although they are more affordable than dual-band routers, we recommend getting two 5GHz Wi-Fi band routers. If you own four computers that can support Wi-Fi 6, the NETGEAR Nighthawk RAX200 is ideal. Some models include a second 6GHz connection that offers even higher Wi-Fi speeds.
If you are in an area with Gigabit internet, input is another problem. An older router could slow down your home and cause problems with your Gigabit internet connection. Some routers are capable of aggregating two inputs to provide faster connectivity.
You want a router capable of MU-MIMO. However, you also want to have as many streams available as possible for your wireless devices to communicate with it.
Dual-band routers generally have at least two antennas. Some are dedicated to the 5GHz band, while others go to 2.4GHz. Omnidirectional means they transmit signals in all directions, regardless of the position of their antennas. There are many configurations that look like droid heads in Star Wars movies, or flipped Tarantulas pointed at the sky.
The indoor range for the 2.4GHz band is 150ft, and the 50ft of the 5GHz band. Antennas focus more on signal quality and speed rather than invading neighbor's homes with Wi-Fi signals. If you have to send a Wi Fi signal to an area, you can purchase a high-gain antenna.
Speeds And Standards
Wi-Fi 6 is the latest standard for routers. It's also known as 802.11ax. This is faster and better suited to households that have many smart home devices. While there are many WiFi 6 routers on the market today, Wi-Fi 6e is a newer standard that uses a portion of the radio frequency.
Multistreams and antennas can send and receive data faster than one. Imagine two trucks driving down the same road. They can deliver packages quicker than two trucks travelling down the same route. Virtually all wireless devices support two outgoing and one incoming streams. To be able to connect multiple Wi-Fi networks, you need a router that supports more than two streams on each band.
A router that has two transmit streams (and two receive streams) may work well for a smaller home. An 8x8 configuration is recommended for busy homes with many wireless devices.
What Does A Wi-Fi Router Do?To send or receive web data, you must be connected to the modem. Your router allows this without requiring a wire. This is a fancy antenna that connects to your modem wirelessly over Wi-Fi. To connect to other devices, such as printers and remote storage servers at home via Wi-Fi networks within your area of residence, you can use the Wi-Fi network.
What Makes Wi-Fi 6 Better Than Before?Wi-Fi 6 supports new Wi-Fi technologies that make data transfer faster and more efficient. Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM) is one of the most important upgrades. This trick allows your router to transmit radio waves other devices can interpret as a series or ones and zeroes. It's the binary code behind everything you read, see and experience online. Your router can send 10 bits of binary code per transmission with 1024-QAM, as opposed to the eight bits of binary sent by Wi-Fi 5 routers using 256-QAM. Wi-Fi 6 boasts top speeds up to 30% higher than the previous version.
OFDMA (or orthogonal frequency division multiple access) is another feature to be noted. This allows your router to transmit data to multiple clients through one channel, increasing network efficiency. To save fuel, think of it as a delivery man dropping multiple pizzas off to several customers at once. Target Wake Time allows the router to schedule devices that must check in periodically so they don't interfere with each other. It isn’t tied specifically to Wi-Fi 6 but most next-gen routers support WPA3, which is the latest Wi-Fi security standard.
My Router Is Jammed- What Should I Do?Because the router is electronic, such events can happen anytime. This doesn't mean you should panic. You can simply reboot or restart your router if you encounter such issues. Just behind the router is a reset button. Hold this button for at least 10 seconds to turn on all the LED lights.
Your router will enter reset mode once it has done so. You must wait until all lights come on. You must also remember that any active settings changes will return to the default.
How Do I Set Up A Wi-Fi Router?To set up the router, you can plug it in using an Ethernet cable. Next, type the IP address of the router into your browser's URL bar. You can also use the app of your router to set up, and it usually takes between 5-10 minutes. You can access your router's settings and change your Wi Fi password using either method after setup.
Standard Routers Vs. Mesh Routers: Which Is Better?The standard router is one device you will typically put near your internet connection. Additional access points can be added wirelessly to mesh routers. These will again be located near your internet router.
Multiple access points can be used to bypass obstacles that could cause Wi-Fi dead zones, such as large appliances or concrete brick walls. Mesh routers improve reliability. Mesh routers aren't expected to deliver higher performance. In my testing, they didn't perform well relative to the price.
Do I Need To Change The Router SSID And Password?Your router's SSID (or Router Identification Number) is your unique identification number. Although every router has WPA2 security built in, you should always change the password and SSID of your router. Because every router may have the same default password, it could mean that you network is open to all.
It is recommended that you change your SSID password and SSID to protect it. This will help you eliminate all types of malicious attempts.
READ NEXT: The Most Powerful Radio For 2023