The Studio Mixing Console For 2023
1. Best Overall: Rockville 18 Channel 6000w
The Rockville RPM1870 mixer is perfect for live sound, PA, DJ and karaoke applications. The unit features 18 channels with XDR2 mic preamps with low noise and low distortion. The RPM1870 has seven-band EQ with a 24-bit effects unit on every track. The mixer can be controlled via built-in Bluetooth or from an external device through the USB port. Read Review
2. Best For Price: Pyle PMXU128BT 12-Channel Bluetooth
A personal mixer that records and connects to your PC, the Pyle PMXU128BT has a USB soundcard and audio interface to record and connect to MAC or PC. It has universal digital audio file compatibility and is perfect for beginners or studio professionals. With Bluetooth capability, you can control your music wirelessly from the palm of your hand. Read Review
3. Best High-End: Mackie VLZ4 16-channel 4-Bus Mixer
You've got an extensive dynamic range, an incredible 60dB gain range on the Onyx microphone preamplifiers, and ultra-low-noise performance. The VLZ4 16 channel also boasts better-than-ever RF rejection for prime performance in broadcast situations. Read Review
4. Best Sound Quality: Depusheng DT12 12-Channel Studio Audio Mixer
The DT12 is a 12-channel DJ mixer with features that make it perfect for the studio. The Bluetooth wireless range is within 15 ft, and it's straightforward to wirelessly stream all music tunes to the mixing board from Spotify or Pandora. With 12 channels, one XLR microphone, and 1/4" input for each track, you'll be able to connect multiple devices and enjoy a high-quality listening experience. Read Review
In today's digital production world, it has become increasingly difficult for audio engineers and producers to find tools capable of handling the complexity and volume of audio data in real-time. With new media formats and technologies emerging almost every day, it is not uncommon for audio engineers to need specialized equipment that can handle various types of files without overloading.
In this article, we will look at some of the best studio mixing consoles for recording studios and some crucial factors to consider when purchasing them. A mixing console is a sound mixing desk specifically designed for recording studios. They are generally used by audio engineers or record producers during the mixing process to monitor and modify multiple audio inputs simultaneously while reducing background noise.
We have chosen many of the available good items, including the Rockville 18 Channel 6000w - our favourite one. We also provide you with a -second-product model that you may consider if Rockville 18 Channel 6000w is not your choice. You will be surprised at the information we are about to share below! Let's explore the unique features of products from famous brands, including Rockville, Pyle, Mackie, Depusheng, Behringer, Zoom, Fineshine, Yamaha, Tascam, Soundcraft, right here.
RELATED: The amp and mixer combo for every need and budget, based on over 16,091 reviews from former users.
Our Top Picks
Rockville 18 Channel 6000w
- Rockville RPM1870 18 Channel 6000W powered mixer w/USB, effects/16 Xdr2 mic pres
- Built in USB allows you to play songs from your computer or a thumb drives. Built in recording - allows you to record your main mix on to a USB drive. Usb supported formats are MP3, WAV, WMA. Built in advanced Bluetooth wireless audio streaming with the most reliable Bluetooth chip on the market
- Rockville RPM1870 6000 Watt powered mixer, 7 band EQ, 24-bit effects, USB, Bluetooth, and 48V phantom power. 18 channel mixer section: 16 mono channels, 1 stereo channel. 18 high-quality Xdr2 mic preamps with switchable +48 V phantom power for condenser microphones. Xdr2 mic preamps are low-noise and low distortion. These are some of the best sounding mic pre’s on the market
- Each channel has gain, aux control, FX control, pan control, volume control. Peak LED indicator has a red LED that indicates a signal level that is 5dB below clipping. Dual stereo 7-Band Graphic EQ allows for precise frequency correction of monitor and main outputs (with EQ kill switch)
- 24 bit digital effects processor with 16 preset Digital effects including (reverb, chorus,, delay, chorus, Phaser, Flanger and various multi-effects). effects level control can adjust signal level of each effect. Effects mute button. Fx footswitch input lets you turn your effects on or off. 4-Band EQ (high, high-mid, low-mid, low) per channel. Each channel is equipped with pad, mute, and solo buttons with LED’s
Best For Price
Pyle PMXU128BT 12-Channel Bluetooth
- RECORD AND CONNECT TO PC: This personal mixer has a USB soundcard and audio interface to record and connect to MAC or PC and it has universal digital audio file compatibility. Can be used by beginners or studio professional applications
- +48V PHANTOM POWER: For reliable power source, this DJ mixer comes with a +48V Phantom power supply. Includes a 3-pin power adapter cable and the stereo output level meter is 12-Segment (-30, -20, -10, -7, -4, -2, 0, +2, +4, +7, +10, CLIP)
- LED INDICATOR LIGHTS: The recording mixer has LED indicator lights and rotary adjustment knobs for user convenience. It has input selection, master volume controls, independent channel balance and high, plus, low frequency adjustment
- 12-CHANNEL MIXER: The device caters multiple device connectivity because it has 12 channels. It has 2 ¼” (L/R) main outputs, 4 XLR 14” combo audio line/MIC IN, 2 pair RCA inputs, 2 pair ¼” mono+stereo inputs, ¼” send+return inputs, ¼” headphone jack
- BLUETOOTH: This portable multi channel DJ sound controller has Bluetooth for wireless streaming and use it as an input to mix signal with other input channels. It works with iPhone, Android, iPad, Tablet and MP3 Player. The wireless range is 15 ft
Mackie VLZ4 16-channel 4-Bus Mixer
- Improved RF rejection perfect for broadcast applications
- 16-channel mixer featuring Mackie signature high-headroom/low-noise design
- 16 high-headroom line inputs with +4/-10 operation control
- Phantom power for condenser mics
- 16 boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps
Best Sound Quality
Depusheng DT12 12-Channel Studio Audio Mixer
- High Accurate Led Lights and Power Supply:Delicate LED peak level indicator, and ultra musical 3 band EQ on all channels; For reliable power source, this DJ mixer comes with a +48V Phantom power supply. Includes a 3=pin power adapter cable and the stereo output level meter is 10-Segment (-24, -19, -14, -11, -8, -5, 0, +5, +8, +11)
- Multi Devices Compatibility：This portable 12-channel DJ mixer has Bluetooth for wireless streaming and use it as an input to mix signal with other input channels. It works with IOS, Android, Tablet and MP3 Player.
- Wireless Bluetooth: The bluetooth wireless range is within 15 ft.Very easy to wirelessly stream all music tunes to the mixing board from Spotify or Pandora
- 12-CHANNEL DJ Mixer: The mixer is great for multiple devices connectivity because it has 12 channels,and one XLR microphone and 1/4’’ input each channel. Plus 2 Pair XLR outputs，2 1/4’’ (L/R) outputs, Each pairs RCA (L/R) inputs and outputs, 2 pairs 1/4’’ mono + stereo,1/4’’ Send + Return and 1/4’’ headphone jack
- Ultra-thin and Rugged Chassis: With only 1.6 inches thin design, sealed rotary controls to resist dust, great experience of touching to use this mixer. This compact mixer provides total dynamic control, is great for high quality on stage performance,premium quality crystal clear studio level quality audio playback.【If there's any problem, please don't hesitate to contact us, we are very happy to help and strive for good customer service.】
Best For Large Channel
Behringer XENYX X2442USB ư
- 10 state-of-the-art, phantom-powered XENYX Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- Studio-grade FX processor with 16 editable presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter, multi-effects, Tap function and storable user parameter settings
- Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom analog mixer
- Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs with semi-parametric mid band for warm and musical sound
- 8 studio-grade compressors with super-easy "one-knob" functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound
Depensheng DX16 DJ Sound Controller
- MIC + Sterero Line Inputs : Supporting XLR and unbalanced 1/4" plug with +48V phantom buttons, highly accurate LED peak level indicator,10-Segment Stereo Output Level METER and ultra musical 3 band EQ on all channels; Ultra low noise, high headroom mixer with super easy functionality for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- Multi Devices Compatibility: USB/Flash Reader /MP3 or Bluetooth device are very easy to connect this mixer to Mix & record; Built in built in controls provide friendly experience to play/pause, skip tracks and switch between modes
- Bluetooth Wireless Audio Streaming : Cable free music streaming ability directly to the consoles; Mix all kinds of devices as smart phone to this audio mixer. Very easy to wirelessly stream all music tunes to the mixing board from Spotify or Pandora
- Ultra-thin and Rugged Chassis: With thin design, sealed rotary controls to resist dust, great experience of touching to use this mixer. This compact mixer provides total dynamic control, is great for high quality on stage performance,premium quality crystal clear studio level quality audio playback
- New Multi Voltage Power Supply : 100V 240V (+/ 15V DC Power adapter) ideal for worldwide usage; offering optional power supplies that give an amazing friendly user experience【If there's any problem, please don't hesitate to contact us, we are very happy to help and strive for good customer service.】
Best Outputs For Headphones
Zoom LiveTrak L-12 Digital Mixer & Multitrack Recorder
- Frequency characteristics 44.1 kHz:-1.0 dB: 20 Hz - 20 kHz,96 kHz: -3.0 dB: 20 Hz - 40 kHz.14 -track Simultaneous recording, 12-track playback
- 14 -in/4-out USB audio interface connectivity
- Scene saving function, up to 9 scenes saved at a time
- 5 powered headphone outputs, each with a customizable and savable mix
- 12 discrete channels (8 mono plus 2 stereo) with XLR or 1/4-inch connectivity
- Intelligently Compatible Various Equipment: It has complete functions and can be connected with various electronic equipment with audio input interface, and can be used for more large, medium and small occasions.
- 6 Music Modes: natural, P0P, rock, jazz, classical, country music,equivalent input noise -122dbu, residual output noise < -90dbu.
- Audio Mixer: 3 stage equalization regulate,by adjusting knob to adjust the reverb depth and delay effect.
- Mono/Stereo Channel Input：With +48V Phantom Power Supply, Support Wired/Wireless/Capacitive Microphone Input, High Quality Microphone Amplifier.
- LED Indicator Lights: The recording mixer has LED indicator lights and rotary adjustment knobs for user convenience. It has input selection, master volume controls, independent channel balance and high, plus, low frequency adjustment.
Yamaha MGP32X Mixing Console
- 2 Matrix out - 1 Mono out
- 32 Line Inputs (24 mono and 4 stereo)
- 24 Mic Inputs with 48V Phantom Power and HPF per Channel
- 6 AUX Sends + 2 FX Sends
- 4 GROUP Buses + ST Bus
Tascam Model 24 Multi-Track
- Can act as a powerful audio interface and will connect directly to your PC or Mac for easy integration with your DAW of choice
- Designed to be both lightweight and rugged, it can easily be carried from studio to stage with confidence in its reliability
- Features 16 high-grade TASCAM mic preamps and multiple stereo line inputs for studio-quality audio performance right out of the box
- Capture up to 24 tracks simultaneously (at 24bit/48kHz resolution) directly to the SD card, with the ability to support punch in/out 8 tracks at the same time
- Once a take is done, easily playback any or all recorded tracks through the console for immediate mixdown; Input Impedance: 22kΩ
- A full set of familiar EQ and Auxiliary knobs remove the need to menu dive, and all inputs/outputs are all on the surface for easy access
Our buying guide to pick studio mixing console for you need
Maybe you feel overwhelmed by the variety of choices when it comes to purchasing studio mixing console? Visitors didn't even know if a better option was available. We have a few suggestions which will make things easier and thus save you time and effort.
Review them out below to see whether the item you're looking for is right for you!
A smaller mixer is more convenient and portable in most situations. A mixer that has less than 16 channels is best if you are concerned about portability. While 16 channels are not an exact rule, they represent the compromise between small and large mixers. Make sure your mixer is protected and has a strong chassis. Mixers can even come with knobs or faders that have very delicate settings. This is important!
Inserts And Direct Outputs
Analog Or Digital
RELATED: Our selections of best mixer for home recording here both come with the highest quality and reasonable price. Whether yes or no, this article is for you!
Why Are Audio Mixers So Expensive?They are worth every penny for their quality, functionality, and reliability. Mixers for audio require much effort, labor and are time-consuming. A well-balanced transformer is a costly and time-consuming task. Audio mixers can be a good investment.
What Softwares Work Best With Audio Mixers?It takes careful planning and consideration to find software that is reliable. The best softwares can be free or they can cost you money. Wondershare Filmore and Adobe Audition are our top picks.
Does A Mixer Improve Sound Quality?An audio mixer's primary purpose is to mix and match sounds, as well as alter the bass, middles, and treble. The sum of all the input channels can be merged to produce better sound. A mixer can optimize sound but also filter it. The mixer improves sound quality at the input.
Do I Need A Mixer If I Have An Audio Interface?A mixer is a great addition to your purchase if you find that you need more audio inputs than your existing interface allows.
Can You Get A Mixer With A USB Mic Input?Professional mixers don't have either a USB input or interface. This is because USB mics don't have as strong a connection as 1/4" or XLR jacks. USB microphones are great options for those on a budget who need to connect directly to the computer. However, audio mixers have a greater capability. Some mixers include a USB interface.
How Long Do Audio Mixers Last?Audio mixers are expected to last between 3-5 years. They are able to return the money they invested. Audio mixers with a life expectancy of 5+ years are not considered obsolete. These mixers can last for a very long time, and they are easily scaleable to accommodate technological changes.
Can A Mixer Replace An Audio Interface?You can, to a certain extent... however, a stereo mixer will not work the same as a multichannel interfacing which allows you to simultaneously record different audio sources from multiple tracks.
What Is The Difference Between An Analog And USB Mixer?A standalone analog mixer can mix audio from multiple sources. You can then output the audio to a PA system or speaker system. An USB mixer can do this same thing but also has an interface. You can also connect the USB mixer to your computer so you can record it in software.
The website has a buying guide for studio mixing console for your needs. It will assist you in determining what to purchase and how much was to purchase! If the above options do not meet your needs, consider Behringer EUROPWER PMP6000 as an alternative.
Whether any of this makes it sound daunting or if you want more information, please give us a call, our members of the team are always happy to chat and brainstorm ideas with you!
READ NEXT: The 10 Best Tablet 13 Inch Of 2023, Tested By Our Experts